Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

VOMIC 3 & 4

Spoiler

Spoiler

God damn, is this professional?

So, is it okay to hit opponents' throat in sumo? Even then i don't think that "magic-hair boy" will lose.

Major props to this series, honestly!

I'm not someone who has ever understood sumo and the many comical representations of it haven't helped that at all. It's really wonderful that a comic can bring back dignity and honor to a sport that's constantly mocked in media and, i presume, real life as well.

I got past the butts! I did it!

This reminds me of eyeshield 21 in terms of awesome determination. I love it!

Oh man that chapter had me fired up!

Man this is epic and should update more often

Sousuke can't be beaten. His magic hair is too powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89-sr4IIdo0

dat sumo match

Nah, he doesn't drink alcohol.

Or have tantrums over cats.

Wait....I just figured it out.  The MC personifies the stereotypical fantasy dwarf--he's short, manly, and strong as hell.  Now he just needs an epic beard.

Nah, he doesn't drink alcohol.

Wait....I just figured it out.  The MC personifies the stereotypical fantasy dwarf--he's short, manly, and strong as hell.  Now he just needs an epic beard.

VOMIC 3 & 4

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hinomaru Zumou VOMIC:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for the release fallen angels :-)

if it is in a real match, he will be only tripped his opponent lightly. As long you can push the opponent's upper body strongly and fast, a light trip will be enough to bring him down. there is a Judo movement that also has the same principal, I forgot its name though.

O Uchi Gari. Ronda Rousey usually switches to this or the ko uchi gari if her uchi mata fails.

Ohohoho

Mwuahaha

A truly challenging response; if I don't read, I seem to be backing down. It's delightful how we, 'the entertained' absorb seriousness from the content of a title even tho :snicker: it's a 'shounen' comic whose original intended audience is children.

At any rate, thanks for nothing. I just wanted to know if this is actually intentionally funny - and consistently so - because the 'comedy' tag on Batoto is watered down. And instead of a simple confirm-or-deny answer in the fraternal spirit of fellow comics readers...instead of this, you've just spewed useless bravado.

Of couse, when you describe something like an american football line scrimmage done without padding as a goofy setup, some might think there's something wrong with you.

And BTW, this is not just your average shounen "entertainment" manga. From the looks of it (and the phrasing based on the scanlation), it's a subtle call to arms.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/culturesports/20141203.html

then refer to this:

Spoiler

Why emphasize "last Japanese yokozuna" and "legitimate sucessor?"

It's a popularity push for grasroots sumo (read: youth) using manga as a medium. Hope it goes well.

Ohohoho

Mwuahaha

A truly challenging response; if I don't read, I seem to be backing down. It's delightful how we, 'the entertained' absorb seriousness from the content of a title even tho :snicker: it's a 'shounen' comic whose original intended audience is children.

At any rate, thanks for nothing. I just wanted to know if this is actually intentionally funny - and consistently so - because the 'comedy' tag on Batoto is watered down. And instead of a simple confirm-or-deny answer in the fraternal spirit of fellow comics readers...instead of this, you've just spewed useless bravado.

Calm your banana, just saying you shouldn't refer to Sumo as a "goofy setup", that's all.

Read and judge for yourself just how "goofy" sumo is.

Ohohoho

Mwuahaha

Is this laugh-out-loud funny? goofy setup. Kinda curious.

Read and judge for yourself just how "goofy" sumo is.

Is this laugh-out-loud funny? goofy setup. Kinda curious.

He's clever, he tends to exploit his opponent's momentum a lot of the time (like in judo) while his opponents use their size a lot more, and I remember the manga mentioning something about that too.  Props to Kawada for knowing his stuff.

Is it just me or it looks like that Kariya broke Satou's right leg with his movement?

Spoiler

if it is in a real match, he will be only tripped his opponent lightly. As long you can push the opponent's upper body strongly and fast, a light trip will be enough to bring him down. there is a Judo movement that also has the same principal, I forgot its name though.

Is it just me or it looks like that Kariya broke Satou's right leg with his movement?

Spoiler

Kariya vs Ushio this will be good.

He still looks funny though.

There are some relatively thinner sumos out there. Chiyonofuji, Takahanada, Terao, and some really skinny white dude. I only know this because I spent way too much time looking for a not super fat one.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics