Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 156votes)

Chikyuu no Houkago

Alt Names: alt Afterschool Time of the Earthalt 地球の放課後
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Most of humanity has been wiped out by mysterious dark monsters known only as "Phantoms." Four survivors, who may well be the last of the human race, have found one another and are sharing a quiet, peaceful existence. These survivors are a kind, dependable teenage boy called Masashi, two teenage girls, shyer Sanae and bolder Yaeko, and a little girl called Anna. They feel as though they're just living in a perpetual "after school" state, waiting for the rest of the human race to come home.
Go to Chikyuu no Houkago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Will this live up to its promise? New Window wigjump
  • 2 Replies

259 Comments

they have radio now to communicate,,thats a big good improvement. but the funny thing, in page 15 and page 16,,it clearly show there are multiple phantoms in sight, even they also encounter new type of phantom that can fly fast and explode erasing anything in its blast radius yet in the end,all of them laughing together in the top of roof.

i mean, how can they laugh and forgot,their life nearly gone like 10 seconds ago while there are serious threat like multiple phantom and a fly phantom ?? they assume that new type only one ? because of a fly phantom,they should run away from that spot quickly,even masashi riding on jet ski couldnt catch up with that new type.

Our protagonist is just awesome. I swear, if he doesn't get pussy by the end of this I'll riot. He deserves this. LOL!

as usual,, same with previous chapter, still relax in the outside door without set up some guard system,even though they have confirmed that the phantom still alive and hunting them. their fun is number one priority above their own safety,LOL. i agree this manga is unique,and i like it,,but imo,probably this manga lack of mysteries or maybe lack of response from the char.

if they are outside it is easier to run and see the phantoms coming, though I think they started out indoors and cautious. Hope they show a flashback arc where they first met each other.

as usual,, same with previous chapter, still relax in the outside door without set up some guard system,even though they have confirmed that the phantom still alive and hunting them. their fun is number one priority above their own safety,LOL. i agree this manga is unique,and i like it,,but imo,probably this manga lack of mysteries or maybe lack of response from the char.

Yes it's definitively not what i was hoping to read after the initial pitch, fortunately there are other stories that are more to my taste.

While the base setup of the story is interesting, i find the characters too relaxed to be believable and that is impacting negatively on my enjoyment of the story.

A few chapters ago they were shown that there's no safe location, that the unknown things/devices can appear at any time and anywhere and running away can be the only way to escape capture.

... and since that event none of them is on their guard, they all frolic near mindlessly around as if there was no threat and what happened a few chapter ago never occured.

I think the story would gain in interest with more believable reactions to the threatening situation they are supposed to be into, characters more tense, being on their guards etc... would do wonders.

I disagree, If you notice the title of this manga is called "After School on Earth". As if to make the situation more comfortable and melancholy than the usual apocalypse. And that is the main point of the series.

The series isn't really about survival from the apocalypse and monster invasion (Otherwise we would have seen the character make a bigger fuss about food and weapon) but about the melancholic atmosphere that the children live by in the situation where no one else exist while also slowly advanced its sci-fi plot. Having the character becomes more tense would just kill the mood imo.

There are plenty survival/apocalypse manga out there. But the playful and melancholic atmosphere that this series have is what makes its unique.

My favorite animals are wolves.

Glad to see it showed up in this manga

While the base setup of the story is interesting, i find the characters too relaxed to be believable and that is impacting negatively on my enjoyment of the story.

A few chapters ago they were shown that there's no safe location, that the unknown things/devices can appear at any time and anywhere and running away can be the only way to escape capture.

... and since that event none of them is on their guard, they all frolic near mindlessly around as if there was no threat and what happened a few chapter ago never occured.

I think the story would gain in interest with more believable reactions to the threatening situation they are supposed to be into, characters more tense, being on their guards etc... would do wonders.

Fuck it, I'm going to say it.

They should have eaten the dogs. LMAO!

Oh, it only happens to newby translators. The same things that happen to new teacher, new parrents, and new anything that involves transmission of knowledge. New translators have this ideal of delivering all meaning to the target language. Sometimes their skill isn't really quite there yet so they explain in breadth and width to compensate.

Experienced translator, being used to certain expression, have either found highly accurate translations along their way or settle with sufficiently accurate translation. With experience, artisans (anyone who continuously sharpen their skills to do their job, translator included) adopt less is more paradigm. That is why mastercraftsmen, great teachers, or anyone of their caliber, rarely explain things but just do minimal amount of work to deliver the greatest amount of impact.

Of course there also people who don't have this ideal. They do haphazard work and rarely improve, which thankfully, the person behind i7 Scans is not one of.

Lots of old groups like manga screeners, konotoha and Gantz waiting room used to have an abundance of translator notes, on highly prolific manga classics done by experienced translators, so no I don't agree with you, even though you got a point.

Imagine if he goes ahead with that plan, but then suddenly all of humanity returns, and he has to explain to everyone (including their parents) why he got 3 underage girls pregnant.

"But... it was to save humanity!"

"Oh, sure, that's why every guy says."

well he can wait for another 2 or 3 years....

I'm really digging the translation notes at the end. I wish more scanlator groups would do this type of thing.

Oh, it only happens to newby translators. The same things that happen to new teacher, new parrents, and new anything that involves transmission of knowledge. New translators have this ideal of delivering all meaning to the target language. Sometimes their skill isn't really quite there yet so they explain in breadth and width to compensate.

Experienced translator, being used to certain expression, have either found highly accurate translations along their way or settle with sufficiently accurate translation. With experience, artisans (anyone who continuously sharpen their skills to do their job, translator included) adopt less is more paradigm. That is why mastercraftsmen, great teachers, or anyone of their caliber, rarely explain things but just do minimal amount of work to deliver the greatest amount of impact.

Of course there also people who don't have this ideal. They do haphazard work and rarely improve, which thankfully, the person behind i7 Scans is not one of.

I'm really digging the translation notes at the end. I wish more scanlator groups would do this type of thing.

They don't have to be rivals. They can all share him equally. LMAO! They need to make babies. They need to grind for babies. XD

okay 1 man 3 girl......

each of them must had minimal 4 child girl and boy......

how much time that they need to repopulate earth?

Imagine if he goes ahead with that plan, but then suddenly all of humanity returns, and he has to explain to everyone (including their parents) why he got 3 underage girls pregnant.

"But... it was to save humanity!"

"Oh, sure, that's what every guy says."

so these phantoms are personified blackholes and transported everyone somewhere in the future where they will meet the grown-up masashi and the girls AFTER the girls fell head over heals on masashi.

I hope i am right. 

its strange,,, usually after meet or confirm danger, like that the phantoms still alive,they all should create some guard system,like always moving in pairs,or each pairs must bring loud bell in case danger approach because cell phone is out of options, etc. yet in this new chapter,all girls still relaxing/playing outside without guard system at all,even though their conversation topic is phantom,they forgot about their own safety,lol.

I'm strangely reminded of "Langoliers", even though that one's quite different. Still, I guess it's safe to say it was an inspiration for the author.

Usually it bugs the heck out of me when a translator intrudes on the story to give long winded notes about things that ultimately wouldn't affect the readers' understanding much and is most likely something they've encountered in other manga before, but somehow it fits here. I think it has to do with the laid-back ethereal vibe of this series in general.

This is just a guess but what if someone secretly wished for the end of the world. The plot thickens... DUN DUN DUUUNNN

Masashi. The girl ask you to tell a love story. Not a sad story.

fyi, love story isnt always about happy story.

soooo fcking good! I need more!!!

Defects usually only show up after a few generations of incest

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddd

now what are you waiting BOY!!!

the girls already love him....

oh shit before that they must think a way to avoid those monster... before they repopulate earth.

Before we talk how time they need to repopulate the earth, let's think about how much the kid born defect or dead. The first batch kids would be fine, but the kids from that previous batch would be tricky since they would do incest and that incest will produce defect or dead infant. The probability to get a healthy infant really low....xD

Defects usually only show up after a few generations of incest

I think by going on an adventure, Masashi wants to create a Harem Empire. XD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics