Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 92votes)

Nanashi no Asterism

Alt Names: alt ななしのアステリズム
Author: Kobayashi Kina
Artist: Kobayashi Kina
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsukasa Shiratori, Nadeshiko Washio and Mikage Kotooka are three close-knit friends in junior high school. For almost a year, Tsukasa has been harboring a secret she can't tell anyone: she has a crush on Nadeshiko. She resigns to keep it locked away forever, but then discovers that Nadeshiko has a crush on Mikage. Not wanting to mess up their current relationship, Tsukasa decides to support Nadeshiko in any way she can. However, Mikage has a secret of her own that she can't share with anyone.

Latest Chapter: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/nanashino/
Go to Nanashi no Asterism Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Nanashi no Asterism New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

154 Comments

Oh boy, two chapters in a row with the most depressing/melodramatic characters...

God damn it, I just want these dumb kids to be happy.

There's so much misery in the air it's making feel all fluffy inside. >w<
I feel really bad for kotooka because all she wants is a friendship with Washio and Tsukasa. and I think kotooka knows that if washio were to confess to her, then things would not be able to stay normal, aka they wouldn't be able to stay friends after the fact. althought I do think that she's being selfish, I think that kotooka is the only one who's actually watching out for everyone because she doesn't want things to get fucked up.
Spoiler

She's being incredibly selfish and insensitive. Just like Subaru, she's desperately clinging on to an unstable status quo. She's tormenting herself, acting like a martyr dying to save everyone else, but in reality she's making everyone else miserable as well. She is convinced that she alone understands everything, and that she can manage the situation, but this is merely wishful thinking.

This. I can understand her position, sympathize with it, and she actually thinks she's doing the best she can. Problem is, she isn't.

It doesn't help that her way of defending the status quo reinforces the problematic Japanese perspective that love between young girls is just a "phase" that will eventually be outgrown for "real" relationships, a perspective that is already confusing and hurting Washio (an herself, I might add). She's disregarding the seriousness of her friends' feelings in favour of a fantasy that sacrifices truthfulness for the sake of correctness. It's understandable, but not commendable.

Asakura X Subaru is finally taking of~

I really feel so awful for Kotooka. She's the only one who gets the whole situation and all the emotional burden of the other two is on her because of it... I pray for her happiness no matter where she finds it (although preferably in a gay poly relationship pls and thank.)

She's being incredibly selfish and insensitive. Just like Subaru, she's desperately clinging on to an unstable status quo. She's tormenting herself, acting like a martyr dying to save everyone else, but in reality she's making everyone else miserable as well. She is convinced that she alone understands everything, and that she can manage the situation, but this is merely wishful thinking.

The author does a good job of showing us her inner experience, so we can empathize with her and understand why she acts the way she does. But from an outside perspective, her methods are duplicitous, her motives are nowhere near as pure as she likes to pretend, and her actions negatively impact many other people.

Wait a minute this is in Gangan Online? The same magazine as Nozaki-kun, Yandere Kanojo, and Tanaka-kun?

Why are there so much angst? Why are the chapters so long?
I really feel so awful for Kotooka. She's the only one who gets the whole situation and all the emotional burden of the other two is on her because of it... I pray for her happiness no matter where she finds it (although preferably in a gay poly relationship pls and thank.)

I think it's only a "Kinknack" if it's made of black leather.

You typo'd my typo, yo.

But thats pretty much what the manga is about. We've got a train of bad things just getting closer and closer to a crash

I dunno, I'm staying optimistic.

Wait, what magazine is this in? They're in a nice position to never resolve anything. Hope they don't go into Soul Society or something.

On an unrelated note, baby Nadeshiko is so cute.

Yeah, it's not temporary, hun.

What!? No "You wa Shock" reference in this chapter?

How utterly disapointing...

It's getting harder and harder for me to read each chapter. Not that I dislike the series (far from it) but the situation is slowly spiraling out of control and I feel so bad for all involved... Not looking forward to the eventual explosion.

i know what you mean. I tend to try figure out the ways its going to end while i read.

But thats pretty much what the manga is about. We've got a train of bad things just getting closer and closer to a crash

It's getting harder and harder for me to read each chapter. Not that I dislike the series (far from it) but the situation is slowly spiraling out of control and I feel so bad for all involved... Not looking forward to the eventual explosion.

Seems to be some kind of silly plant pot or toy. Kincknack is the word, I believe?

I think it's only a "Kinknack" if it's made of black leather.

Damn Asakura just did a critical hit to all four of them with that remark.
call me out of date, but what is this 'virtual fantasy' game on ch.13 p.40? it looks like fun.
(sorry, its been a really long time since i have been into an arcade.)

Sneaky Kotooka and then Washio turns into a creepy white guy.

Yup this manga is tumblr
Someone's head is going to end up in a gym bag by the end of this.

Sneaky Kotooka and then Washio turns into a creepy white guy. I wonder if we'll get an Evil Tsukasa chapter.

PS. Somebody comment, I've got a 5 post going, I'll get banned of the internet.

Seems to be some kind of silly plant pot or toy. Kincknack is the word, I believe? I might just look for a better angle at it when I'm not this tired.

It's the mascot, Fries-kun, probably in plush form http://vatoto.com/reader#7cabd7b2de5902ae_44

He's also on the clock http://vatoto.com/reader#d858cfb5ec155aa4_42

And also on page 4 http://vatoto.com/reader#d858cfb5ec155aa4_4

I hope the brother's subterfuge gets revealed sooner rather than later. The longer it lasts, the eviler it gets.

This chapter is full of amazing panels, like the reaction shots on pages 4 & 44. Minimalist Nadeshiko is so cute. And great art all over.

What the hell is that small thing with legs on page 32 of chapter 12?!

Seems to be some kind of silly plant pot or toy. Kincknack is the word, I believe? I might just look for a better angle at it when I'm not this tired.

What the hell is that small thing with legs on page 32 of chapter 12?!

Ah, well, obviously it's . . . ummm . . . good question.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics