Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 147votes)

Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Alt Names: alt 猫田のことが気になって仕方ない。alt I Can't Help but Be Curious about Nekota.alt I Can’t Help but Be Concerned about Nekota.alt I'm So Interested in Nekota That I Can't Help Myself.
Author: Oouta Rie
Artist: Oouta Rie
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Amane Mikiko, better known as Mikki, is an elementary school student who moves a lot and has to transfer schools often. As soon as she makes friends, she has to painfully say goodbye to them. She is determined to not make any new friends at her new school, but it doesn't exactly go her way... especially when she meets a boy with the head of a cat! But hold on... he only looks like that in her eyes?!
Go to Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

336 Comments

A comrade?!? And a cliff..

Spoiler

Noo! Enough with the love triangles, author-san. Just bring us more angst-free sugar.

Who knows, maybe it'll turn into a shoujo-ai and Nekota will become an actual cat.

Noo! Enough with the love triangles, author-san. Just bring us more angst-free sugar.

I doubt it will happen, but I'm have a lot of fun imagining the first day of middle-school when Nekota has a regular face. Can you imagine how frantic Mikki would be looking for him? How disgruntled he'll be when she walks right past him without a word?

All this emotion...

Spoiler

i hope we get to see all of them as middle school and high school students :o

also university and until marriage... why not until they get old and cranky :D

You took the words right out of my mouth! 

Did he just...

Spoiler

Haha! Love you Haruna: "Amane, your dating style is a disgrace to our gender!"

Yeah it's white space. In the magazine when the chapters come out, you'll sometimes see promos or ads in a bar that covers a side or the bottom. When a new volume is being made, the ads are removed, and the mangaka will sometimes fill these spaces with drawings. That's why you'll see random drawings in mostly empty spaces through the chapters. I guess the mangaka didn't have time to do drawings for this chapter.

I'm fairly sure the scanlators are just erasing the text since they haven't been translated. See the "Chapter 22 Author Babble" text in the beginning.

X2Z4KSn.png

Spoiler

About the extra.  I couldn't help thinking of it finishing, "I am a mushroom so it would be cannibalism!"

She just got petted on by a dude with a cat for a head.

Wonder if it will going-on till they reached high-school setting?

it would be interesting, but at some point i will start worrying about how dense amane is @_@

• RSD likes this
-"I like Nekota in a different way than the others..."
-"Try going out with Irie."

Best frienemy ever.

LOL THAT ENDING! He was mad. I couldn't tell.. His poker face is too strong... XD

This series keeps getting better lol. Amane is just great, and her mother reactions were priceless. XD

Btw, is page 4 meant to have a white space in the image? or is my computer just failing to load it properly?

Yeah it's white space. In the magazine when the chapters come out, you'll sometimes see promos or ads in a bar that covers a side or the bottom. When a new volume is being made, the ads are removed, and the mangaka will sometimes fill these spaces with drawings. That's why you'll see random drawings in mostly empty spaces through the chapters. I guess the mangaka didn't have time to do drawings for this chapter.

That last panel LOL, eat Megu eat!!

This series keeps getting better lol. Amane is just great, and her mother reactions were priceless. XD

Btw, is page 4 meant to have a white space in the image? or is my computer just failing to load it properly?

Purest neutronium, this hilarious girl.
This is definitely the most fun I've ever had watching
Spoiler
GG Irie you will be sacrificed for AmanexNekota Last panel was hilarious

Hahahahaha I really loved this current chapter! I quite expected it, yet I still had my doubts if the mangaka would really take this route—been loving it so far though. Just like Mikki, I hope it will be fun! : D

Even though Irie took the initiative and probably sincerely like her, I don't like that way of confessing.

It's basically "say yes or I'll be hurt (but I will take it like a man) and probably we won't be friends anymore. You don't want that, do you? And don't answer right now, think carefully of the *consequences* of a NO..."

I hate that kind of blackmail confession. He knows that Amane and Nekota are starting to get get more "romantic", so he plays the cockblocker for his own selfish reasons.

It will be all for naught, but it's still an annoying trope.

I don't know, I think there is more than one way to perceive his confession. The way I read it I don't think he was trying to blackmail her by saying he'd take it like a man if she'd reject him. Rather, I think he was trying to say she wouldn't have to worry about him pressing her to return his feelings if she didn't feel that way about him, that he would try to take it maturely and respect that it wasn't going to happen. I suppose you could take the fact the he specifically mentioned they won't be in middle school together as a him trying to add a little pressure but even then that could be him trying to express why he is in more of a rush to confess because he's worried he won't be as connected with her as the others.

In all honesty though, I do think there may be some selfishness in his confession but not necessarily in a bad way. When you really like someone, and especially when you are a kid, it is natural to kind of want to occupy that person's time and attention and you would want to be proactive in that pursuit. Moreover, confessions themselves are naturally a little selfish because you are compelling the other person to face your feelings and decide your happiness or not, but that is just the nature of them. If he really likes her it makes sense that he'd try to get her attention on him BEFORE she gets together with Nekota, just because he sees it heading that way doesn't mean he has to back off; after all they haven't made anything official much less even said that they are romantically interested in each other, so he's in his full rights to take action.  I guess I just read it a lot more innocently as a kid who is just trying to take the opportunity while she hasn't completely set her heart on someone to express his feelings and hope they are returned.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics