Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 191votes)

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru

Alt Names: alt 東のくるめと隣のめぐる
Author: Abiko Yu
Artist: Abiko Yu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kousuke has a boring high-school life, but he sits next to his crush--the really popular, cute Tsukahara Meguru, who has a cool, stoic personality. One day, his parents announce that they're moving, but that he'll still be able to attend the same school. The new apartment building has a lovely river and friendly neighbors... and it is next door to where Tsukahara lives! Outside of school, she seems to have a completely different personality, friendly and a little quirky. She makes him promise not to tell the others at school how she acts at home, but why does she put on such an act for her classmates? [tethysdust]
Go to Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Halloween Full of Girls? New Window Fadamor
  • 0 Replies
Topic Need a translator!! New Window Kiddo
  • 1 Replies

308 Comments

Wow, four chapters in a row? Hell yeah, thanks Bosen!

So apparently Tsukahara's first love Tsubasa is actually a girl who looked and acted like a boy in the past? Well, that was unexpected. Let's see where this story goes from here.

And damn, those grannies are weird. Poor Tsubasa had to become the butt of their jokes... :/

Here I was thinking that Tsubasa would be a trap.

I have lingering thought that she's actually a guy cross dressing too lol.

Holy...! Batoto just show me chapter 7 on my followed page and then I ended reading up to chapter 10... What a beautiful day!
And now what? Even if she doesn't like the other person the same way as before, she still can't get rid of those feelings... it's a difficult situation for our MC...

Yup, it got me surprised too. At the end of ch 7 it continued to ch 8 and i was like.. What the...?
Thank you Bosen Scans!
Holy...! Batoto just show me chapter 7 on my followed page and then I ended reading up to chapter 10... What a beautiful day!
And now what? Even if she doesn't like the other person the same way as before, she still can't get rid of those feelings... it's a difficult situation for our MC...

Thanks Bosen Scanlation for the 4-pack of chapters!!

Edit: Thinking about it, this situation reminded me of something I heard in Twin Spica's anime: "I can't beat a guy who isn't here anymore". In this case even if now Tsukahara knows the truth, the "tomboyish" Tsukasa remains still her first love even if "he" isn't here anymore...

Hm.  Not bad.

I'd say up to now the most important development by far for the MC is that he got the Afro seal of approval.

Oh Be careful there girl..you might not awaken his FLZ now....oh its a disaster...but maybe her first love whould be a lesbian...

but still a like that cat...one of the only reason a read this manga, and that cat jumping at the window its reminds me of the one i watch at youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZCXZyyuGow

She's not a lesbian, she is/was in love with the image of Tsubasa when she dressed and acted as a boy.

Did I miss something? Who the hell is tsubasa

nevermind

Well. So it is not a hot guy who a dead but lesbians?! rofl. Kousuke had no chance. :D

She's not a lesbian, she is/was in love with the image of Tsubasa when she dressed and acted as a boy.

Here I was thinking that Tsubasa would be a trap.

Well. So it is not a hot guy who a dead but lesbians?! rofl. Kousuke had no chance. :D

Now, he just need to aim a lil' bit lower.. (read : imouto)

She's probably in love with the hot guy from the picture who's dead or something. Sigh, another unrequited love manga...

That facial expression in the bottom right corner rofl

Spoiler

I think I somehow found myself in Hatsukoi Zombie again... except this time it's about a girl who fell in love with a crossdressing/orekko girl.

Here some drama, oops I take that back, everything is fine and chill. This manga is putting some false alarm for drama and proceeding at it's own chill phase lol.

ooo thanks !!

She's probably in love with the hot guy from the picture who's dead or something. Sigh, another unrequited love manga...

Spoiler
That plot twist tho.

Ohhh this a good one

The sleeping one is bad since it's most likely unethical and the person photographed usually shows his/her ugliest and most embarrassing face when sleeping; unlike the myth of when taking a photo of three person, the one i. The middle would die first

I guess that's why I don't hear that as myth often. As a myth, it says that the sleeping person's soul will be taken / trapped in the photo. Maybe just a very local myth.

By the way, about the myth with three person, sometimes I heard that it also applies to other odd number.

It's the same in Indonesia. 
It's also bad to take a picture of people sleeping. Is that the same for other Asia countries?

The sleeping one is bad since it's mostlikely unethical and the person photographed usually shows his/her ugliest and most embarrassing face when sleeping; unlike the myth of when taking a photo of three person, the one i. The middle would die first

It's the same in Indonesia. 

It's also bad to take a picture of people sleeping. Is that the same for other Asia countries?

yeah even in Philippines..i think its a Austro...Malay culture thing.....but not the sleeping ones 

So there is someone she loves at the past but something happened, huh.... this is going to be a mellow drama sooner or later \(-.- ")

Heh, looks like the cat got his tongue.

Everytime I see that cat, I don't know if it's adorable or freaky.

Maybe both?

Adorafreaky?

I really want that wearable cst mmm...

Thank you for a new release so soon on the heels of the last one, and for putting these out so quickly! You guys are the best.   ^_^

This manga is adorable... I really wish it had continued past two volumes, but I'm glad that we have that much left to look forward to. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that Abiko-sensei will have continuing success.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics