Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 135votes)

Isekai Houtei -Rebuttal Barrister-

Alt Names: alt 異世界法廷〜反駁の異法弁護士
Author: Kawamoto Homura
Artist: Ohba Kamon
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuto Shiba is a 29-year old who, despite his desire to be a barrister, is a complete failure of a man. In a fit of drunkenness, he gets hit by a truck and dies. In the afterlife, he is brought into the world of Luanolde, and is tasked with implementing Japanese law into the country's court systems.

Basically, Phoenix Wright with magic and elves.
Go to Isekai Houtei -Rebuttal Barrister- Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

255 Comments

Girl, for someone so smart, you didn't think to create something to defend yourself with when rejecting

an organized crime flunky?

You know, people who invents things, are not necessarily a good tactician/strategist. Even Tony Stark didn't think to create some absolute protection like Iron Man suit before he's actually taken hostage. :P

Smart, she may be. But naive, she sure is.

Plus ^this.

ooh interesting premise... Accepting a contract before age of maturity.

What if she was asked at age of 13 and she was 18? can the contract be nullified?

Or is it something about age of consent?

Typically a person under legal age who enters into a contract without parental or guardian consent has a given amount of time to ratify or rescind said contract, which is why most reputable places don't enter into such contracts without parents acting as co-signatures.  Often this period is valid until the party reaches legal age (18) at which time they are usually given a window to repudiate but are then beholden to standard contract law after the duration.  If you're considering the USA it varies state to state but is USUALLY like that, but in Japan there is a five-year period hard-set for this issue presumably to protect minors working in the entertainment industry, so if this other world had been using US law yakuza-man might have been on stronger footing, but since it's Japanese law he gets the big NOPE.

The real question that should be asked is whether the Japanese legal rules can be applied as "retroactive law", or rather whether they have the right to impose them on agreements made prior to the passing of said laws.

Well, given the results I guess the answer there is "yes", unless yakuza henchman B got played unknowingly.

ooh interesting premise... Accepting a contract before age of maturity.

What if she was asked at age of 13 and she was 18? can the contract be nullified?

Or is it something about age of consent?

Girl, for someone so smart, you didn't think to create something to defend yourself with when rejecting

Smart, she may be. But naive, she sure is.

You think you've won?! Two can play that game, Boku wa shinitai.
I couldn't even read the chapter :/
Spoiler
Spoiler

As a nearsighted translator, this was a dream to read.

At first, I was confused at how I stopped understanding English. Then, I got the joke and laughed way harder than I expected to. Then, I just got irritated. Good job, Waterflame, you beautiful bastards. 

HA JOKES ON YOU I can read (some) romaji easily! I got the main context either way!

Cos I learn japan a bit I was reading this till 3 page, before I realize something is wrong.

you think your april fools would work on this weeb-infested shithole?

Think again

wwwwwwwwww

10/10 I laughed, I cried and other stuff too

Muda da, ore wa nihongo o shitteiru

Guys pls it's April fools.

Your upload has mixed Japanese and English my friend.

That wont work on me, I prefer romanji. 

As a phoenix wright/danganronpa/Etc fan, i instafollow this.

And the elf is cute too, so it's a nice bonus, eh.

In my years of studying law I've never met anyone who was both able to recall that many specific laws (clause, article no, general wording) AND fail the bar exam.

Granted, this is general stuff (physical assault, defence of necessity, disowning of children, theft within family, nullifying contracts with minors) that probably would've been reviewed in a classroom, so I'm still holding out hope he won't remember each and every article in every case.

Well the fact that God changed parts of the law may force him to review the book and at the same time learn more than her knew before or something.

In my years of studying law I've never met anyone who was both able to recall that many specific laws (clause, article no, general wording) AND fail the bar exam.

Granted, this is general stuff (physical assault, defence of necessity, disowning of children, theft within family, nullifying contracts with minors) that probably would've been reviewed in a classroom, so I'm still holding out hope he won't remember each and every article in every case.

This isekai reminds me of the Korean LN Dungeon Defense the Prontagonist looks like dantalian

Does the author have a phobia of adult women or something? The only adult female in this manga is the apparent villain while the author keeps surrounding the MC with kids left and right.

Again, isekai series. Adult women scare the main demographic.

Plus, Christmas Cake yadda yadda yadda

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics