Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 116votes)

Yuki ni Tsubasa

Alt Names: alt 雪にツバサalt Wings Upon Snow
Author: Takahashi Shin
Artist: Takahashi Shin
Genres: Drama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsubasa lives in a hotspring town that is about to fade away from a bad economy. He is a middle school delinquent, and is beat up at school almost every day. He has a secret, though: he is a psychic, but he is embarrassed of this fact because his abilities are "lame" and not worth bragging about. One day, however, he realizes that he can read the mind of a mute girl named Yuki.
Go to Yuki ni Tsubasa Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

196 Comments

God I wish I knew Japanese so I could just read this whole thing binge-style. 

Anybody can learn Japanese, provided they are willing to put forth the very non-trivial effort required.  And the younger you are, and the harder you try, the quicker you will learn.  For me, starting to learn the language in my late middle age has been an exercise in stubborn persistence, sometimes akin to butting one's head against a wall repeatedly.  But my rock-headed stubbornness is beginning to pay off, finally, after nearly seven years.  Even so, I still feel like a beginner at times.

My wife will attest to how rock-headed stubborn I can be...

God I wish I knew Japanese so I could just read this whole thing binge-style. I really like this premise and I really like the main characters so far. At least the chapters are pretty lengthy.

---

"ahhh these 2 chapters has this scene and another scene again" that gives the bad taste to the reader...

It would if there weren't any logic for it coming up again.

If you cross a gang of terrible people that want to do terrible things to you then I'd assume they'd be looking for some payback, and of course a form of payback that would be equally terrible

Unless I missinterpretted her, she went back there to find him(the mc). She clearly isn't too sharp when you take into account her inner monologues and the way she reacted to the situations, and she's also suffered some sort of past trauma that makes her known to be passive towards that kind of harassment(which is why those guys jumped straight to it both times, because rumor says they could and she wouldn't stop them).

I've see plenty of unprecedented shock thrown around in media but this case wasn't anything random or far fetched. It'd be different if they were some new completely unrelated strangers who targeted her out of no where coincidentally or something similar.

This is what ties the two together, at this point he has to protect her now that all of these guys are looking for vengeance.

I'm not sure what you mean. It seems pretty good to me so far.

don't get me wrong... i didn't mean that this manga is bad... in fact, i followed this manga cuz its not that bad... i was a bit curious as to why the rating was lower than 4/5(now its 4/5)... and after reading 2 chapters, i was like "ahhh these 2 chapters has this  scene and another scene again" that gives the bad taste to the reader...

Which begs the question: How in the world was it popular enough in Japan to justify eight tankobons, followed by a prequel of another eight tankobons? Am I failing to see (and translate) something truly special about the story? It's probably a bit early to tell, even though all manga series are under the requirement of communicating their basic premise early in the story so that readers don't simply walk away.

Does somebody here have better insight into the mangaka and this series in particular?

well, we can't tell if this manga is a lower than 4/5 ratings... i mean if this manga has 8+8volumes (like what i read) then it might be good in a later chapter...

to me, the story is good(base on the description).. in fact, im amuse as to why it has lower than 4/5 ratings(now its 4/5ratings)... i didn't say this manga is bad... i just thought that "ahhhh, because of the story so far, this gives bad taste to the reader" and such that the readers gave it low ratings...

I think he [Shin Takahashi], along with Mizukami Satoshi, are the only mangakas  ... that I follow unconditionally.

I didn't know that Takahashi had a dedicated following until after I released chapter 1, though I suspected as much. Again, because of the 8+8 volumes and his many other works, which works show the signs of having a loyal following. What mystified me was why these two series hadn't been scanlated by anybody yet. Both series are complete in tankobon form already, and for a popular series it's rare to be complete before anybody tries to scanlate even one chapter.

Apart for the horrendous redraws...

Which begs the question: How in the world was it popular enough in Japan to justify eight tankobons, followed by a prequel of another eight tankobons? Am I failing to see (and translate) something truly special about the story? It's probably a bit early to tell, even though all manga series are under the requirement of communicating their basic premise early in the story so that readers don't simply walk away.

Does somebody here have better insight into the mangaka and this series in particular?

You know, Shin Takahashi is an acquired taste, may it be he is best know for Saikano, but you can recognize him in his other mangas, even if some of them go more to the bright/light side, hell, I think he, along with Mizukami Satoshi are the only mangakas  with a wide variety of works (opposed to lets say Kentaro Miura and Yukito Kishiro ) that I follow unconditionally. 

The guy who made this also did Saikano. The initial ratings are because the dialogue isn't well done. It improves however as the story goes on.

now i get it as to why this has like lower than 4/5 ratings...

I'm not sure what you mean. It seems pretty good to me so far.

Now i get it as to why this has like lower than 4/5 ratings...

now i get it as to why this has like lower than 4/5 ratings...

And the...

Spoiler
...continues!

Spoiler

Spoiler

That was explained in the chapter. And though she seems to be awfully passive, she has hinted that there is more to her than that.

From what I've seen by looking through the entire series,
Spoiler

FWIW, "The Lord of the Rings" goes to some mighty horrific and depressing places before coming out good in the end. So do most good stories. I'm pretty sure this story doesn't fall among such exalted company, though.

And the...

Spoiler
...continues!

Spoiler

Depressing as fuck. 

EDIT: Thank you for the chapter nonetheless. My negativity is aimed towards author of the story and not on you guys who scanlate. 

I think were gonna need a tragedy tag in here... *Filthy body* fml why do i get hooked on these.

With the help of Mana Light and his Chocolat Vanilla Scans, we have this second chapter out a little quicker than the last one, plus some cleanup to the first chapter.

Pardon the redraws.  We will probably redo some of them and reupload in the next week or two.

FWIW, over half of the next chapter has been translated and typeset already.  That, despite not having jumped straight into the chapter after having finished the previous chapter.  You only need to check my profile to know that I have a lot going on.

This author surely loves rape.

thiswaitiskillingmeohmygodineedmoreofthisrightnow.

Thank you for picking this up, btw.

Hopefully, starting in the next chapter, the quality of this scanlation in regards to redrawing will be better.  That is, another guy is doing the redrawing.  Not me.

don't expect too much about redrawing skill T.T. yuki ni tsubasa itself has a lot of part which need to be redrawn. normally i won't redraw sfx. easy sfx is fine but almost sfx is over my ability.

Spoiler

You have too much imagination.  The smudge in the picture is actually an artifact from my less than perfect redrawing skills.  In this case, from relying on Photoshop too much.  And then not looking back at it with an eye towards how certain people who frequent this site think.  In the original there is a large black SFX there.

Hopefully, starting in the next chapter, the quality of this scanlation in regards to redrawing will be better.  That is, another guy is doing the redrawing.  Not me.

In any case, the next chapter is coming along nicely.  Scanned, cleaned, transcribed and about one third translated already.  In spite of other work (and life) going on at the same time.

Yup, followed

Spoiler

interesting premise but..attempted gangrape for the first chapter? and the would-be rapists probably were the same people who were just beating up the MC. inb4 future flood of ntr comments. i know a certain someone who would definitely enjoy a story like this.

The premise is surprisingly unique. The art style seems to fit it for some strange reason, although it's a little messy. Looks like something anyone can enjoy.

Be patient.  The next chapter has more to say and show on the topic.  This series is eight volumes long, with several distinct story arcs.

I shall attempt to remain patient. But know that I'm thinking "moar plz". Also, thanks so much for the chapter!

Minor refresh of the chapter.  Cleaned up the first ten pages, added scanlator credit (which I had somehow forgotten), and changed page 51 in a small but important way which reflects on Yuki's personality.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics