Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

I get to know this manga yesterday, because a friend of mine recommend it so much, now i can't stop reading it!!! >o< It's so addicting!!! & i love Arata!!! *v*

Thanks for the hardwork KidCongo! :)
Someone should update Ch 42/43. You can find it on Lazy Scan's FB page :https://www.facebook.com/Lazyassscans?ref=stream&filter=1
I love this series even though it is not typically a genre that I enjoy, but it makes me sad that I can't really read anything until the anime reaches chapter 89 of the manga... simply because I hate jumping ahead in a story :(
Raws for ch 107 is out and easy to find.
Spoiler
Thank you for the chapter!

I want to see the next episode so badly.

And, what's up with the Chapters 49-88?
I love the new chapter! Cheered (mentally) so hard for the both of them.
i felt crying in this new chapter TT_TT
Raw has been out for a few days, I think. (Just saw them today) Good luck TDX on those redraws. There is some heavy pages in 105. BUT, ALAS:
Spoiler
I'm sensing some "dark" feelings swelling up in Arata. Taking that long break is coming back to haunt him now.
UUUUUUUUUURGH!
This chapter! So intense! I can't even sit still right now! How can it end like that?! UUURGH. I wish you delayed this release because honestly I forgot all about this manga because of the holidays and now I'm going to be a nervous wreck til the next chapter! So good. Okay, okay. Now this chapter made me squeal on the fact that Arata wanted to battle Chihaya. :D!!!! Yes! Kick yourself in the ass for losing that match! Look what you are missing right now! INTENSE BATTLE!
It hasn't been accepted here yet, but you can check it out first at http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/chihayafuru/49/1/ (It's mistakenly titled ch 49 but it should be 48 since it's the start of volume 9
If anyone can give me feedback on my work on Chapter 49, it'd be appreciated.
I would actually like for Tachi to lose. As I read the new chapter I came to a realization. Yes, Tachi has figured out his own style, but that shouldn't mean he suddenly becomes super good because of it. The fact that he has realized his own playing style should mean that he can gradually get better at it like Chihaya with practice. This doesn't mean Chihaya is going to win by a large sum. It will be a close game, but Chihaya should come out on top by a card or two.
@Archer I can't say that Taichi enjoys pain as such, but he spends a lot of time IN pain, and most of it is self-inflicted. Sadists don't do that:) I love Taichi like a loving thing, so this is in no way criticism.

chapter 102, and Harada-sensei gets a revelation. Teaching Tachi: You've Been Doing It Wrong XD It was a fantastic chapter! I loved almost all of it, but I think forfeiting episode was not really necessary. Also, a lot of UST *approves*
I wasn't particular happy that Hiroshi decided to forfeit against Chihaya and the conversation that happen afterwards with sensei. Yea yea, it's normal for people to do that apparently, but when they had that conversation I felt my feminist side coming out. What were you implying there Hiroshi? Obviously the fact that you want to crush Matsuge means that you feel threatened by him. Are you not threatened by Chihaya? (Her becoming exhausted because of the last match is not a valid excuse to be honest) Then again this little conversation can be simply foreshadowing what will happened between Matsuge and Chihaya's match. I agree with snowwwy, Chihaya is probably going to lose as much I HATE to see that happen. Throughout the whole manga Chihaya won all her matches with him (I think) and I think it's going to be Matsuge's turn to shine. BAH. And Wataya looks at Matsuge like he is a threat too!

I'm over thinking this whole chapter.
I can't wait to see how the characters react as the chapters unfold. Should be exciting final.
im gonna go out and predict chihaya will lose, if i consider the development to make the plot more intresting.
Sorry double post. I noticed the stuff beneath~

Also, people who complain about slow releases don't make any sense. Either offer your help or don't say anything. For one, this chat area isn't even a place that most scanlators even read, so if you want an actual explanation you should go to their website.

The service scanlators provide is one that technically shouldn't even exist. People take time out of their lives to do this. They all have other things going on like school, jobs, or even being lazy (which is still justifiable). It doesn't mean you should kiss the ground scanlators walk on, but you shouldn't harass them for providing you with free service. I think most rational people can agree with that. It makes sense for them to get angry too, yah knooo.
.....masochist?!
Inteeeeense, people, so INTENSE. I'm really hoping THAT showdown happens.
Taichi, I love you so bloody hard, you glorious masochist.
Spoiler
Thanks for the releases!
Bitchfight in comments ;o

Chihaya would be sad
why???! why didn't the anime show some of the not principal character??? like arata getting the phone from his mom at the store, the meijin at the west meijin qualification or the phone call between shinobu and the meijin? i found those scene really interesting and they make the whole main story more interesting as well...
of course i like the anime and i still think is one of the best out there but now that i know it didn't included some of this scenes, somewhat it let me down a bit... i hope in the second season they'll show us some more
@Rarity - Truly Outrageous isn't it hahaha
and....Don't come to me about "real Life" I don't know you and you don't know me either. Lets put "real life" aside. I guess in the end "lazy" is what causes late releases, right? haha

meh, all my posts here are irrelevant so I stand corrected. Have good day dude!
@Zac2uzumaki

lol yah dude RL priorities are shit. scanlating is life, can't do it for fun. you have to dedicate your life to scanlating or you're shit. like, straight up.

spare time? no such thing. you either have time or you don't. period. if you have commitments, you don't have spare time, ever. if you're busy, you are automatically physically unable to scanlate manga or you will die. and you can't scanlate for a

and you can't scanlate for a hobby. if you do, you will die. scanlating is a commitment that you must make, and when you make it, you have to release it when the readers want it. that means now. the only thing that is able to hold you back when you scanlate is priority, and some manga isn't priority, what can i say. if you can't release, you are a bunch of lazy shitheads, go die.

tl;dr - if you are a scanlator, you must have NO life and dedicate yourself to the task. the only reason you can't release something is because of 1) low priority 2) lazy as fuck. no such thing as life or scanlating as a hobby

real tl;dr - you are an idiat. and probably a high/middle/elementary schooler who has never heard of "real life" aka a lot of fucking work.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics