Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 147votes)

Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Alt Names: alt 猫田のことが気になって仕方ない。alt I Can't Help but Be Curious about Nekota.alt I Can’t Help but Be Concerned about Nekota.alt I'm So Interested in Nekota That I Can't Help Myself.
Author: Oouta Rie
Artist: Oouta Rie
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Amane Mikiko, better known as Mikki, is an elementary school student who moves a lot and has to transfer schools often. As soon as she makes friends, she has to painfully say goodbye to them. She is determined to not make any new friends at her new school, but it doesn't exactly go her way... especially when she meets a boy with the head of a cat! But hold on... he only looks like that in her eyes?!
Go to Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

336 Comments

I love the fact that the main love interest has the head of a cat. It makes this whole comic some kind of weird meta-comedy about the shoujo genre. Because no matter how cool the main lead acts, he still has that face of a cat. 

I'd actually like for her to fall in love and still have his head be a cat. Heck, I'd find it extremely amusing if she married him that way too. And then, one day, for no particular reason, she can finally see his actual face. And then she'll be all weirded out because he doesn't look like the man-cat she fell in love with!

...surely I'm not the only one, right? lol

The Clueless_Miki.jpg is so real this chapter.

My prediction:

Spoiler

I'm trying to picture this. It's fucking terrifying, but it's hilarious.

Lel
These kids and love problems... When I was their age, the only things that mattered were cartoons and playing all day.

...SO why does he have a cat head? anyone got a theory?

Maby everyone has a cat head, but she just sees them as human.

Spoiler
Nekota's shirt really hits the mark far more than he realized.

My prediction:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Never change Mikki. Never change.

Mom is already eyeing Nekota for future son-in-law. XD

New manga, GET~!

it feels like nekota knows mikki in the past... or something like that...

Looks like kitty is starting to be a lil conscious of a certain someone. The innocent cuteness is strong with these kids.

You know, it's getting so it's like Beauty and the Beast -- it'll be disappointing if suddenly he just looks like some guy.

Oh my goodness, this manga is just too adorable!

Boo! Give Mikki her pillow fight!

what the fuck was that doodle on the last page of ch. 11?

Fabulous Nekota will be fabulous.

what the fuck was that doodle on the last page of ch. 11?

This manga never fails to make me laugh.

Yeah, I haven't read such good Manga Prozac since Ouran.

Since starting this manga I've been wondering what it will take for us (and by extension Mikki) to see Nekota's face.  At first I thought it would take Mikki falling in love with him, but after the most recent chapter, I'm not so sure.  Will it require mutual feelings?  Something completely different?  Theories anyone?

This manga never fails to make me laugh.

I love Mikki's character.  Gives you the great little throwaway bits.  "Suits you, sensei!" :D

"Things went well when I kept quiet, again!"   :D :D

The poor teacher tried so hard too!

Anyhoo ... I thought this was a good chapter, but I really enjoyed the unexpected development with Haruna. Very nice!

Thanks so much for the release. :)

I've been reading a lot of stuff with Good Love Rival Development lately, it makes me happy. Can't wait until the tired trope is turned on its head and handled better for everyone, including the rivals. Really rooting for Yukke, it was super sweet to see him happy to see Haruna smile again. And it's nice to see Mikki and Nekota bonding in a reasonably paced manner.

I love Mikki's character.  Gives you the great little throwaway bits.  "Suits you, sensei!" :D

"Things went well when I kept quiet, again!"  :D :D

Omg! Yukke made INCREDIBLE progress on Haruna. XD

I like the way this bit was done.  Typically when you get two rival-types getting together to monopolize the main couple's attention and get them away from each other, it all works pretty well until either True Love breaks through or some weird co-incidence finally gives the main pair a chance to be together, or both.

But here it's more like how that might work out in real life--they're trying, but there's too many variables and they're not in control of the situation so nothing works worth a damn and the main leads spend much of their time together and never even notice a problem.

Jeez does this really happen in elementary school?

Only in Japan I guess 

It's difficult to take all these cliché evils scenes seriously knowing that they're only 6th graders and that Miki rarely understands them.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics