Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 92votes)

Nanashi no Asterism

Alt Names: alt ななしのアステリズム
Author: Kobayashi Kina
Artist: Kobayashi Kina
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsukasa Shiratori, Nadeshiko Washio and Mikage Kotooka are three close-knit friends in junior high school. For almost a year, Tsukasa has been harboring a secret she can't tell anyone: she has a crush on Nadeshiko. She resigns to keep it locked away forever, but then discovers that Nadeshiko has a crush on Mikage. Not wanting to mess up their current relationship, Tsukasa decides to support Nadeshiko in any way she can. However, Mikage has a secret of her own that she can't share with anyone.

Latest Chapter: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/nanashino/
Go to Nanashi no Asterism Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Nanashi no Asterism New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

154 Comments

The more i read the more I don't like Kotooka.

What the hell is that small thing with legs on page 32 of chapter 12?!

man...., the love chain become bigger

this couple at the fastfood restaurant

lol

hweulf.png 

Sorry, forgot how the japanese school system works again, they're 11?

And shouldn't a kid born in april be younger than kids born in the fall in the same grade?

The cutoff is in April. So those who were born in April are the oldest while those who were born in March are the youngest.

Sorry, forgot how the japanese school system works again, they're 11?

And shouldn't a kid born in april be younger than kids born in the fall in the same grade?

Asakura at least has plenty to do with the main story. there's no way we could have a three-way love triangle between girls and not introduce a heterosexual coupling as a possible out for one or more of the girls to further muddle the pool of right vs. wrong. That was destined to happen since chapter one. The brother just kind of comes as an extension of that helps to give Asakura extra depth and make him a likable person, seeing what he's like as a person opposed to what he is portrayed to Tsukasa as just potential partner. Frankly I don't mind the shounen ai stuff that definitely seems inbound (honestly traps are kind of my jam) but I can imagine other yuri goers will have mixed feelings about it eating into the so-far yuri story.

The core problem is that the three girls were introduced as equals in their relationships. there was no one who came later or is not quite sure about their feelings - all of them are pretty certain about their love interests. At this point, just having one of them turn towards someone else (and having the refused person fall for the third one instead) would simply feel weird and inconsequential, because it would mean only one of them had "the heart" to get their feelings realized. There really seem to be only three possible outcomes:

1) an open ending without much change to the status quo

2) an ending where none of them actually get what they want

3) an upgrade to a three-way-relationship (which is not gonna happen, because it's just not that kind of manga)

Out of these, 1 seems to be the most likely. I hope that the author manages to suprise me and find a more creative resolution, but since the setting is almost unsolvable from the get-go, I don't have too much hope...

Whether the series goes down that road or not, I just hope the author doesn't simply toss aside the main plot because of it. The subaru x asakura thing has little to do with the actual main story. I'm afraid the author simply has no idea how to resolve the main plot, and that's why he switched over to this side story for now.

Asakura at least has plenty to do with the main story. there's no way we could have a three-way love triangle between girls and not introduce a heterosexual coupling as a possible out for one or more of the girls to further muddle the pool of right vs. wrong. That was destined to happen since chapter one. The brother just kind of comes as an extension of that helps to give Asakura extra depth and make him a likable person, seeing what he's like as a person opposed to what he is portrayed to Tsukasa as just potential partner. Frankly I don't mind the shounen ai stuff that definitely seems inbound (honestly traps are kind of my jam) but I can imagine other yuri goers will have mixed feelings about it eating into the so-far yuri story.

So... Will there be additional tag? I hope that there will be.. The continuation where the brother falling for asakura.. How dreamy. Fufufu..

Whether the series goes down that road or not, I just hope the author doesn't simply toss aside the main plot because of it. The subaru x asakura thing has little to do with the actual main story. I'm afraid the author simply has no idea how to resolve the main plot, and that's why he switched over to this side story for now.

So... Will there be additional tag? I hope that there will be.. The continuation where the brother falling for asakura.. How dreamy. Fufufu..

i like the way this is going

Ah jeez, he really is going to fall in love with Asakura. I mean I guess it's par the course what with this series and all. But the retrospective wording is disconcerting... Knew it wouldn't go smoothly but god at least one person in this story needs a happy ending. :|

I wouldn't say he's a villain. He's afraid of losing the one thing in his life that makes him feel content. It's not really uncommon for siblings to feel this kind of attachment for each other, especially when they're shy and subsequently not exposed to other friends. Since she was so accepting of him, it only makes the attachment more concrete since she obviously loves him and cares about him (I mean she lets him wear her clothes!). It's not romantic in nature why he does what he does. Considering how shy Subaru seems to have been growing up, it's no wonder he got so magnificently attached to his outgoing sister who loves him. Since she's such a safe place for him, having her back away a bit and get so involved in others must be seriously scary for him. 

In all likelihood, he is probably going to harm his relationship with her at some point with his possessiveness and it will be devastating to him, but I'm sure he'll be able to bring it back to an acceptable level for both of them. 

Honestly, I'd actually like to see him develop feelings for Asakura, or at least become proper friends with him. He clearly needs someone else in his life aside from his sister to allow him some much needed perspective.

im not saying he is evil, just a villian. a villain can still have a backstory and a motive you know. its taking their reasons into the wrong direction what makes them a villain- for example, you can try to build up your relationship with a person, or try to harm other people relationships with said person. the second one, IS A VILLAIN.

Twin was thinking "I won't fall for this trap!" and I was thinking "No, Asakura's going to fall for this trap."

Shiratori twin is such an obvious villain in this story. I used only to notice villains in action stories when they did bad things,, but now when i consider the motives and personality, i can notice them in stories like this as well.

I wouldn't say he's a villain. He's afraid of losing the one thing in his life that makes him feel content. It's not really uncommon for siblings to feel this kind of attachment for each other, especially when they're shy and subsequently not exposed to other friends. Since she was so accepting of him, it only makes the attachment more concrete since she obviously loves him and cares about him (I mean she lets him wear her clothes!). It's not romantic in nature why he does what he does. Considering how shy Subaru seems to have been growing up, it's no wonder he got so magnificently attached to his outgoing sister who loves him. Since she's such a safe place for him, having her back away a bit and get so involved in others must be seriously scary for him. 

In all likelihood, he is probably going to harm his relationship with her at some point with his possessiveness and it will be devastating to him, but I'm sure he'll be able to bring it back to an acceptable level for both of them. 

Honestly, I'd actually like to see him develop feelings for Asakura, or at least become proper friends with him. He clearly needs someone else in his life aside from his sister to allow him some much needed perspective. 

I can already see the "Shounen ai" tag in this...

Shiratori twin is such an obvious villain in this story. I used only to notice villains in action stories when they did bad things,, but now when i consider the motives and personality, i can notice them in stories like this as well.

Spoiler

Yeah he probably going to cross dressing and try to make him not liking Tsukasa anymore but what a brocon seriously. This series goes strange way.

Thanks to this series I am learning the appeal of poly shipping

Lil bro is finally meeting Asakura!!!

and Asakura is finally going to meet Lil bro dressed as the girl of his dreams.

WOW THIS CHAPTER REVEALED SO MUCH ABOUT KOOTOKA NOW I GET HER SO MUCH (we the same sign, plus I've been thru this before) now I'm thinking, kootoka doesn't have feelings for either of them but is A) worried about the fact that if the truth is revealed, it'll destroy their friendship, and B) hurt over that fact that she's being excluded from something so important, sort of like becoming a side character in nadeshiko and tsukasa's relationship. so she wants them to both get over their feelings as soon as possible to feel like they are just as close to her as she is to them.

Lil bro is finally meeting Asakura!!!

I mean, it only puts her in the worst position because she's putting herself in the worst position. If she actually trusted her friends and their friendship as much as she fixates on it, then she wouldn't be thrown into existential terror whenever something happens that might possibly unbalance the triangle they're in. She wouldn't actively push for stability in misery over the chance of happiness and mutual understanding.

With the latest chapter, she mentions potentially "letting it happen again" so this tells me that she has probably had issues in the past of a somewhat similar nature with one or more friends and it ended extremely badly for her. So this time around, she's being extra careful not to let things fall into place the way they did before. She truly is a victim of her own fear and subsequent meddling regarding their relationships, but for her it's probably preferable to whatever happened before happening again. 

She is just a kid though, really. It's hard for kids to make rational decisions when it comes to emotional issues like this. I definitely do feel the most sorry for her. We don't really know what her story is yet, but all in all, I hope she's able to work through her problems with the help of her friends and even if she doesn't get the romantic ending she seeks (she denies hoping for it, but I think as time moves on she'll be more honest with her desires), I hope they're all able to maintain being friends without big scars left behind...

But its also puts her in the worst position of all of them. Can't help but feel bad for her the most.

I mean, it only puts her in the worst position because she's putting herself in the worst position. If she actually trusted her friends and their friendship as much as she fixates on it, then she wouldn't be thrown into existential terror whenever something happens that might possibly unbalance the triangle they're in. She wouldn't actively push for stability in misery over the chance of happiness and mutual understanding.

More than anything, if she actually trusted their friendship and saw it as more than a fleeting and volatile thing, then she might be able to tell the others that she knows, so that they can all come to terms with their feelings and support their three-way friendship together. Because we already know that the other two can accept having their feelings unrequited, and that they DO value spending time with all three of them together more than getting a chance to be alone with their crush. More importantly, Kotooka now knows this too. She's heard the other two talk about this exact point, and she even acknowledges the option of just having everything out in the open. She now has all the cards, and the only thing stopping her from playing is whether or not she chooses to believe in her friends.

We'll have to wait and see what she decides to do now that she's gotten to this point, but I've heard some second-hand spoilers about future chapters, and I'll say this much: they're not making me any more sympathetic towards Kotooka or the position she's in.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics