Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 123votes)

Otonari Complex

Alt Names: alt おとなりコンプレックスalt 伪郎隔壁是伪娘alt Childhood friend Complexalt 이웃 컴플렉스alt Komşu Kompleksalt Kompleks sąsiada
Author: Nonomura Saku
Artist: Nonomura Saku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kuji Akira and Ninomiya Makoto have been neighbours and friends from childhood. Akira is handsome and Makoto is pretty but Akira's a girl and Makoto's a boy... Their feelings for each other are growing more complex just as they are finding themselves the focus of romantic interest of their friends and acquaintances.
Go to Otonari Complex Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Otonari Complex released chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

163 Comments

Chapter 23 just ended me. I'm dead forever.

This reminds me of how I wish that I could look nicer for my friends when we're going out together so that it doesn't look like they're dragging a hobo around, but the hair iron is too hot, my normal clothes are too comfortable, and I neither have nor want makeup because it seems gross to put chemicals on my face. Akira's lucky to have dem peeps help out, though it'd be better if she had an image she could work toward that is more like what she wants to look like when dressed up instead of what someone else wants her to look like. Wow, that sentence structure was very Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like.

now time to play waiting game

*sniff* Is that the smell of progress?!

Also how can Makoto's mom and sister not know he likes her!?

This has been quite the amazing run of chapter releases.  Thanks much, amplified!

*Includes me talking about chapter 23 spoilers*
Spoiler

Hum, yeah, after reading ch23, i'm not really sure about that

Yeah, now that Fumi is out of the running, it's going to be a new love triangle between Makoto, Akira, and glasses guy I just know it.

Glasses dude being the villain to be the bro.

Hum, yeah, after reading ch23, i'm not really sure about that

For those of you who can't wait, you can visit Amplified's Tumblr to see the next chapters, since they have a delay policy.

Thanks Amplified!!!

I can't wait to see Akira dressed up. Tomboys are always super cute when they become feminine.

So Fumi is basically the readers. So many romance manga have comments sections full of people saying stuff like "omg why are they so dense? How do they not notice? Someone just slap these bitches and tell them already". Well, Fumi just came along and did exactly that in universe. 

She is the anti stupid.

Fumi is the best girl we deserve but not the best girl we need right now.

You can always pretend you didn't hear anything. It always works for Kodaka

Eh?

Nandette?

So Fumi is basically the readers. So many romance manga have comments sections full of people saying stuff like "omg why are they so dense? How do they not notice? Someone just slap these bitches and tell them already". Well, Fumi just came along and did exactly that in universe. 

She is the anti stupid. 

What is this? A side character having more character growth in like 5 chapters with only 5 pages of screen time each chapter than one of the main characters showing up in every panel? How??? What was happening behind the scenes for this side character? And how can the main character get in on that character growth?

Don't be angry at the only character that tries to move the plot

and let's say "thank you" again to her...

Glasses dude being the villain to be the bro.

thank god

I am starting to find the comments rather annoying, to be honest.  Whine, whine, grumble, bitch, complain.  Y'all got a perfect right to critique, but damn, seems like you'd all be much happier reading something else. 

I'm not sure if this is more painful to read than it is entertaining.

Spoiler

I think that Makoto is relly doing his best and

Spoiler

I agree with you on this point, this is really painful to read. I hope we will have some changes soon.. and not some more drama.

I'm not sure if this is more painful to read than it is entertaining.

Spoiler

Finally he's made this move

Sink or swim time now, mangaka. You gonna handle this with class, or are you gonna annoy me for the next dozen chapters?

Come on now, you know the answer to this question.

Sink or swim time now, mangaka. You gonna handle this with class, or are you gonna annoy me for the next dozen chapters?

You can always pretend you didn't hear anything. It always works for Kodaka

IT'S GO TIME BOYS

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics