Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.22 - 272votes)

Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer

Alt Names: alt A Failure of a Monster Traineralt できそこないの魔獣錬磨師alt 没路用的魔兽炼磨师
Author: Minami Takumi
Artist: Yui
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where everyone has a monster crest from birth, a select few rise to become Monster Trainers. Reyn Erhardt, a slime trainer, the lowest of the low, cares nothing for status and just continues his daily regimen of training for his personal slime, Pem-Pem. Yet in school dominated by monsters as grand as dragons, those who cannot hope to rise to the top take out their frustrations on the lowest ones, and Reyn and Pem-Pem make for easy marks. Or do they?
Go to Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and/or LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 3 Replies

199 Comments

Spoiler

Or you could just read Asterisk novels, where everything is explained. We already know why all girls like him, and even to which degree(yep, not all girls want to marry him, only three so far have deeper feeling for him, and they've already been developed in the 9 translated volumes)

And here i'll give the downsides of Rakudai, excessive focus on main couple(yes I know most people like romance, but they focus so much in it, they leave other characters without much of a development, and the anime stole imouto's encouragement scene from her, she was the most important character in that final arc but they cut off most of her scenes, which were scenes as important or even more, than the corny declaration that happened later on), lack of an actual plot, meaning, story is carried by character development arcs, overly fast romantic development, bars further character developments for some very specific characters(as far as I've seen in the novels), main plot is only introduced after the end of the anime, and only in the novels, and main story is actually "shallower" than Asterisk, also does not have neither Claudia nor Sylvia in it, at least not someone in the same level of "best gurl"(little sister is cuteness itself though)

Lol the unnecessary Panty Shot took away the thrill of the fight

If he doesn't lose, then this is going to be a very very bad ride.

It's already a very bad ride

I am so curious for this... Anyone know where i can find the raws for this?

*sees chapter count*

... I really hate the DMCA. And one of these days they're gonna stupidly try to take down a powerful government's website and end up just like the Comics Code Authority, obsolete, thought of as crap and eventually forgotten.

DMCA is by the government themselves, they're not gonna take themselves out, they're not Skynet....

Just the same as how the Police get away with loads of "accidental crimes" because Police don't Police themselves.

*sees chapter count*

... I really hate the DMCA. And one of these days they're gonna stupidly try to take down a powerful government's website and end up just like the Comics Code Authority, obsolete, thought of as crap and eventually forgotten.

Huh?

Is it just me or did all the english chapters disappear?

No. It's not just you, they do seem to be gone. If you still want to read the chapters, I believe you can find them on OneTimeScans website.

Huh?

Is it just me or did all the english chapters disappear?

And besides, more people are discovering anime every year. Not everyone gets started with the "good" ones. I know I didn't.

To be honest, I find most people can't appreciate "good" anime when they start.  It's a new medium, so they can't take in all the details, or don't understand the nuance of the cultural implications.  Or, bear with me, most people just discovering anime are in the young teenage period where everybody has bad taste.  And I mean REALLY bad taste.

Look at this "thing", Japan is not even trying anymore. About the discussion here, Asterisk and Rakudai are two pieces of turd, what's the point of trying to justify what shit is better? Naruto has gone for 700 chapters and severa spin-offs, plus the anime, does this amount of content justify it's quality? Look at every new season, Japan is brimming with shit LN-ecchi-fanservice-pandering-buy the source adaptations and one or two. Like it or not, it's what sells.

To some people, it's the difference between a 4/10 show and a 6/10 show. Sometimes that matters enough to make the experience not altogether bad. And besides, more people are discovering anime every year. Not everyone gets started with the "good" ones. I know I didn't.

That said, this series' second chapter is almost painfully generic.

Look at this "thing", Japan is not even trying anymore. About the discussion here, Asterisk and Rakudai are two pieces of turd, what's the point of trying to justify what shit is better? Naruto has gone for 700 chapters and severa spin-offs, plus the anime, does this amount of content justify it's quality? Look at every new season, Japan is brimming with shit LN-ecchi-fanservice-pandering-buy the source adaptations and one or two. Like it or not, it's what sells.

This manga is so bad its fun, insta follow

it doesn't matter if he win or loss, this is so poorly written that there is no way for it to be a good ride.

This is definitely like Pokemon. I mean you can actually bet your body for sexual favors. Lol

Slime is sure popular these days. They finally get the recognition that they deserves instead of being just fodder you kill over and over to get stronger.

I bet the special attack is probably an absorb or mimic kind of ability. >_>

Anyone else notice that Pem-Pem looks like Meatbun from 1/2 Prince....?

PokeHarem!

....that is all.

It's funny because, you described a lame anime (asterisk) being better than a slightly better one.

You know, I think it's because japense people love the "harem" genre, and Stupid as fuck MCs. That's the meta, OP character with lame sociability skills and full of "cute" girls behind'em. That's what Rakudai lacks, there's fanservice but there's not the cliche fanservice they want.

It is better, Rakudai has nothing aside from arcs that develop the main characters or rather that was the whole plot behind it. Main charcter wants to win the torunament and be recognized, but that's it. There's no actual story and aside from the main characters all others are empty, and just there to complete the lineup.

In Asterisk we have many girls, sure, of which, 2 actively pursuit the MC(Princess and Stuco. 3 if you count Sylvia, but she does not join the harem in the anime, unfortunately),1 admires him(Loli swordswoman), and another one is his childhood friend. Besides this, we are slowly introduced to his school, the whole ranking system, the many tournaments, and while not easy to notice, the darkness of the city, and of the current world. Where corporations govern, while countries are mere puppets to them.

And it also has a story, that is unfortunately cut short in the beginning. For it starts only at the second season, and ends too fast for us to notice it had begun.

Mandatory glasses push is mandatorily quote of awesome. If it really says that in the original then they have now parodied every glasses-wearing character ever.
MidoriKitzune
Aug 06 2016 10:06 PM

Unfollowed.

Is going to end up being predictable.

xD

Japan doesn't care about harems, they care about power fantasies. Harems are just a substitute for sex/rape. (How many harem stories have you seen where the MC -intentionally- kisses a girl?)

No that is not why harems are so prevalent. The harems are there to try to get the reader interested in at least one of the girls and thus stick with the product till the end. 90% of the usual shounen shit is about selling sex to young boys. Go watch the South Park episode The Ring to see the concept explained in detail (except it's to girls), as Mickey Mouse is beating up the Jonas Brothers.

Same for VNs and anime too.

Dekisokonai is not at this time a harem. Unless some of you are already shipping Pixie

..If I was a betting man I would say that his power is to simply outlast his opponent...

maybe smother/drown them in his slime-form.

I would actually find it quite amusing if the slime didn't have some secret special power and was just damn near impossible to kill by vitrue of being a living blob of goo. Literally just keep using tackle until they give up from frustration or succumb to exhaustion.
Imagine it like you'd be watching a battle between a real monster and a Magikarp with infinite health.

... or metapod with infinite full heal and max def...

1 hit/attack..

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics