Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.99 - 95votes)

Ani ga Imouto de Imouto ga Ani de

Alt Names: alt Ani-Imoalt 亦兄亦妹alt 兄が妹で妹が兄で。
Author: Kurumatani Haruko
Artist: Kutumatani Haruko
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Youta and Hikaru, a twin pair of siblings, have grown up together and been close all their life. Since their parents are gone from dusk til dawn running a bar, Youta has stepped into the role of housewife of the family, cooking, cleaning, and generally getting things done. His twin sister Hikaru has always had trouble showing emotion, thereby leading to people misunderstanding her and showing fear of her. One morning after certain things come to light about their family, Youta and Hikaru are involved in a car accident. Upon awakening, they find they've switched bodies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aria_%28magazine%29

This is a manga published in a Shoujo magazine. Please do not edit Demographic to Shounen or Josei.
Go to Ani ga Imouto de Imouto ga Ani de Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Brother/Sister body swap recommendations list New Window JESUS IS LOVE
  • 1 Replies

163 Comments

Really now, the sister(the one in the man's body) is just like a carnivore in a smutty shoujo manga :/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aria_%28magazine%29

Manga published in a Shoujo magazine. Please do not edit demographic to Shounen, Josei or Seinen. Appearances and art can be deceiving...
Why does the doctor and the big brother look so alike? Hikaru in Big Brother's body also has a VERY similar personality to the doctor.

Surely the artist could've used a different design... unless there's a meaning to it?
the brother, he's suffering too much for his selfish sister, the sister is too creepy in her brother's body, also the doctor seems a character yaoi ... dont follow this one
Damn...thought it was chapter 4
Took a high-res scan for the wonderful inking work in the eyes: http://i.imgur.com/rORBq.jpg
Interestingly, while she puts a lot of detail into the eyes, the hair of her characters is largely matte black for some reason other than the "blonde" characters.
I think it's rather humorous how Hikaru reacts when she thinks Youta is being too "cavalier" with her body, getting too used to it, etc. Of course it's entirely hypocritical as well, given how she's been acting with his body...
Came in stock finally, yay! http://imgur.com/6XVpQ

Author has some amazing detail in the art in this. Lots of fine inking work. Some of the face closeups for Hikaru look like 0.1mm crosshatching for the eyes, etc. And seems to be throwing in some fanservice for the guys and girls with not only the bishie shots of Youta, but lots of flattering poses for Hikaru as well... =)
This is what happens when an older brother never truly established mental dominance over his younger siblings from an early age... The younger sister getting full of herself after swapping bodies with her big brother? I'd death glare Hikaru down to keep her under control if I was Youta.
I'm in for more yuri-goodness.
I think that's the whole point -- Hikaru never was innocent. It's just she had trouble expressing herself. If you notice, as Youta she is still not talkative -- how you are perceived by others (tall, male) can be a big part of how your personality forms. So Hikaru not being talkative and having such a small body -- it's not surprising she would turn out that way. By contrast, Youta's normal outgoing nature will come across as "cute/moe" with a body like Hikaru's of course.
Nuhhh the innocent is GONE!!!
But I like the eyes very much though. I love it to be exact :D things are getting interesting now. Can't wait for the next chapter > <
Ha ha, the sweet innocent sister isn't so innocent after all ;)

Definitely a must-read if you're into gender-bender/body-swapping. It goes through the regular stuff, and also has some new things to offer.

My only complaint is that the artist needs more practice drawing girl faces. The eyes are kind of.... well, I hope it will get better over time.
poor Youta... first his crush turns out to be a lesbian and then Hikaru does THAT... can't wait for the next chapter :D
is it me or is hikaru cuter since youta took over her body ? is like she's more moe....
bushwhacker2k
If anything, I'd mark the Imouto (current in Onii-chan body) as Sadist type and Extreme Bro-Con.

adva I don't see potential of Yaoi yet.
It's the Onii-chan (current in Imouto Body) use the Imouto's body to come meet the Doctor.
So worst thing can happen is a (Boy Gender already Warped)Girl with a Male Doctor (don't think it would happen).
But I think the Doctor may assault the Onii-chan (Current Imouto) and make Him (her atm) afraid of Both Male and Female. And he will realize he (she atm) better be choose his Imouto.
@bushwhacker2k it's not yandere.
This manga is so good!!! I can't stop reading it Posted Image
Omg what just happened there it was really crazy with every thing going on now what is he going to do and what did she mean
Should this be marked as Yandere?

She becomes stronger than the one she likes so she uses her superior strength to control the one she likes without their consent, no?
If this is a typical shounen manga, I would instantly regconize the big brother as a tsundere and the little sister as a serious yandere. Since this is a shoujo manga, plus the attitude "If I can't have you, none shall have" there might even be an yaoi route in the future.

Damn, even my sister hates shounen-ai stuffs, not to mention yaoi
@adva

Well, I forgot that this manga is a Shoujo one... So... If that happens, I might be mentally prepared... xD! But, please, don't turn out to be thi Yaoi xD!!!!!!!!
She(he?) acts like some kind random yaoi character!
AND I DON'T WATCH/READ YAOI
gah! plz don't go yaoi plz don't go yaoi PLEASE DON'T GO YAOI!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics