Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 107votes)

Amanchu!

Alt Names: alt Amanchualt あまんちゅ!alt 藍海少女alt 海之少女
Author: Amano Kozue
Artist: Amano Kozue
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hikari Kohinata is a cheerful 15 year-old girl who lives near the ocean and she spends much of her time diving as a result. On her first day of high school, she meets a teacher who also likes scuba diving. There's also a 16 year-old classmate, Futaba, who gets dragged along in Hikari's maelstrom as soon as they meet at school.
Go to Amanchu! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

165 Comments

I really like it, and it feels like a cute shoujo ai. I only wish the artist would spend less time with Hikari in that silly face, 6 chapters in and it still bugs me.

That type of face is a signature of the Author if you read Aria it's in there a lot as well.

Gonna remove the Tragedy tag,

Seems like trolling or a mistake.

I really like it, and it feels like a cute shoujo ai. I only wish the artist would spend less time with Hikari in that silly face, 6 chapters in and it still bugs me.

Also, someone added Tragedy tag?

I just love the art of this manga SO MUCH! Everything is so adorable and calming! Thanks for the releases!

Biggest tragedy ever.

go read amano kozue for any of your cute + calm dose :D

i love this and aria+aqua

Dotty Teko

I prefer Teko myself. You should never replace names with their translations, even nicknames. A translation note or such will suffice.

Café's translation is a bit weird, why does Dotty become Teko? And the use of "nip slip" is jarring, it doesn't really match the rest of the language.

Aside from that, thanks for the chapter.

Hi, this is pikari, an editor for Cafe Scans. I agree that some things in chapter 36 were akward. This is a new team who is unfamilar with this series. I'm doing my best to make corrections.

The reason that Teko was used instead of Dotty was because it was easier for the translators. We don't have a permanent translator yet so its easier to let them use the japanese reading. If you don't remember, Teko refers to her "dotty" plucked eyebrows.

Nip slip was used because the literal translation was "boob hider" and I couldn't come up with up with anything better.

It would be great if you could take some of these comments and put them onto our forum: cafescans.boards.net. It would let our leadership how much people care about this series directly. It would be even better if you could join the team as a proofreader. Currently, I'm doing most of it for this project.

Thanks for the comments.

Café's translation is a bit weird, why does Dotty become Teko? And the use of "nip slip" is jarring, it doesn't really match the rest of the language.

Aside from that, thanks for the chapter.

My Ane-chan-senpai can't be this cute!

Thanks Café scans <3

I wonder what causes post dive fatigue. I always thought it was due to your body having to work harder in the cold water plus dehydration, but I still got it even after diving in 31 degree C water where I got hot plus had heaps too drink. Nitrox definitely reduces it so maybe something to do with carbon dioxide build up or the nitrogen loading. It is nice though when diving overseas or on a liveaboard boat where you dive in the morning and nap in the arvo. Relaxing

The things you've mentioned are correct but don't forget that while you're underwater you're under much more pressure. Thus not only must you equalize your ears but also each and every movement you make under water will meet a lot more resistance than if it were made on the surface (it will also obviously increase as you go deeper) but since while diving people tend to not go fast (you'd not only use up your air faster but you'd also miss on a lot of lovely sights) and are usually entertained with the seascape, only when they end their dive and go to the surface do they notice the muscle fatigue.

Also, I don't know about you but I have to carry most of my material to the boat (and the way back too) and just putting the equipment on can be pretty physically tiring as well...

Back to yuri leanings, PLG?  What happened to the love between pixies and small elephants?

You mean I never mentioned the gender of the pixies and small elephants?

No Group, thanks for even a "machine translation" of Amanchu.  Like Ashinano Hitoshi, Amano Sensei writes about a world that's different from our everyday life (and nicer, in my opinion), and a new chapter is very, well, refreshing.

Well, except for maybe/sort of each other.  

Back to yuri leanings, PLG?  What happened to the love between pixies and small elephants?

that moment of peace and calm is always nice, looking at the bustling.

Yay update!

Nooooo. Not my Ai. You leave her alone Peter.

Her and Dotty need to remain single the entire manga.

Well, except for maybe/sort of each other.  But yeah.

I was all ready to go "Wow, Amanchu and Nukoduke in one day!  My cuteness quotient is massively overflowed!" . . . and then Amanchu wasn't so much cute as vaguely frightening.  Whaaat?!

Nooooo. Not my Ai. You leave her alone Peter.

Her and Dotty need to remain single the entire manga.

is that supposed to be peter pan? damn, you better run girl

Ah what a lovely manga. Can't believe I didn't pick this up earlier.

Amanchu volume 8 cover:

Spoiler

Amanchu volume 8 Limited Edition cover:​

Spoiler

Amanchu!!!!!

A dotty-less chapter...D;

Still good though.

xD

Thanks, Teatime.  Having a chapter of Amanchu to read over Sunday morning tea made the day a lot brighter.  I really loved the octopus chapter.  Ever since seeing Jaques Cousteau's special, "Octopus, octopus" I've been a fan of what is probably the smartest non-mammalian species on earth.  It has it's downside, though, as I can't bring myself to eat takoyaki.  (I just have to make do with squid instead.)

Agh man. I'm kind of torn. I love this series (as I do with all of Amano's work) so much that I find myself always wanting more, but I also notice that the season-long interval between chapters makes each one so much sweeter!

Not that any requests of any number of fans would be likely to change the release frequency. Amano has a child to raise now. Talk about a hard-working mother. I imagine that was the source of her inspiration for this chapter.

An update!

Thanks teatime, that was cute even if it was side-story-ish <3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics