Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 172votes)

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii

Alt Names: alt Ainda assim, O Mundo é Belo.alt Aun así, el mundo es hermoso.alt それでも世界は美しいalt Dünya Yine de Güzelalt Even So, the World is still Beautifulalt The World is Still Beautiful
Author: Shiina Dai
Artist: Shina Dai
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Nike is the fourth princess of the Rain Dukedom and one who holds the power to call forth the rain. Despite her own reluctance, for the sake of her country she travels to the Sun Kingdom to marry Sun King Livius. She soon discovers that the King, who conquered the world within only three years of ascending to the throne, is actually... a child?! Furthermore, for trivial reasons, he demands that Nike call forth the rain...!?
Go to Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Raws New Window DerRichT
  • 1 Replies

403 Comments

Shina Dai's ability to draw expressive faces with incredibly variety is exceptional. I haven't seen many artists who're able to catch such minute differences in expressions. The story isn't bad, but it's not exactly anything special either, still definitely worth reading. But what really makes the manga are these through and through alive expressions. It's been a while since I read the beginning, so I don't remember how they were in the beginning, but now (ch 15+) at least, they're great.

Such a good way or portraying emotions also makes it possible for me to be drawn into the story right away with a new chapter. Usually I'll need to read through half a chapter at the least to get back into the manga. Not so with the way Shina Dai brings out all the feelings and emotions and intents of each person, just by drawing the faces well.

Edit: I read through the first chapter again and the expressions are just as good. However, this early in the beginning, there aren't any deep feelings yet, so you won't really see that until a bit later.

People have the right to know if he is truly or a Shota or a fake.

I have no idea why I find this comment hilarious lol XD

^This

It's crucial to some fetishes.

Who would care about the MC's age?

Anyway, thanks Fallen Syndicate for the double release.

Who would care about the MC's age?

Anyway, thanks Fallen Syndicate for the double release.

I just read chapter 16 and the translators explained about Livi's age at the end :3 It's not confusing anymore

So I guess he is 15 years old? Or is it just a mistranslation? Because I personally don't think he looks 15 at all.

From Chapter 13:

Spoiler

However, the omake (extra story shown after chapter 8) put him in elementary school :/ Which should make him no older than 11-12

Spoiler

And have they officially said Nike's age in the manga? I don't think I remember them mention it.

Read the post below you. It doesn't seem like chapter 15 actually tells the exact age and with how the recent chapter had Livi turning 12 years old, he's clearly not 15.

Now if only anyone can provide the raw..

this one from recent chapter seems talking that he's going to be 12 now

L5VaxOa.jpg

Spoiler

Maybe wiki got it from chapter 13:

Spoiler

However, Evilnemesis did say that this part of the manga when Teteru said "She was only fifteen years old, the same age as you are now" was not what was actually being said.

I'm not sure how much truth is in this, because I have neither seen the raws nor know how to read Japanese.

I don't think he looks 15 at all though. So I'm also thinking that it could be a mistranslation. :/

Also, the omake (extra story shown after chapter 8) put him in elementary school :/ Which should make him no older than 11-12

Spoiler

And have they officially said Nike's age in the manga? I don't think I remember them mention it.

Now to confront the Grandma

I hope the confrontation with the grandmother and Livi occurs in the next chapter. I really want to see her punished.

I hope they have new songs for the anime - the song fits the first episode really well but it's kinda meh for the 2nd episode :s

Thanks for clarifying that up! I was confused when someone said he was 15!

Well, on wiki it shows 'Livius is the king of the Sun Kingdom. In the three years following his enthronement he was able to conquer the rest of the world. While he is rumored to be a monster of some sort, he is actually a young man - only 15 years old.'

I'll have to read the manga though, I've only been watching the anime.

In chapter 13 when they said he's the same age as the grandma ( meaning he would be 15 ) that's not what is actually being said. It doesn't say that they are of the exact age.

He ascended the throne at age 8, 3 years later ( current time ) he's 11. The first explicit mention of his age is in the latest chapter in Hana to Yume in which there's a buzz because he's going to turn 12 and they're talking about his growth spurt.

So yeah guys, it's an actual shota. /ss/ is going strong!

Thanks for clarifying that up! I was confused when someone said he was 15!

After the first couple of chapters the grammar has degraded and made it quite difficult to understand... I always figured there is a Proofreader to make sure it all reads properly before allowing the TL's work to be put through...

In chapter 13 when they said he's the same age as the grandma ( meaning he would be 15 ) that's not what is actually being said. It doesn't say that they are of the exact age.

He ascended the throne at age 8, 3 years later ( current time ) he's 11. The first explicit mention of his age is in the latest chapter in Hana to Yume in which there's a buzz because he's going to turn 12 and they're talking about his growth spurt.

So yeah guys, it's an actual shota. /ss/ is going strong!

After the first couple of chapters the grammar has degraded and made it quite difficult to understand... I always figured there is a Proofreader to make sure it all reads properly before allowing the TL's work to be put through...

Episode 1 is out and it looks great, imo. Both of them do.

Spoiler

oh boy, in this video, the boy looks like 12-13 and the girl looks like 20...this doesn't help.

Soredemo Sekai ha Utsukushii on the cover of Hana to Yume #9

Spoiler

Thank you. I feel better now with that in mind.

hes 15 which i thought was shocking i thought he was 13 or 12 so there only a year apart

...youtube video:

Spoiler

I'm normally not entirely fond of Shoujo Mangas, but when I come across gems like this I begin to think otherwise.

When shonen and shoujo genres were defined it's as if an agreement was made to see which could produce the most banal works.

soredemo sekai wa utsukushii is a shot across the bow. Your move, shonen.

IIRC she's 16.

No adult, no pedo.

Thank you. I feel better now with that in mind.

I really want to love this couple, and a part of me really does, but there's also a part that, whenever I see these guys kissing, thinks, "pedo oh god pedo"

TIME SKIP PLEASE!

IIRC she's 16.

No adult, no pedo.

I really want to love this couple, and a part of me really does, but there's also a part that, whenever I see these guys kissing, thinks, "pedo oh god pedo"

TIME SKIP PLEASE!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics