Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

Just Tamayo.

Japanese Tywin Shima father did nothing wrong. A man forged by poverty and circumstance, doing his absolute best at all times to perpetually insure his families legacy with every action, while still allowing and providing for small bits of kindness and love here and there. Despite his broken heart. Despite the monetary loss. What a hero.

I hope he and Tamayo have a good life together. She's right for him.

After reading these chapters,I can't say I don't empathize with the father. He by himself practically brought his family out of poverty,was treated badly by his own parents(due to lack of necessities) and supported his siblings until he became one of the most powerful man during that era. He was left behind by his first love and he also got his wife NTR'd by his younger brother(Tamasuke) and in turn took Tamao to be his own son. As Tamahiko said,his father is "a man that can't trust anyone" but we now see it was a result of his father being betrayed in his past.

I wouldn't be so sure about the situation with Tamasuke and Tamao. I'm not sure who was THAT mentioned in their talk back at Tokyo (either his wife or Tamasuke's son)
Spoiler

I thought Tamahiko was fairly similar to Tamayo reading chapter 32, but it seems like she herself realizes it...

Tamayo = Cersei Lannister

Almost cliche to think about it

Question for people more historically knowledgable than I-

Would Tamayo even be allowed to inherit the Shima family money?  It's 1923, so she certainly wouldn't be allowed to run her father's company, would she?

Isn't it more historically accurate for them to find some young man to adopt into the family and make him marry Tamayo?  So he would at least be the face of the company?  Similar to what they did with Yuzu?

Bitch sister incoming...

Incoming? I thought it had been well established by now that she was a bitch AT BEST.

For people who want money, it's never enough.  Wealth is a marker for power, dominance; you're never finished as long as there's someone with more.  She doesn't want to have a few yen more, she wants to make the world grovel under her feet.  She wants to be able to fuck with everyone, kick 'em while they're down and give them that sneer and revel in the knowledge that there's nothing they can do about it.  Dad's probably next to go six feet under as soon as she's the official heir.  And she won't be marrying anyone she can't put thoroughly under her thumb.

Yep. I remember reading about someone who got #100 in the top 100 richest people. The dude's wife said in an interview that her husband, the 100th richest person in the world, was furious. He was ashamed at being the last person in that list. For some people, it's not about the money; it's about beating everyone else.

Edit: that list may actually have been the top 100 in the United States. I'm having trouble remembering the specifics.

Hope Tamayo loses everything in the coming Black Friday stock market crash and the ensuing Great Depression!

Bitch sister incoming...

She dont care about fortune, as long as she obey her father she will still be rich, even then she can marry anyone rich from other big family

For people who want money, it's never enough.  Wealth is a marker for power, dominance; you're never finished as long as there's someone with more.  She doesn't want to have a few yen more, she wants to make the world grovel under her feet.  She wants to be able to fuck with everyone, kick 'em while they're down and give them that sneer and revel in the knowledge that there's nothing they can do about it.  Dad's probably next to go six feet under as soon as she's the official heir.  And she won't be marrying anyone she can't put thoroughly under her thumb.

Man, that is kinda scummy

Spoiler

Man, that is scummy
Spoiler

Man, that is pretty scummy
Spoiler

Don't forget the one with the evil sister. That's pretty scummy as wrll.

Thanks so much for uploading multiple chapters. If those had been standalone I wouldn't have been able to take the suspense. Jeez.

Man, that is kinda scummy

Spoiler

Man, that is scummy

Spoiler

Man, that is pretty scummy

Spoiler

OoO

HOLY DAMN! What the ever living hell?! Welp... Lesson to future fathers out there. raise your kids right or one of them will murder and manipulate their siblings to gain you attention.

After reading these chapters,I can't say I don't empathize with the father. He by himself practically brought his family out of poverty,was treated badly by his own parents(due to lack of necessities) and supported his siblings until he became one of the most powerful man during that era. He was left behind by his first love and he also got his wife NTR'd by his younger brother(Tamasuke) and in turn took Tamao to be his own son. As Tamahiko said,his father is "a man that can't trust anyone" but we now see it was a result of his father being betrayed in his past.

Tamahiko is so badass, he even gave Yuzu her strenght back T_T

so sad that it's going to end ... I would have loved an entire extra volume about their happy life, kids and everything else (dead older sis too).

She dont care about fortune, as long as she obey her father she will still be rich, even then she can marry anyone rich from other big family

As woman of that era, sons will always outshine daughters, after that, oldests outrank youngests,
Do a simple math, remove them all and you'll be right at where you wanted

And all she wanted was her father to pay attention to her as much as he always does to her older siblings,

not much to be a fathercon, but not enough to be called yandere, just good ol psychotic twisted love and distorted mind way of thinking, doesnt change the fact she had tainted her hand by poisoning her siblings, might do the same to mc both, probably got something to do with the death of their own mother too

she's a good ol' psychopath ... hopefully we have her death, just sent to another family or anything that doesn't give her power. 

She's a goddamn cunt if anything.

Good on Tamahiko getting his wife back.

I don't think she'll get what she wants, though. So, jokes on her.

She wants to be the heir of her Father's fortune. I'm not sure it's right to call her yandere

She's a goddamn cunt if anything.

Good on Tamahiko getting his wife back.

Sweet. I know it'll come back around and she'll try to mess things up, but the best couple in the world is back together, they are going back home and find a house, they'll all get help from the village, he'll become something great, and the Shima family will just burn to the ground without him around. Maybe his dad will make it out and abandon his company or something.

That sister is some crazy bitch though. Run away as fast as you can from that woman Oto-san. You can still obtain that life you wanted for so long.

Seriously though, this manga is great.

I wonder, will the half-sibling Tamao will meet his real father?

His real father a lot more nicer tho.

I wish Tamahiko's little sister can set up the meeting for both of them.

She wants to be the heir of her Father's fortune. I'm not sure it's right to call her yandere

As woman of that era, sons will always outshine daughters, after that, oldests outrank youngests,
Do a simple math, remove them all and you'll be right at where you wanted

And all she wanted was her father to pay attention to her as much as he always does to her older siblings,

not much to be a fathercon, but not enough to be called yandere, just good ol psychotic twisted love and distorted mind way of thinking, doesnt change the fact she had tainted her hand by poisoning her siblings, might do the same to mc both, probably got something to do with the death of their own mother too

Wow, I just thought Tamayo was plain evil, but she's actually a yandere, small plot twist, big effect

Wow, I just thought Tamayo was plain evil, but she's actually a yandere, small plot twist, big effect

In a few short years our MC and his family will support Hitler.

I don't remember Tamahiko becoming part of imperial family or military. During military dictatorship wealthy entrepreneurs have to either donate money/convert their factories for military purposes or have their property seized by government
P.S. Poor Tamahiko and Tamako. Now we know that they were never loved not only by father but by their mother too

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics