Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 242votes)

Tensei Shitara Ken deshita

Alt Names: alt 転生したら剣でしたalt I Was a Sword When I Reincarnatedalt 전생했더니 검이었습니다alt Naging Espada Ako sa aking Pangalawang Buhayalt Sword Shishoalt Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita
Author: Tanaka Yu
Artist: Maruyama Tomowo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30 year old man is struck by a car and dies. When he next awakens he has reincarnated as a magic sentient sword in a fantasy world. He eventually encounters an enslaved catgirl named Fran, whom he helps free, and together they set off for adventure.

-----
Original webcomic: http://denshi-birz.com/tenken/
Go to Tensei Shitara Ken deshita Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita raw manga New Window YukitoOnline
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 2 Replies

279 Comments

Yeah adding game mechanics almost always is worse than just having good old magic and skills that are based on actually learning them. Though considering there is a small litrpg subgenre for books by now (which I read sometimes even if the average quality is low) there must be people who like the game mechanics part.

There is a "thing" for video game mechanics in "real worlds" going around. This is in part because of the convenience they add (who wouldn't want an item box, who wouldn't want a literal visual representation of your hard work [i.e. leveling]).
Sadly, this isn't the only reason... It's lazy, and extremely easy. If magic were a "thing" there is no bloody way that an system so convenient as "say words X get results Y." The universe isn't that friendly (and, really, doesn't give a damn). But... To explain a magical system, and a consistent one at that, which is purely "move substance in way to achieve results." That's too hard for most people when you can just jell "firebolt" and have a ball of fire appear...

This would be so much better if :

-The face on the sword didnt look so dumb

-There were no video game mechanics

The video game mechanics part is just so cringey. Literally worse than chuuni garbage. They didnt even bother to try and make it interesting, its just used as a cheap excuse for the author to resolve everything with a "[X HAS GROWN STRONGER]" or "[X HAS USED Y]" message box instead of drawing it.

Yeah adding game mechanics almost always is worse than just having good old magic and skills that are based on actually learning them. Though considering there is a small litrpg subgenre for books by now (which I read sometimes even if the average quality is low) there must be people who like the game mechanics part.

The video game mechanics part is just so cringey. Literally worse than chuuni garbage. They didnt even bother to try and make it interesting, its just used as a cheap excuse for the author to resolve everything with a "[X HAS GROWN STRONGER]" or "[X HAS USED Y]" message box instead of drawing it.

welp....
Somehow, I got interested in this one pretty much that I started following the novel version...
First time to really follow a web or light novel...

Somehow, I like this pretty much.. ERM., neat!!

Bloody kitty, running kitty, clawing kitty~  snuggly ball of death~

Ahh i remember that children song~

Wow,I only thought of that Chet's Speech in From Dusk Till Dawn...,...(I know.I know)

now i wanna see some crossover chapter with orcbolg

Feels like a homage to Berserk with the 100 men fight.

Catgirl a cute but can we talk about how Dadsword is best sword

Goblin Slayer ahegao

Goblin Slayer Ahegao best Ahegao

If only Fran had met the dude from Monster...he'd be fucking dead!

Do you mean Re:Monster? Her meeting Johan Liebert would be interesting, though King Rape Goblin deserves it just as much.

MidoriKitzune
Oct 09 2017 08:45 PM

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr ♫♪

Bloody kitty, running kitty, clawing kitty~  snuggly ball of death~

Ahh i remember that children song~

You know what time it is.

Spoiler

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr ♫♪

Me likey this series so far. Fran is such a cutie.

"snipped due to size"

That Picture is magnificent :D

If it's like the latest raws, then I guess they were released at different dates. The latest chapter 11 is divided into 2 parts as well, and I remember reading the 1st part, while 2nd part wasn't released yet.

Chapter 3 was split in half too. Guess they do it on occasion when the chapter length gets a bit long? I'm happy either way because the more content, the better.

I love this manga . thanks for uploads and keep them coming :D

Orcbolg would be proud with that mountain of goblin corpses

And we would avoided another generic isekai.

8oVCWWs.jpg

Awesome last panel. Now she just need to sit on the top of that "hill" eating her sandwich and thinking about some good motivation for finishing the "boring" quest

Lol why it looked like the chapter ended halfway through but then kept going? No complaint from me tho.

If it's like the latest raws, then I guess they were released at different dates. The latest chapter 11 is divided into 2 parts as well, and I remember reading the 1st part, while 2nd part wasn't released yet.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics