Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 58votes)

Seto no Hanayome

Alt Names: alt 瀬戸の花嫁alt Inland Sea Bridealt My Bride Is a Mermaidalt 濑户之花嫁
Author: Kimura Tahiko
Artist: Kimura Tahiko
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A young boy gets saved from drowning by a mermaid but according to mermaid law, if a human sees a mermaid's true form, both are to be executed. The only solution to the problem is for him to marry her and become part of the mermaid family.
Go to Seto no Hanayome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Missing chapters New Window Lucone
  • 0 Replies
Topic Manga Scans New Window Jeff
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ongoing? New Window ClayAndros
  • 3 Replies

89 Comments

ok i would like to know what is happening with chapter 63 is there even 1???

And few seconds ago a new chapter!

Probably why the manga ended.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=163

16 Volumes (Complete)

Maybe mangaka is tired and can't be bothered?

Is he working on any other works?

About licensing - anyone confirmed this is licensed or not?

The anime is, how about the manga? Is it part of the license?

It started whit rather nice art but since about maybe ch 40+ the art just started being crap honestly, there arent even backgrounds any more in most panels.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks like that.

Plus the storyline (that wasn't anything great to begin with) and gags are getting progressively worse and worse.

the hell is happening to this series' art? its becoming sketchy and sketchy! 

It started whit rather nice art but since about maybe ch 40+ the art just started being crap honestly, there arent even backgrounds any more in most panels.

What the F--- just happened?

the hell is happening to this series' art? its becoming sketchy and sketchy! 

A lot quicker isn't it? Especially if it's a one person job. If someone's job is a redrawer or a cleaner then perhaps they can use a brush. Blocks are much easier :)

Good thing is  using blocks has increased speed over the old way of using a brush to white out the chinese text

ahaha most people use a brush, actually... no idea why

personally i use blocks though

Hah thanks for offer of help but it's been quite an interesting experience doing everything so I thought might as well see it through to 65. Hopefully I'll be doing it nice and slowly though to try improve translation quality. Good thing is  using blocks has increased speed over the old way of using a brush to white out the chinese text

Don't look at Mangafox to determine licensing status. I'm pretty sure people trip those to render various series unreadable there as punishment for Mangafox's crimes against humanity.

suggesting that i go on mangafox to look for licensing statuses is more of a crime to me. i've been told a grand total of twenty times that the manga isn't licensed (thanks everyone for telling me), but right now i still don't plan on picking it up anyway unless i get some help.

jeff, if you need any help, i'll always be around ^_^

Where are the rest of vol 8 ?

Added another chapter. Though I don't know how regularly I'll be able to do it as each chapter takes 5 hours straight inclusive of time taken to look up words I dont know. Anyway Enjoy :)!

16 volumes and complete according to Baka-Updates :(

Plzz let there be more volumes it would be hard for me to depart with this manga/anime if I don't see what happens to masa and his sister(when will masa tell that he is her brother), and other stuffs that haven't even been solved

oh wow...i'd forgotten how much this manga would make me laugh. now i need to find more of it.

Woo another chapter.  Thanks Jeff!

actually no, it's licensed, i won't be taking this... ._.

wintercry is right. The manga isn't licensed from everything I've looked at (I wouldn't mind getting this from the library if it was available).

Don't look at Mangafox to determine licensing status. I'm pretty sure people trip those to render various series unreadable there as punishment for Mangafox's crimes against humanity.

Your welcome. Hopefully though it gets a little bit more fluent later on. Chinese is something I am learning currently. So it's a little tough to understand some of the words.

Finally an update! Thanks Jeff.

On another note, volume 8 is missing some chapters.

Pretty sure this series isn't licensed.

thank you this is awesome i love it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics