Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 70votes)

Q.E.D. - Shoumei Shuuryou

Alt Names: alt ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαιalt 神通小侦探alt hóper édei deîxaialt Q.E.D.alt Q.E.D. - Final Proofalt Q.E.D. 証明終了alt QED - Shoumeishuuryoualt Quod Erat Demonstrandum - Demikian telah dibuktikanalt Quod Erat Demonstrandum - Shomei Shuryoalt Thám Tử Tomaalt The very thing that was required to be shown
Author: Katou Motohiro
Artist: Katou Motohiro
Genres: Adventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Touma Sou graduated from MIT, but he comes back to Japan because he wants to know how it feels to be a high school student. On the other hand, Mizuhara Kana is a strong girl who loves sports. Together, they are partners in solving cases that happen around them.

Recipient of 2009 Kodansha Manga Award for Shōnen Category.

Related:

> C.M.B. - Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokuroku
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/cmb-shinra-hakubutsukan-no-jiken-mokuroku-r1226 )
Go to Q.E.D. - Shoumei Shuuryou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

141 Comments

There is. Between live TV and radio, there is around a 7 second difference, with TV being slower. While I'm not entirely sure why this is, my guess is that because radio only broadcasts audio while TV broadcasts both audio and visuals, TV takes longer to process and distribute. 

Souma's explanation is partially correct, but it doesn't tell the full story. As Souma said, TV stations send their signal to satellites in space, which then rebroadcast the signal to the station on the ground. Based on the distance that the signal has to travel, this can add a latency of less than one second to the transmission.

However, the overall number of stages and the medium through which radio signals go to be transmitted to you incurs less overall latency than that of TV signals. The radio transmission goes from the stadium to the radio station through the open air, then from the station to you, again through the open air, with basically no additional processing in between. When the TV signal reaches the station, it must first be processed by the station to add the match statistics, banners, etc., then be converted to a signal that can be interpreted by your cable box, then be sent to you over fiber optic and coaxial cables, which have a slower propagation speed for the signal than does open air. When it arrives at your house, the TV signal must then be processed again before being displayed on your TV. The difference in medium also explains why satellite TV might be a little less delayed than cable TV. Internet live streams would have even more of a delay because they have to be converted to a different digital format, packetized, and sent over a much longer Internet route to reach your computer.

Both radio and TV signals are likely also intentionally delayed by a few seconds to allow the station to add censors.

Also, to clarify, the transmission of audio vs. audio + video has little to do with it. There are two different factors at play here -- bandwidth and latency. Latency is the amount of time it takes the signal to reach its destination, and bandwidth is how fast the data can be sent. TV stations have high bandwidth satellite links to ensure that their transmissions reach in as close to real-time as possible, so there is no increase in delay because of the higher volume of traffic.

Question to anyone who understands how waves work: is there really such a noticeable delay between radio and tv? Or there was one before (like, years ago) but new technological developments have somehow mitigated that? Explanation very welcome :)

There's all kinds of things that can cause the TV to be delayed. For example, if you have one TV with a Tivo (or likely any DVR) and one without, try changing them both to the same channel and turn up the volume so you can hear both. You'll get the same dissonance they were describing in that chapter just by adding that one device into the equation.
Those last 2 panels on chapter 26 made the whole chapter for me.
So, FYI, this chapter originally came out in 2002. I think the point was that the satellite TV has to go through an extra step compared to radio, so that's part of the reason for a delay.

There is. Between live TV and radio, there is around a 7 second difference, with TV being slower. While I'm not entirely sure why this is, my guess is that because radio only broadcasts audio while TV broadcasts both audio and visuals, TV takes longer to process and distribute. 

Even for live streaming on internet there's differences.

I've had one person in the same house showing a few seconds difference before.

Question to anyone who understands how waves work: is there really such a noticeable delay between radio and tv? Or there was one before (like, years ago) but new technological developments have somehow mitigated that? Explanation very welcome :)

I can say that even with new technologies the principals described are the same. I frequently listen to a baseball game on the radio in the kitchen while my family is watching the game in the next room. I'm constantly noticing the delay between the two. Sometimes if there's an interesting play I can even make it into the room in time to catch the televised footage of it.

What's more, you should probably take into consideration when exactly this particular chapter was published. Q.E.D's been around since 1997, so without knowing the exact year this chapter was from, whose to say that new technologies like a switch to digital broadcasts would even apply?

Sorry I can't provide any technical explanations, just speaking of my own experience. 

Gotta give props to the culprit though, he probably needed some crazy amount of calculation to pull that one off, not to mention taking risk that someone could have been in the hall and messed everything up.

Never mess with his girl.

you do nothing to Kana

When Touma is around

Well, no one responded when I posted it on the blog, but I'd like a QC for the next chapter (26). Email me at [email protected] if you can read through the chapter and look for mistakes.

Do my eyes decieve me... Is that... No, it can't be... A NEW CHAPTER!

YES, YES IT IS!

Someone bring me the person who did this, that person deserves a beer... Or any beverage on my tab, really!

YAY NEW CHAPTER <3<3<3<3

The latest chapter is weird to read. I'm so used artist errors in manga these days that I ignored the hints. (And yes, the artist did make errors. Note the structural pillars between each scene.)

i feel like i missed something between 19 and 20 like it ends with him getting all dark and then the next chapter starts all sunshine and roses

That did not even feel like a hundred pages!

before see your comment, i don't realize i read almost 100 page

That did not even feel like a hundred pages!

the wait was worth it... <3

yay an ew chapter. and   of about 100 pages at that.

KarchAmadeo
Jun 29 2014 03:17 AM

Romance - Tagged.  There you have it. 

Why does this not have a romance tag? It's subtle, but it's there.

annie is still hot as hell.

NEW CHAPTER \o/

does the the car being not equipt with a seatbelt exempt you from seatbelt law?

Apparently, in Massachusetts (possibly in other states as well), if the car is made before July 1, 1966 without a seatbelt, you are exempt. 

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section13A in part b.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics