Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 43votes)

Kakushigoto

Alt Names: alt かくしごとalt Hidden Things
Author: Kumeta Kouji
Artist: Kumeta Kouji
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This story is about Gotou Kakushi, an artist who draws a somewhat vulgar manga, and tries to hide it for the sake of his daughter, Hime. A father-daughter tale of love and laughter.
Go to Kakushigoto Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

34 Comments

Reupload because chapter 11 was missing a page.

hime's classmates... sure looks like incarnations of itoshiki's students;

hairstyle aside,
chiri kitsu <> kicchi riko (both have kicchiri - 'properness' in their name)
kobushi abiru <> kobu sylvia (sylvia romanized in japanese is 'shi ru bi a'. kobu shirubia is a direct anagram of kobushi abiru)
hitou nami <> toumi hina, another anagram
the unnamed, shorthaired one with straight bangs in ch7 resembles tsunetsuki matoi
the tanabata written by 'ru' in ch7 is probably otonashi meru

if not for their name revealed, i'd thought they are them, and this actually happened before zetsubou sensei :v
and not to mention both series' main lead, itoshiki and gotou have jobs that entitle them with 'sensei'

Lol, hispter nest is so on point mmm...

if this is going to be animated, i can just imagine hime having the same voice as maria tarou

I know batoto descriptions are usually terrible but this is just surreal

Surrealism is an art, so is this manga, thanks for scanlating this series mmm...

What is your point, its not like that isnt true, the promotional 4-page art for this literally showed what that description says and its not like its wrong either. Except for the “the manga begins with  […]” part, which again, isnt really ann's fault anyway. What is hidden in the pandoras box is that

Spoiler

The manga begins with a girl, and the text "What were you hiding in that Pandora's box?" The margin text reads, "The melancholy girl is heading to a new serialized series." In further panels, the girl takes a walk behind the train station of the town, which she describes as a major tourist attraction. She climbs a hundred steps to arrive at a shed. She unlocks the shed, revealing through her thoughts that she is 18-years old. On the last page, she discovers pages of manga strewn about and arranged on shelves. The margin text on the last page reads, "We will open the curtain back in time, to the story of one lone manga creator." [ANN]

In case if you're asking, both characters' names have hidden meaning.

If you switch the family name and surname, it can be read as Kakushigoto and Himegoto, both mean hidden thing.

Somebody, please translate this.

Or at least turn the texts into romaji, so i can translate it myself

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics