Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 228votes)

Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru!

Alt Names: alt จอมเวทยุคใหม่ กับ ศาสตร์เวทที่ล้าหลัง!alt 異世界魔法は遅れてる!alt The Different World Magic Is Too Behind!
Author: Hitsuji Gamei
Artist: Comta
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Felmenia Stingray was a genius magician. She quickly became the most distinguished magician of the Astel Kingdom after her discovery of white fire magic, which had the power to burn anything.

However, the world is in peril due to the Demon King. The kingdom's court magicians perform a summoning ritual for heroes and bring forth a hero and two youths, a boy and a girl. Unlike the girl, the young man refused to fight the Demon King alongside the Hero and demanded to be sent back to his world. The kingdom, angry with his behavior, lock him away.

Now Felmenia stands before the young man with her strongest magic, the white flame, being completely useless and asks who he is. It was already obvious to her that this man was far stronger than she was. To this he simply responds.

"Yakagi Suimei, a magician."
Go to Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN/WN? New Window xts
  • 6 Replies

322 Comments

Or when they are constantly shit on. Middle-ground is nice.

I quite agree.

Personally I find this one to be acceptable.

Spoiler

questions about last chapter

Spoiler

actually with out spoiling anything he is not really op he is really strong just the things he can do is different then was is stander magic in that world so most of the battle and fights he had won is because they don't know what he is doing and a few other plot points too make it to where it is not that op 

Spoiler

Well he actually is op just not god-like op. He calls himself average in his world but at the same time tries to lay low in this new one. He is more of an schemer than anything in the beginning. Can you really belief in what he says?

Spoiler for up to LN Volume 5

Spoiler

Basically any xianxia story is all op MCs fighting for superiority, they all have unique powers, they all train in some obscure way that will lead to godhood, and only difference between them and the MC is that the author doesn't feel like continuing their stories.

His magic is more efficient, so he can pull off more diverse effects, but at the point you are referring to, he didn't know how to break through the protective magic of demons, he had to brute force.
Efficiency doesn't equal to power. Fireworks are more ordered and efficient than actual explosives, but try going into combat (or crime) with a bag full of TNT brand fireworks and see where it gets you. Just to make it more interesting, and plot relevant, make sure you get fireworks from one of the really strict "safe" firework areas.

Wasn't there a story in 2013 where a guy sat next to a box full of live fireworks and got his entire leg blown off?

Someone should make an isekai that sets these OP MC's against one another...

Basically any xianxia story is all op MCs fighting for superiority, they all have unique powers, they all train in some obscure way that will lead to godhood, and only difference between them and the MC is that the author doesn't feel like continuing their stories.

Read ahead in the LN... no, he wouldn't. He pretty much is your standard OP god-like protagonist. He pretty much does exactly what you say and barely breaks a sweat.

His magic is more efficient, so he can pull off more diverse effects, but at the point you are referring to, he didn't know how to break through the protective magic of demons, he had to brute force.
Efficiency doesn't equal to power. Fireworks are more ordered and efficient than actual explosives, but try going into combat (or crime) with a bag full of TNT brand fireworks and see where it gets you. Just to make it more interesting, and plot relevant, make sure you get fireworks from one of the really strict "safe" firework areas.

it gonna be All others>Mob no power>Nullification power(Normalisation or "Equaliser")>Copy+1>One punch man > All others "lower plane power"(hard counter listing)

And some power can beat multiple of others like Copy+1 can beat all below(except plot armor) and OPM(parody of OP MC) can wipe everything except small insect (mosquito) and himself + some buff. Just don't add omniscient power or universe law based skill and it will be well.

Read ahead in the LN... no, he wouldn't. He pretty much is your standard OP god-like protagonist. He pretty much does exactly what you say and barely breaks a sweat.

well he did say it break it's health and cause world damage if he do extensive damage (analogy :like earth warming) cannot be reversed. And he cannot spam large scale magic at the same place due to the world magic physics.

MC looks like the Persona 3 MC, except that he wears flashier clothes

actually with out spoiling anything he is not really op he is really strong just the things he can do is different then was is stander magic in that world so most of the battle and fights he had won is because they don't know what he is doing and a few other plot points too make it to where it is not that op 

Spoiler

Man, it's been awhile since I've seen an isekai with modern magic summoned into a world of old magic.

u go mc (bc same)

This is hands down my favorite LN, the only thing that could make me love it more is if there were no Lolis mucking it up. 

"Did I go overboard?" ...YES JACKASS YOU WENT OVERBOARD. Stop bullying a young girl.. WTH you're never gonna get laid by her if you keep treating her roughly like that. Seriously... idiot MC she was already terrified and then you go completely over the top on her? -facepalm- I like ya I really do but for the love of GOD learn some restraint!

The guy literally just said he'd lose in a war of attrition, 1 v 1 sure he'll come out on top but against an entire army by himself or just a few elites? He'd lose

man, this is soooo boring. They should seriously stop trying to make everyone OP in every single damn manga/WN/LN that has magic in it...

The guy literally just said he'd lose in a war of attrition, 1 v 1 sure he'll come out on top but against an entire army by himself or just a few elites? He'd lose

man, this is soooo boring. They should seriously stop trying to make everyone OP in every single damn manga/WN/LN that has magic in it...

So long as the manga follows the webnovel the plane of power balances out a bit later.

I don't like it when MCs are getting too cocky

Or when they are constantly shit on. Middle-ground is nice.

Most people who didn't read the original material is going to judge the story is bad. But, no. That's not the truth. The manga just doesn't convey the real story that good.

Now it's become really clear in Ch 05 ...

Spoiler
I don't like it when MCs are getting too cocky

Most people who didn't read the original material is going to judge the story is bad. But, no. That's not the truth. The manga just doesn't convey the real story that good.

The manga just sucks if it can't deliver a story well, I guess.

However, I will take your word for it if you say that the original material is good.

Actually - don't know if original story cleared it out properly, but in manga and anime - he had insane specs from the beginning, superior techniques and generic trump-card-cheat-like skill. It's just the world is kinda broken and don't recognise it for some reason. It's like sharpshooter with eyesight 40/40 with 99.99% bullseye, but considered trash soldier because he lacks endurance.

While Isekai Mahou has proper mage with education background letting him be superior in rural ambience.

In Akashic Records the MC isn't recognised because his self researched magic is considered essentially heretical.  Its like scientist today going to the Paris Climate conference and declaring that climate change is caused by penguins in Antarctica.  Or going to a nationally broadcast World Series Baseball game and declaring to the crowd that its less exciting than cricket ...  Even if they had proof to back it up, they going to have trash thrown at them :)

We really have no idea what the power levels are between our MC and the rest of the mages.  Like you put it, I feel we could be getting the "Modern Technology" versus "Primitive Knowledge" vibe - except with Magic.

Time for some magical housecleaning, Sorcerer's Apprentice style.

And you should never trust someone with a mustache that can be twirled.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics