Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 90votes)

Tohai Densetsu Akagi

Alt Names: alt Akagialt Akagi - The Genius who Fell into the Darknessalt Akagi - Yami ni Oritatta Tensaialt Akagi~Yami ni Oritatte Tensai~alt アカギalt アカギ ~闇に降り立った天才~alt 鬥牌傳說alt 闘牌伝説アカギ 闇に舞い降りた天才alt Legend of Mahjong: Akagialt Mahjong Legend Akagialt Mahjong Legend Akagi: The Genius Who Descended Into the Darkness
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A genius who fell into darkness. The god of the underworld.

Akagi Shigeru runs from a Chicken race where he almost died to a Mahjong parlor, where a man is losing all his money to the Yakuza. Akagi, who is only 13, tells him that he plays it wrong, although he has never played the game before. Akagi then replaces him in the game, and there a legend is born.

When the police come to check in on the parlor to see if the child that ran from the Chicken race is there, they deny the relation of Akagi to the chicken fight. In the end the policeman invites Akagi to a much more organized Mahjong game and from there the legends only continue to develop.

Spin-Off:

- Washizu -Enma no Touhai- (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/washizu-enma-no-touhai-r4536)
Go to Tohai Densetsu Akagi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Missing chapters? where they go? T.T New Window Zonambulous
  • 3 Replies

260 Comments

I come here every now and then to see various kind of faces Washizu is making every release.

And I am waiting in suspense on how Akagi will win.

So much new FKMT this week...I'm in gambling heaven!

Spoiler

I think this means that 230 chapters available overall: aka the most recent volume ends at around chapter 230, not that there are 230 chapters left to scanlate

To be fair you're probably right. Still though, now I'd be kinda interested to see them going super sayin on us and other such namek / DBZ based delusions.

@paraquat There's 230 chapters that we have available to scanlate at the moment, but the manga is still ongoing in Japan, so there's probably a good 20 or so chapters that haven't been released in Volume format yet.

I'm still trying to figure out how they'll turn 4 rounds into 230+ chapters >.>

It's nearly 58 chapters per round even if they end it right now, that's the same as everything pre-washizu, for just one round.

Jesus, when do they come out and say "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM"?

I think this means that 230 chapters available overall: aka the most recent volume ends at around chapter 230, not that there are 230 chapters left to scanlate

The flow is finally changing!

Ahhhh, my Akagi fix. It has been so long~
Thanks a bunch, FKMTkrazy!

Akagi isn't going to break Washizu, he's going to shatter him.

@paraquat There's 230 chapters that we have available to scanlate at the moment, but the manga is still ongoing in Japan, so there's probably a good 20 or so chapters that haven't been released in Volume format yet.

I'm still trying to figure out how they'll turn 4 rounds into 230+ chapters >.>

It's nearly 58 chapters per round even if they end it right now, that's the same as everything pre-washizu, for just one round.

Jesus, when do they come out and say "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM"?

They've been playing for 6 hachan and Washizu still underestimates Akagi, sigh...

Booyah! Finally! Thanks for the new chapter!

Can never have too many Akagi chapters to read. Thanks a bunch, FKMTkrazy!

A ghost of a chance eh?

Yugioh is a pretty cool show.

A ghost of a chance eh?

@sonickrazy - well, good to hear we won't be Akagi-less for quite a long time!

Sonickrazy - Still ongoing in Japan?! I thought it was complete long ago. Good grief what a ride!
Thanks for the new chapter! Does anyone know how many chapters Akagi has in total?
@paraquat "Not as moe as Kaiji" What are you talk-...wait...Wait you're right. Kaiji is...moe...
fail, lets try again
Spoiler
Predictions for next round
Spoiler
"becauseiamacat: wow, the art burns my eyes"

That's because, as your username implies, you are a cat. Go take a nap or something.
This series is great. Not as moe as Kaiji but still great, and you don't even need to be a dark genius of mahjong to enjoy it...just someone who likes suspense and psychological battles. I'm looking forward to more chapters.
The art grows on you. I quite like it now.
wow, the art burns my eyes
Don't tell me how to rate a series, geez. :s I'll give it a five if it deserves it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics