Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 106votes)

Takamagahara

Alt Names: alt タカマガハラalt Takama-ga-hara
Author: Kawai Juzou
Artist: Kawai Juzou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inside of every human lie dormant superpowers. Our main characters is one of the 5 yamada brothers, who are known for their brutal strength. Even though his brothers are strong and seek strength, he, Yamato, has no interest in seeking strength. Yamato wants to draw manga. Later on, his normal life will end on that day by him awakening his hidden dormant divine gift.
Go to Takamagahara Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Time Skip New Window Silent44
  • 2 Replies
Topic What do you think? New Window EndlessNight
  • 5 Replies

238 Comments

how was this not original... you guys complain about anything... the pacing, art, and arcs felt pretty unique to me. it's not at all formulaic like everything else jump is known for, and that unfamiliarity is more than likely what made it lose in the rankings. but that's not bad. hopefully in the future jump readers will give stuff like this a chance and we can get more, different stories out there to read. i give this an 8/10 it wasn't as bad as a lot of you made it seem, but it obviously wasn't a masterpiece either.
generic as hell, but as a light read I enjoyed it ^^
Awwww, that's disappointing; I mean sure, the plot started out completely generic and playing too heavily with the standard shounen archetype, but I felt it still had a lot of potential... Look at Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach, which all followed the same formula, they're all now some of the most well-known series in the world currently... Oh well, Jump is one of the most competitive weeklys, if not the most... still sad to see it end.
with gender bender in the mix it just got to weird now
and need that tag now
Manga ends next chapter, it's been a good run but unfortunately I found this manga too generic for a shounen manga, but I still enjoyed it though.

But a lot of mangas are ending though...Hitman Reborn is ending in fact
I actually really liked how it played off the corniness of the average manga, and got sort of serious, wish it would have continued :/
Apparently chapter 17 is the last chapter. I'm honestly not surprised. The series seemed to be missing something that prevented it from being truly great. It did what it did pretty well, but not quite overwhelmingly enough to make up for all the little things. Hopefully the mangaka sticks with it and tries again.
I seems its getting cancelled, I hope not, but the jump announced three new releases from November, and so far the only confirmed to end is reborn
I really enjoy this manga. It's currently one of my favorites. Why is it at the bottom of the rankings? I easily rate it in the top 5.
i find it funny when people complain about originality when reading a jump manga. the only thing original about jump is the name.
Hey is this series getting canceled? A time skip this early is not a good sign.
To change sexes at will...bet Ranma wishes he had that power.
that power's so useless somebody in Misfits had it.
now see what you guys did you guys complained that the childhood friend looked to much like a boy and now this happens i hope your happy -_-"
The main enemy and a time skip this early in the manga?.... This does not bode well...
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Spoiler
well, this manga ends on chap 17 :P lol who didn't guess that :P lol oh well... lack of originality = gets cancelled i guess :P
i don't think the protoganist's power is self-buffing but according to me more along the lines of the demon king or a dragon since only his strenghth is shown and and also the protoganist's may also be an indirect power type as the story elongates. just my guess no hard proof and sorry if i hurt somebody.
lol... one of the building is like only two classrooms that is stacked two- three stories... so six at most? lol.
I actually enjoyed chapter 15

Also I think I figured the main characters power out: Self-Buffing
need more redarwers peeps :P pm me if interested... SERIOUSLY APPLY, delays are all cuz there is lots of redraws, and less redrawers! :P
The name of this manga felt nostalgic to me..
And sure enough. There is a manga I love called Dream Saga, where the non-human world is called Takamagahara..
It's almost November. Axing time's coming.
Well I'm really enjoying this manga right now, the story is really interesting
super strength, super endurance, super hearing? next thing you know he'll be firing lasers outta his eyes and flying...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics