Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 242votes)

Tensei Shitara Ken deshita

Alt Names: alt 転生したら剣でしたalt I Was a Sword When I Reincarnatedalt 전생했더니 검이었습니다alt Naging Espada Ako sa aking Pangalawang Buhayalt Sword Shishoalt Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita
Author: Tanaka Yu
Artist: Maruyama Tomowo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30 year old man is struck by a car and dies. When he next awakens he has reincarnated as a magic sentient sword in a fantasy world. He eventually encounters an enslaved catgirl named Fran, whom he helps free, and together they set off for adventure.

-----
Original webcomic: http://denshi-birz.com/tenken/
Go to Tensei Shitara Ken deshita Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita raw manga New Window YukitoOnline
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 2 Replies

279 Comments

another dio wannabe 

win_shadow.gif

Who the hell is that on the last page...? Goblin Rou?

Lol!

I wish, seeing him cut to ribbons then burnt to dust by our MC pair would lighten my day.

That demon-looking monster looks like some chu2 narcissist...

Huh, Manga raws are quite ahead for this one. It's already in chapter 14. 

Spoiler

Have a beautiful Fran from chapter 14.1.

Holy fuck. Dead mom was a milf.

dead.

Who the hell is that on the last page...? Goblin Rou?

Lol!

Fran (and the pervy sword) has a bright future ahead of them. I can already see the telekinetic grope hands.

So, this is last chapter from Wakga, and LHtranslation taken this until latest update.

Mmmm, the only one I've found that actually bothers to explain why the game mechanics exist is "Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?" Although the manga hasn't reached the point in the story where that happens.

I don't remember how it was handled in the manga but I was very happy with how Mushoku Tensei explained its magic system.

This would be so much better if :

-The face on the sword didnt look so dumb

I think you need to consider the hints given for where the sword came from. I think the sword's face is totally appropriate.

Where is orcbolg when you need him...

Whats wrong with using a game based magic system?  You do realise we have ZERO basis on how magic is supposed to work right?  This is like argueing over how fast the NCC1701 Enterprise is meant to go.  Do you know how hard it is to just "make" a consistent and balanced magical system?  You could spend years of your life doing it, and then have a bunch of keyboard critics just crap all over your work.  It can get pretty frustrating.  And certainly feel thankless. 

I imagine it would be like a mangaka writing and drawing a cool story and then have all sorts of critics come out of the woodwork complaining about "a sword should be shorter/longer/thinner" or "the buildings are all from medieval europe" or "the magic system is too game like".....

You know it's very sore excuse, "Don't listen to haters" (that's what you basically speaking about).

The problem lies in 1) Lack of subtlety 2) Breaking the immersion 3) Lazy approach to worldbuilding. Wich is not parts of "cool story". In the first place, games themselves use this mechanics to emulate and simplify things you can't code or will take too much time doing so and won't benefit for player in the long run anyway.

Speaking of wich, Goblin slayer also uses game mechanics, but doing it subtle and never focusing on it, making actual "cool story" instead.

What about the God of Breasts?

More than half of the population of the entire world worships him unconsciously.

That last page is me whenever I yolo single summon in a gacha game and get an SSR

I know the feeling, don't blame him

There is a "thing" for video game mechanics in "real worlds" going around. This is in part because of the convenience they add (who wouldn't want an item box, who wouldn't want a literal visual representation of your hard work [i.e. leveling]). Sadly, this isn't the only reason... It's lazy, and extremely easy. If magic were a "thing" there is no bloody way that an system so convenient as "say words X get results Y." The universe isn't that friendly (and, really, doesn't give a damn). But... To explain a magical system, and a consistent one at that, which is purely "move substance in way to achieve results." That's too hard for most people when you can just jell "firebolt" and have a ball of fire appear...

Mmmm, the only one I've found that actually bothers to explain why the game mechanics exist is "Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?" Although the manga hasn't reached the point in the story where that happens.

There is a "thing" for video game mechanics in "real worlds" going around. This is in part because of the convenience they add (who wouldn't want an item box, who wouldn't want a literal visual representation of your hard work [i.e. leveling]). Sadly, this isn't the only reason... It's lazy, and extremely easy. If magic were a "thing" there is no bloody way that an system so convenient as "say words X get results Y." The universe isn't that friendly (and, really, doesn't give a damn). But... To explain a magical system, and a consistent one at that, which is purely "move substance in way to achieve results." That's too hard for most people when you can just jell "firebolt" and have a ball of fire appear...

Whats wrong with using a game based magic system?  You do realise we have ZERO basis on how magic is supposed to work right?  This is like argueing over how fast the NCC1701 Enterprise is meant to go.  Do you know how hard it is to just "make" a consistent and balanced magical system?  You could spend years of your life doing it, and then have a bunch of keyboard critics just crap all over your work.  It can get pretty frustrating.  And certainly feel thankless. 

I imagine it would be like a mangaka writing and drawing a cool story and then have all sorts of critics come out of the woodwork complaining about "a sword should be shorter/longer/thinner" or "the buildings are all from medieval europe" or "the magic system is too game like".....

What about the God of Breasts?
MidoriKitzune
Dec 26 2017 02:18 AM

Seems like they forgot to censor this chapter? Kind of unusual when they were doing it earlier chapters.

Shhh ...

no lolis where harmed.

So it's fine.

Only the good bussty ones got exposed.

Skill unlock: sword nosebleed.

Even the damn goblin wins in gacha. I am salty.

Also good lore chapter, love the 88 gods part and chaos goddess role.

If only Fran had met the dude from Monster...he'd be fucking dead!

oh!!! don't worry!!! we have a new collab event with re:monster and now goblin rou is making his appearance in this manga as a villain... so people, who do you think will win? the nearly invincible goblin rou or our jack of all trade 'Master'??

I think Batoto is starting to allow hentai. Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to see more hentai/chapters with nudity compared to before.

About time. We're not a bunch of 12 year olds.

I'm talking about the artist/editors, not the website.

Seems like they forgot to censor this chapter? Kind of unusual when they were doing it earlier chapters.

I think Batoto is starting to allow hentai. Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to see more hentai/chapters with nudity compared to before.

About time. We're not a bunch of 12 year olds.

There is a common name for this: Show,_don't_tell. And yes, video game mechanics are one of the laziest ways to violate this concept.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics