Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 71votes)

Ghost Writer

Alt Names: alt ゴーストライター
Author: Tsubaki Kawori
Artist: Tsubaki Kawori
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mikage Tarou is a poor 25-year-old writer with a secret: He’s the ghost writer behind an author that has recently become wildly popular, Nagareboshi Ryuusei. Since Tarou’s ghost writing is strictly confidential, everyone he knows believes that he’s something of a failure. His personal life doesn’t make him look very successful either, as he didn’t acquire a very prestigious education and he’s never slept with a woman. His publishing company doesn’t treat him with much respect, and he’s always behind on his apartment rent. His personal life is looking more interesting lately, though. He has a thing for his landlord, an innocent and pretty young woman named Mabayu, and his sexy, uninhibited neighbor Hikaru keeps causing all sorts of awkward situations. Will Mikage ever be able to attain any kind of public success, and will he ever end up with Mabayu?
Go to Ghost Writer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

138 Comments

Was there a chapter in between that we missed?
i skipped the first and second chapter but my first impression of the neighbor is, she damn slut, like for real. there is a high chance you might catch something from her. good thing he turned her down.
Zzz i didnt get a single thing that was going on
Wow it's not ecchi anymore... moving towards H category... Wonder if it will have sex?
@Zac2uzumaki

WTF man. Don't spoil it for us.
You people aren't gonna start another shitty NTR polemic here, are you ?
If you want to read and speak about NTR, please go to some hentaï site... You'll find everything you need to be happy.
Tell me more about the "ntr" incident in a spoiler.
Why was I not following this!? Goddammit
this manga gets pretty explicit and borderline H in future chapters...
Pax Empyrean

Maybe shes like sandra bullock in "The Proposal" and that makes the ghost writer Ryan Renalds? Oh well (coincidentally both stories are about the book industry)
he really is pathetic but the best kind of pathetic!
Ah, the venerable ghost writer, making idiot politicians and movie stars look like accomplished authors ever since forever.
finally been waiting for this im liking it so far
Story is interesting.. Still not enough to figure out whether to follow.
I removed the harem tag. We can put it back when there's at least two women who show any sort of romantic interest in him. Hell, from what I've seen so far there's just the one woman he likes, and another woman who ranks somewhere between Darth Vader and Voldemort on the Crappy Boss Scale.
Come on...Childhood friend/ Sister/ Promise Love /Ex / Cousin !!!
Posted Image
Now the question is... who is the "public" face of Ryuusei... a popular author can only go so long before someone starts questioning his appearance.

Think that girl who showed up is "Ryuusei"?
This is somehow incredibly sad. Not getting any credit whatsoever for your work is just painful, and being prohibited by contract from even claiming any credit is just....aauuuw.
If he's ghost writing such a popular series, he would realistically have more bargaining power than this. He barely manages to mumble an objection before he gets shut down with a glare. If it were that easy to replace him, there'd be a lot more hit series out there. He's a major cash cow for the publishing house, but he gets treated like garbage. That really just doesn't jive.
Reminds me a bit of Bungaku Shoujo.
Hopefully he will develop a backbone. Thank you for uploads!
The first chapter showed some promise, since it looked like he was one of those guys who may seem pathetic at first but is actually really successful and have their own reasons for not being in the spotlight but then in the second chapter he just seems really pathetic...

I really hope he'll develop into a stronger character since this manga has both the romance and seinen tag.
@Sarapico: Ahhh exploitation at its best.
He's really pathetic..
somebody just punch that boss woman already =__=

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics