Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 147votes)

Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Alt Names: alt 猫田のことが気になって仕方ない。alt I Can't Help but Be Curious about Nekota.alt I Can’t Help but Be Concerned about Nekota.alt I'm So Interested in Nekota That I Can't Help Myself.
Author: Oouta Rie
Artist: Oouta Rie
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Amane Mikiko, better known as Mikki, is an elementary school student who moves a lot and has to transfer schools often. As soon as she makes friends, she has to painfully say goodbye to them. She is determined to not make any new friends at her new school, but it doesn't exactly go her way... especially when she meets a boy with the head of a cat! But hold on... he only looks like that in her eyes?!
Go to Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

336 Comments

Was I the only one thinking that if everyone else sees Nekota's hair growing longer that Miki might see it as his fur growing longer? LOL I kinda wanted to see that. Also I don't get what is wrong with the Nekota shaved ice she made, I would absolutely want that!

Nekota as a Persian kitty :o adorableeee

Damn Cliffy

I will bloody riot if this ends without me seeing any of their babies. I. WILL. RIOT. SO. HARD.

Adorable kittens?

I will bloody riot if this ends without me seeing any of their babies. I. WILL. RIOT. SO. HARD.

The other manga that I know of that also discuss having periods is Shishunki Bitter Change. Is there other series that doing the same?

Akatsuki no Yona also has one chapter where the protagonist unexpectedly has to deal with her period. It's so refreshing when it comes up in manga honestly.

Man, Nekota is one popular guy.

Because he treats the girls like people, not objects; nor does he tease them to get their attention. Remember why Chisa hates boys to begin with.... 

Plus, given the other students' reaction to him I guess he has a nice face?

Was I the only one thinking that if everyone else sees Nekota's hair growing longer that Miki might see it as his fur growing longer? LOL I kinda wanted to see that. Also I don't get what is wrong with the Nekota shaved ice she made, I would absolutely want that!

Man, Nekota is one popular guy.

I've become so accustumed to the Neko face I don't know how I feel about Nekota eventually revealing his real face. I kinda want the Neko face forever.

I just want to see the real face of nekota ... please Q.Q

Shishunki Bitter Change was actually the one that came to mind immediately, but I think I've seen it somewhere else where it was used as a passing joke or something.

same here...

The other manga that I know of that also discuss having periods is Shishunki Bitter Change. Is there other series that doing the same?

Shishunki Bitter Change was actually the one that came to mind immediately, but I think I've seen it somewhere else where it was used as a passing joke or something.

... I think this is only the second or third time I've seen anyone discuss having periods in a manga over the many years I've been consuming it.

I've always wondered where this idea (common enough to be a cliche in Japan) that girls can't play sports while on their period came from. As a former high school soccer player and swimmer, that is not the case. Unless maybe for some people with unusually debilitating ones?? If everybody took one week off every month, we'd have been in pretty bad shape.

It's not every time, like Miki's mama said, the beginnings are kinda irregular and the most uncomfortable. And I think it just depends on the type of period... Some people get it worst than others. So, I'm just assuming that the worst become the "normal".

OgoOqHq.png

oh we know what those "other things" are, don't we, boys? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Spoiler

I've always wondered where this idea (common enough to be a cliche in Japan) that girls can't play sports while on their period came from. As a former high school soccer player and swimmer, that is not the case. Unless maybe for some people with unusually debilitating ones?? If everybody took one week off every month, we'd have been in pretty bad shape.

Umm, cause your uterine muscles are constantly clenching? I was always tired, even on light days. It's like doing any kind of clench for a couple days, even while sleeping. If that didn't happen to you, thank your lucky stars! We can do sports, but it's not easy, and this was Mikki's first so of course she didn't know how to adjust. She didn't quit, she could do it, but it wasn't her best.... 

I was always short of breath during sports like Mikki is depicted here and everything is pretty mild for me. I could still play decently, but it came with very great effort. And I definitely remember thinking that I felt heavy and sluggish while trying to sprint around the bases during softball games.

• RSD likes this

I really like how they talked about menstruation and periods as a time of change like that. It came at a really good thematic time and how everything happened was so realistic. It reminded me of when I got my first period! I like how everyone dealt with it very sensibly. Periods are a natural thing and is a significant part of a girl's life; I hope to see more shoujo manga presented it as such. I think this is only the second or third time I've seen anyone discuss having periods in a manga over the many years I've been consuming it.

Yea this last chapter felt pretty reminiscent of my own memories. I remember freaking out thinking I was doomed to wear a pad everyday for the rest of my life. Thankfully it wasn't quite that dramatic, albeit still the monthly annoyance of the female life. I also liked how this chapter showed it's ok for boys to have some awareness about it. While a girl may not want to announce she has her period, it isn't something shameful that needs to be hidden either.

After reading the latest chapter all I can think is, Miki... Your pants are white... T^T Goodbye cute shorts....

That and damn Nekota, I already knew you were smooth, but you just upped your game.

I really like how they talked about menstruation and periods as a time of change like that. It came at a really good thematic time and how everything happened was so realistic. It reminded me of when I got my first period! I like how everyone dealt with it very sensibly. Periods are a natural thing and is a significant part of a girl's life; I hope to see more shoujo manga presented it as such. I think this is only the second or third time I've seen anyone discuss having periods in a manga over the many years I've been consuming it.

Now that I see them growing up, I really want that highschool arc.

Why hello there Nishikata!

Spoiler

But yea, considering the chapter's theme, that's probably the case.

...That or she got knocked up when they held bare hands (lewd!) two chapters ago. Hence the saying - No glove, no love.

NSFW
https://www.reddit.com/r/handholding/

[...]
Also: never been a teenage girl i guess that's menstruation?????? Some more question marks because even asking that makes me feel awkward????????

Why hello there Nishikata!
Spoiler

But yea, considering the chapter's theme, that's probably the case.

...That or she got knocked up when they held bare hands (lewd!) two chapters ago. Hence the saying - No glove, no love.

So I went back to ch. 30 just to refresh my memory and I ran into Nekota thinking "How unusual.  She's thinking about something really hard."

I just lost it.  This manga has so many great little throwaway lines, mostly character driven.

Meanwhile, yeah, looks like red rice coming up.  Although it would be funny if despite all the talk about that kind of maturation stuff and the symptoms seeming classic, it turned out to be something totally irrelevant.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics