Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 193votes)

Black Torch

Alt Names: alt ブラックトーチalt 黑炬Black Torchalt Kara Meşale
Author: Takaki Tsuyoshi
Artist: Takaki Tsuyoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As a descendant of shinobi, Jirou Azuma has been learning ninja techniques his entire life. But in addition to that, he also has the ability to talk to animals. One day when he rescues a strange black cat named Ragou, he learns that the world is filled with spirits called mononoke that can take the form of both people and animals. However, their meeting is cut short when they are attacked by a hostile mononoke who is after Ragou's power.
Go to Black Torch Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Just Some Thoughts New Window Voxus
  • 0 Replies

168 Comments

I still like this.

Spoiler

Indeed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

86bb66cb4f524bef1f7bc1e45733cfe7.jpg

And to make matters worse, Glasses got a brother that killed members of his clan and Glasses's father as well.  Glasses's brother also told Glasses to become stronger in order to kill him.  Basically the same origin as a certain ninja and his clan.  Can't be more generic than that.  What is next, Glasses got a rival/teammate that have a demon beast inside of him?  Oh wait....

If the MC gets rubber powers and a pirate crew, we'll have a trifecta!

The first chapter and the premise of a guy who can talk to animals was a lot more interesting than the generic Bleach rip off. Shitty Glasses is so painfully cliche.

And to make matters worse, Glasses got a brother that killed members of his clan and Glasses's father as well.  Glasses's brother also told Glasses to become stronger in order to kill him.  Basically the same origin as a certain ninja and his clan.  Can't be more generic than that.  What is next, Glasses got a rival/teammate that have a demon beast inside of him?  Oh wait....

Quick, shove all your backstory in! We don't have time, do it now!

Spoiler

Indeed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MC looks similar to the guy from Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism

or air gear

or to aru majutsu no index

or nisekoi

or bleach. just color the mc's hair black and you get new character, then name him shiba kaien and voila, new character. 

In this kind of job i doubt that reconnaissance work go hand-in-hand with the term easy work, they fight monster for christ sake, but sincerelly this opinion of mine isnt something that surfaced because of this manga, its something that has been growing on me for some time, anyways thanks for giving your opinion.

There's a good reason why Recon is considered an elite group in the US Army and its not because its "easy work."

The first chapter and the premise of a guy who can talk to animals was a lot more interesting than the generic Bleach rip off. Shitty Glasses is so painfully cliche.

Or if it does, the first few arcs.

Yeah they were good, even to the point where Ichigo lost his powers the story was still ok, but after that it got... which reminds me... i still havent finished Bleach... and I dont feel like i would soon xD

In this kind of job i doubt that reconnaissance work go hand-in-hand with the term easy work, they fight monster for christ sake, but sincerelly this opinion of mine isnt something that surfaced because of this manga, its something that has been growing on me for some time, anyways thanks for giving your opinion.

I know, but they have those special suits (I talked about inside the spoiler bracket), that's the form of the author to use those type of clothes afterall xD, but yeah it just further show how true it is what you say and why is understandable.

MC looks similar to the guy from Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism

Reconnaissance work

hope the author make the girl do some good work soon, cause she's boring af, glasses guy is okay (who doesn't like a good swordman)

This here is just a little rant, so if you dont want to lose time dont read.

Spoiler

totally understand, and I'm with you in those points ...

but

Spoiler

This manga is OK, but somehow it feels like everyone is giving everyone the attitude. You know, that shut-up-I'm-too-cool-to-listen-to-you attitude. It's not cool if everybody's doing it, you know?

Haha yeah thats why it felt so familliar, happened alot in bleach and to some extent air gear. The kicker is that all 3 of those mangas have stylized or "cool" art.

This here is just a little rant, so if you dont want to lose time dont read.

Spoiler

let's pray so it won't become Bleach

Or if it does, the first few arcs.

What is the point of artificial muscle fiber if you aren't going to cover the entire body with it?

Because magic energy /s.

On a more practical note, there are definitely places where muscle is used far more in fighting than others. I doubt having reinforced pecs would make as much of a difference as compared to thighs and arms. They said it before, money was in fact an object of consideration.

This manga is OK, but somehow it feels like everyone is giving everyone the attitude. You know, that shut-up-I'm-too-cool-to-listen-to-you attitude. It's not cool if everybody's doing it, you know?

Hi There Getsuga Tensho ~

Reminds me a lot of Bleach artistically

let's pray so it won't become Bleach

What is the point of artificial muscle fiber if you aren't going to cover the entire body with it?

Reminds me a lot of Bleach artistically

I really like the art style, and I typically enjoy anything that involves the supernatural and the fight against them and all that entails. So this is really right up my alley XD

I only wish the thing with him talking to animals was more relevant. It feels like that whole part of his character has been dropped entirely, and I really liked that aspect.

Oh well.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics