Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

This will never be harem, it's only between the two of them... FOR FOUR FUCKING VOLUMES! No girl, not even the posessive yandere brocon imouto can break the bond of these two...

This is I believe, the first time I'm happy to hear the news of no harem in a manga. That's decided then, I'll follow this.

So apparently in this universe, Japan won the Pacific War.

I don't mind alternate timelines in fiction, but I do sorely wish that such a dramatic revision of world history would have at least some weight in the overall plot. That idea is mentioned a single time just to give the main character some rather flabby back story. C'mon, you can do better than that.

75% Dere 25% Tsun ...

usually I HATE Tsun ... but this one seems really good ...

no harem too, so all vanilla ... =3= ...

This will never be harem, it's only between the two of them... FOR FOUR FUCKING VOLUMES! No girl, not even the posessive yandere brocon imouto can break the bond of these two...

gosh, this might get boring if there's no plenty "interesting event" for them ...

this manga is quite unique tough ...

since formula Comedy+Ecchi usually have "harem" in it ...

but if 4 Vol of LN don't make any increase in girls amount ...

then this probably just a pair of couple story ... without any harem in it ...

(usually harem thing might increase the girls amount within less than 2 Vol of LN, mostly even increased at Vol 1st of LN ...)

Spoiler

no wonder ... *x* ...

Spoiler

Oi, oi...

What's with this groundbreaking series?

What ?! No Harem tag ?! I know a Harem series and THIS is a Harem series !!

haha... exactly
at least somebody promised that this won't turn into harem manga... so it's not usual cliche ;)

Spoiler
screaming while sitting on top of sleeping person... facepalm ... well, story demands it, he had to wake up ^^

Spoiler

What ?! No Harem tag ?! I know a Harem series and THIS is a Harem series !!

Perfect girl, good personality, tsundere level low, red hair, big tits and even closet pervert.

MC is not bad at all , female lead same . Nice read overall :)

As long it's not gonna turn into another harem I'm alright with the story

fat chance of that XD It is something of a Muprhys law that mangas such as this  to turn into harem ones

As long it's not gonna turn into another harem I'm alright with the story

So she is basically a non-tsun Claire from Blade Dance

So damn cliche...

haha... exactly
at least somebody promised that this won't turn into harem manga... so it's not usual cliche ;)

Spoiler
screaming while sitting on top of sleeping person... facepalm ... well, story demands it, he had to wake up ^^

So damn cliche...

I gotta say, I like the pacing of the manga

To those who are complaining, or wants a true harem, turn back now...

Spoiler

Pretty fucking happy right now. I was just going to drop this because I thought that it would probably turn into a shitty harem manga later on. Now even if it becomes shit, it won't become harem and I'm okay with that.

Did he mistreat or something? why her clothes look tattered?

NOPE. Even if he won, he didn't, why? He is sensible enough not to. BECAUSE SHE'S A LEGIT PRINCESS! If word gets around that she is maltreated, the entire military will go after him. It always gets tattered during battles. That doesn't stop her from being bound by losing though, she's doing the favors to him... side effect: It makes them closer. And that he is more interested in being stronger. That might be the only thing he wanted from her, a training partner.

Spoiler

Did he mistreat or something? why her clothes look tattered?

I like it, I think It may become quite interesting, at least I hope so :) I can't wait for the next chapter.

Wow I must say I'm impressed. Its a lot less cliche than I thought it would be and both of the main characters are far less boring than I expected, so much so that I actually like both of them. And seeing as this is confirmed to not be a harem is even better, I think I will enjoy this one :D Hope it gets a translation and anime in the future.

This one is explosive..

Spoiler

Spoiler

...I like this.

Spoiler

wonder why Stella had her clothes ripped in all the LN's covers

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics