Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 236votes)

Knights & Magic

Alt Names: alt ナイツ&マジックalt 骑士魔法alt Knight's & Magicalt Knights and Magic
Author: Amazake No Hisago
Artist: Katou Takuji & Kurogin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A mecha otaku is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti "Eru" Echevalier. In this magical world, the country is protected by knights who pilot a kind of large humanoid weapon known as the Silhouette Knights. Dreaming of piloting these robots, Eru and his childhood friends, Archid and Adeltrud Olter, study Magic and work toward their goal together.

The manga adaptation of the light novel series by the same name.
Go to Knights & Magic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw New Window Nefrytone
  • 1 Replies
Topic LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 4 Replies

449 Comments

And that baffles me to no end. Translators are practically falling over themselves to translate absolute garbage like Arifureta, yet we still don't have one for a series like Knights & Magic. My best guesses are the lack of any sort of ecchi, harem, or similar other genres that appeal to the main crowd in the series is putting them off, or baka dogenza makes the series appear to not be 'inactive', which fools other translators into leaving it alone. I'm honestly suspecting the first, as there's a fantastic (and almost completed) manga series I've been trying to find a translator or group for, for over 5 years now, without any luck. That one doesn't have anything to instantly grab the attention of the most average type of readers either, that and both are Seinen rather than Shounen.

Well theres always the fact that some stories are filled with boring, hard to translate bullshit.

If you want a popular manga/anime series that gets completely and utterly shunned in the light/web novel translation department, go look at GATE.

Just note that no ones done so for a year and a half, even though current translator have said anyone can pick it up if they wanted to.

And that baffles me to no end. Translators are practically falling over themselves to translate absolute garbage like Arifureta, yet we still don't have one for a series like Knights & Magic. My best guesses are the lack of any sort of ecchi, harem, or similar other genres that appeal to the main crowd in the series is putting them off, or baka dogenza makes the series appear to not be 'inactive', which fools other translators into leaving it alone. I'm honestly suspecting the first, as there's a fantastic (and almost completed) manga series I've been trying to find a translator or group for, for over 5 years now, without any luck. That one doesn't have anything to instantly grab the attention of the most average type of readers either, that and both are Seinen rather than Shounen.

Looks like the Spanish one is just copying the English trans as their own.  Hope they got permission from EGS...it's not like they wouldn't get it if they asked nicely.

No, they did not, and I am starting to be annoyed by that.

I wonder if we shouldnt release for a while because of them T_T 

Gonna talk about it with the other admins T_T

Perhaps I worded the point I wanted to make a bit poorly; what's to stop somebody (who isn't Bakadogenza levels of awful) from picking up the Japanese version of the LN and carrying on from there? Sure it'd be great if the Chinese version got a v4 onwards release, but in lieu of that a translator could pick up where Sky left off, only using the Japanese raws instead.

After the cavalcade of failure that was their attempt at doing the NGNL light novel (and others in general), along with their overall release speed and other gripes, I've permanently sworn never to touch Yen Press for anything ever again, so I for one hope they don't touch it as it all but extinguishes the hopes of a good translator continuing on from v4.

Oh that'll be great.

Just note that no ones done so for a year and a half, even though current translator have said anyone can pick it up if they wanted to.

Now after the anime comes out, it may interest another translator, but there are no guarantees that'll happen.

And Yen Press' release speed is pretty good. 3-4 months per release is faster than the Japanese release and a lot of fan translators. They're actually releasing Konosuba LN on a 2 month release schedule.

Zetsuravez was saying that it bothered him that they used the name of an American gun manufacturer/gun instead of the Japanese examples he gave.

well i guess the reason for that is quite simple, either it sounds exotic = cool or it has a better image in japan or somethink close to that...

Looks like the Spanish one is just copying the English trans as their own.  Hope they got permission from EGS...it's not like they wouldn't get it if they asked nicely.

i think winchester was an actual name for some sort of gun 

Zetsuravez was saying that it bothered him that they used the name of an American gun manufacturer/gun instead of the Japanese examples he gave.

It is. And I only know this because in the LN Eru actually states (to himself) that that is why he named it that.

it bothers me...

why "winchester"?... why not "arikasa" or "type#"?...

Perhaps I worded the point I wanted to make a bit poorly; what's to stop somebody (who isn't Bakadogenza levels of awful) from picking up the Japanese version of the LN and carrying on from there? Sure it'd be great if the Chinese version got a v4 onwards release, but in lieu of that a translator could pick up where Sky left off, only using the Japanese raws instead.
After the cavalcade of failure that was their attempt at doing the NGNL light novel (and others in general), along with their overall release speed and other gripes, I've permanently sworn never to touch Yen Press for anything ever again, so I for one hope they don't touch it as it all but extinguishes the hopes of a good translator continuing on from v4.

This is actually why I don't buy english manga. I am always turned off by the translations.No. I should say the "localizations" as I tend to prefer even the bad fantranslations over the official translations and the main difference is "localization"
Although some fan translations do their own localization and it really does turn me off.

I haven't read any Yen Press novels, and I am unlikely to as I am now extremely biased against "official" works, on top of them being years behind. By the time they catch up i usually have lost interest in picking it back up anyway.

I do occasionally import the original Japanese, although not too often unless it uses furigana (so i can actually read some of it)

Better two years than never because no fan translator picked it up. The fan translation has been stalled for almost a year and a half already because the chinese publisher hasn't released vol 4 yet, with high chances that it was dropped due to low sales.

That said, the LN is being released on about once a year because the author writes the WN first before being edited into a LN.

And honestly, if Yen Press does pick it up, it'll be even faster than the chinese release, as back when it was being released, it had really sporadic release dates.

For example, vol 2 took 7 months to be released, vol 3 took about 4 months, and its been almost a year and a half and vol 4 still hasn't been released yet.

Thats also not counting the additional time it takes for it to get fan translated.

Yen Press releases on a 3-4 month schedule.

If YP does pick it up, it'll be caught up with the fan translation in a year or less.

it bothers me...

why "winchester"?... why not "arikasa" or "type#"?...

her mom made her wear that.

I have no proof but I have a strong feeling her mom wanted him to be cute.

What mother doesn't want their son to look cute?

Does the WN already have a readable translation? I could always use the translation aggregator, but machine translations take a lot of work to be passable, I much rather save myself from a headache

Most of what makes up vol 4 and 5 are just battles which translates okay.

What makes up vol 6 is also decently understandable.

There are sections that are nearly unreadable though.

Oh wow another one. Good to see Truck-san working hard.
Don't forget to read ch1 of any Truck-san mango while listening to his theme song:

Spoiler

That video should be the theme song for every Japanese light novel featuring reincarnation.

Cutest face of a shota i ever saw.

Spoiler

I went through the WN of the next arc.

Its really, really good.

Despite Eru involvement in that arc, its really about Edgar and Dee and how much the two have grown.

To add to your summary above:

Spoiler

Does the WN already have a readable translation? I could always use the translation aggregator, but machine translations take a lot of work to be passable, I much rather save myself from a headache

I dunno, for once I think him keeping his memories in tact was a good call.  If we went with the "knowledge only route" it would feel way too much like a plot convenience.  I mean I know logically that it isn't and that logically it was due to reincarnation, but having "sudden knowledge of some other world" pop in suddenly at opportune times would make me feel like it being ridiculous.

I agree that it would feel unnatural if used carelessly, but I think it could work, if he regained those memories little by little while growing up, instead of them showing up in an opportune moment.

Oh wow another one. Good to see Truck-san working hard.
Don't forget to read ch1 of any Truck-san mango while listening to his theme song:
Spoiler

Yeah, but His clothes feel like they are gender neutral on him.

her mom made her wear that.

I have no proof but I have a strong feeling her mom wanted him to be cute.

An effeminate shota is different from a trap ^^ He is not wearing girl's clothes ^^

Yeah, but His clothes feel like they are gender neutral on him.

this is so wrong..first, he's a trap. second, even if he actually is a girl, she's still a loli. is this like an introductory piece to a whole other world? :(

An effeminate shota is different from a trap ^^ He is not wearing girl's clothes ^^

this is so wrong..first, he's a trap. second, even if he actually is a girl, she's still a loli. is this like an introductory piece to a whole other world? :(

First time i've seen a reincarnation done so well.

Unlike other reincarnations series that we get to see an anoying adult in the body of a child, thinking adult things. Here we see an adult that was like child, returning to proper childhood.

I still think that it'd have been better for him to lose his memories of his other life, keeping only knowledge of things he learned before, but nothing of his former self, but it's already enough that we don't have to see a "man in his forties" aiming at little girls.

(This is for the nitpickers: Yes, I know he wasn't in his forties. I was poking at another reincarnation series)

I dunno, for once I think him keeping his memories in tact was a good call.  If we went with the "knowledge only route" it would feel way too much like a plot convenience.  I mean I know logically that it isn't and that logically it was due to reincarnation, but having "sudden knowledge of some other world" pop in suddenly at opportune times would make me feel like it being ridiculous.

I feel like.... This art makes it so Eru looks like some sort of Misaka Worst and Accelerator's Son LOL

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics