Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 190votes)

The Friendly Winter

Alt Names: alt Da-jeong-han Gyeo-wulalt 다정한 겨울alt The Affectionate Winter
Author: Lee Jun
Artist: Lee Jun
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a child at the age of 19 meets a boy with a mental disorder who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old form. 'The Friendly Winter' shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations.

Note: The author has split the storyline into seasons. The volume number represents the season number.

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/friendlywinter
Go to The Friendly Winter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Friendly Winter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 298 Replies
Topic Guesses on the ending here. New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies
Topic Korean Censorship of Webtoons??? New Window Comadrin
  • 4 Replies

702 Comments

For the people who wanted them to be cured . . . that would have been frankly a lousy ending and was never in the cards. Partly because it would break realism (cuz there ain't no cure for that kind of stuff in real life). Partly because it would miss the point--those two are transcending their problems with determination, courage and love. In doing that they became great. If you went and cured them you'd make their victories pointless--would be poorer story.
Thanks to SCS and especially Lee Jun for this creation AND giving SCS permission to work on it.
SUPREME CREAM
No tears only dreams now....
>_< Thank you really much for all your work!!!!! SupremeCreamScans *-*
Thx SC scans.
Min-seong still a child in the head? :/
ok ok this manwha/webtoon really made a teary jerker out of me its good I mean throughout the series I was almost crying dammit and as man,,,,, that shit is tough to make us guys tear for once but I cannot say im satisfied with the ending not saying it was bad its actually good but it just lacks something to even make it good
Hmm, the ending was pretty meh, but I think the SCS story saved the day.
Spoiler

Really amazing story over all. Thanks so much, SCS!
It's sad to see this end, but at least it was technically a happy ending.
And I know I haven't said this until now, but thanks for all your hard work Supreme Cream!! It was a fun ride.
I-it's not like I'm crying or anything.
Spoiler
Good ending but i kind of wished that both of them will be cured at the end, nonetheless i cried like a little boy while reading this manga :]
It was a nice ending! Thank you Supreme Cream Scanlations for translating all of this :D
On one hand, I'm sad to see this series come to an end. But on the other hand, I'm relieved because now there will be less heart-wrenching feels to be had.

That is probably the best recruitment ad I've seen a scan group put out yet. Thanks for all the hard work SCS
Holy shit!
Last week, I was like "omfg, this ending killed the story so much!"
But this is wrapped up nicely.
Again, thanks for translating this, I love you guys!

Pick up another nice webtoon, will ya?
Great Series! Love it! Go for the happy end!
Very awesome, thanks for this great series Supreme Cream!!
Thanks SCS! I'm hoping to see more from this author!
While it wasn't conclusive, it was fulfilling. the ending made perfect sense in terms of the direction the author decided to head towards. It was really worth reading and to the scanlators, thanks for all the hardwork you guys put into!
Wow. What an amazing and moving series. One of my personal favorites of all time. Based on the comments I have read on Batoto, the ending may not have been what many wanted (I personally wanted the ending given), but it was well done. I hate it when a good series starts so interesting, and then kind of fizzles out as it is being finished. "The Friendly Winter" is simply genius. I cannot think of any other way to describe it. Thank you Lee Jun, and Supreme Cream Scans. All I can offer is thanks. Myself, and I am sure the rest of the fans appreciate your hard work on this series.
piri, on your almost spoiler--IMO that's still iffy, so if you'd rather think it's not going to happen go ahead. Personally I'm fine with it.
I'm glad too--and I'm glad Min-Seong seems happy and he's going to school and stuff. Hee! And
Spoiler

Overall a fine ending but I'm sad it's over. Thanks Supreme Cream for sticking right to the end! I get frustrated by more dropped comics . . .
Wasn't that bad of an ending, but one thing I can definitely say is that you guys at SCS were awesome from start to finish. Thanks for all your work!
Gosh damn it author! Don't make me like to mother! I don't wanna care for her! [spoilers]It feels kind of squicky for Da-Jeong to be dating oppa.[/spoiler] So many tears went into the making of her life. I'm glad she got her happy ending :)
I havent read the whole final chapter yet but here my thoughts.

i think it is good if da-yeong and min-seong will become brother and sister. Because that is for the best you cant have a man like min-seoung who thinks like 7 years old marry, that is no fucking possible.

If the dad of da-yeong and mom of min-seong marry that is the best outcome and if oppa marrys da-yeoung that is the best ending ever.
Spoiler

I join the chorus of thanks to SupremeCream.

Now I wanna see Da-Jeong lay some smooching on "oppa". Plus I want to see Da-Jeong's dad and Min-Seong's mom get married, with Min-Seong as handsome best man and Da-Jeong as bridesmaid and their blubbering-worthy confab about being brother and sister now, together for ever and ever amen. A guy can dream, right?
Who is Min-Seong going to love? I didn't see anyone else for him? Don't tell me it's going to be one of those bitter sweet endings.... I still believe in a good Min-Seong ending!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics