Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 166votes)

Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter

Alt Names: alt Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughteralt 公爵千金的爱好alt 公爵令嬢の嗜みalt Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughteralt Kōshaku Reijō no Tashinamialt Koshaku Reijo no Tashinamialt Koushaku Reijou no Tashinamialt Simply Good Sense for a Duke’s Daughter
Author: Reia
Artist: Umemiya Suki
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Although she had reincarnated as a the daughter of a Duke's house, by the time she regained her memories, the Ending was already here.

"After he cancels my engagement, the story would have me confined to a church. Where can I find my happy ending?"

---
A woman gets hit by a truck and gets sent to the world of an otome game that she had played earlier that same day. However, instead of reincarnating into the main character and focus of the harem, she is fused into the soul of the game's antagonist, the protagonist's rival, and recalled this at the moment she is about to be sentenced to a "bad ending:" isolation in a nunnery.
---

Original Source: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000012/

Web Novel Translation: http://japtem.com/projects/dd-toc/
Go to Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw? New Window shaoxin54
  • 0 Replies
Topic Dont Drop this manga!.. This manga need to be Animated in Anime New Window kingpipot89
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light/Web Novel Discussion (spoilers) New Window mizuouji
  • 1 Replies
Topic Translations New Window reanseih
  • 0 Replies

245 Comments

This manga adaptation is really nice. It expands on what I recall were short, descriptive narratives in the webnovel into more substantive, expressive scenes, giving the orphan brigade much-needed screen time to develop, build chemistry with Iris and with each other.

I don't know if this is because a light novel was (re-)written with these expanded scenes, or if the mangaka themselves added them in; regardless, it is a good improvement. I just hope this isn't one of those many "promotional" manga that ended in a few volumes with the main story barely even starting, like most of them have been.

P.S. #FreeImouto #YesLolitaNoTouch

Spoiler

Spoiler

Who is Yuri lol? I haven't seen her.

Spoiler

Who is Yuri lol? I haven't seen her.

Spoiler

Spoiler

You guys should read the novel; I am absolutely obsessed with it! 

Ok stop talking about the light novel and how far it is... matter of fact comments are open on Japtem so you guys can chat it up there but here let's keep the manga discussion going instead of spoiling the story for others.

SIDE NOTE: The guys translating the manga also have light novel stories I really recommend reading.

"Kenkyo Kenjitsu"

Spoiler

Not that far off, it has the same effects on people, just depends on the dosages. That's why it's somewhat regulated, so that you won't find anything processed with 100% cacao.

Spoiler

I think cocoa is more useful for chocolate before that.

Interestingly, cocoa was originally used in a coffee-like beverage. It was only in the mid-1800s that solid chocolate was invented.

Spoiler

Poor imouto.

She doesn't have a single ally.

She is just a prey and everyone else is the hunter.

I'm still not entirely sure whether I'm following this series for Iris, or the concerned Imouto's diary. She might be able to escape the immediate danger by manipulating her two closest threats into liking Onee-sans and Otoutos...

Iris with shiny eyes, she looks so cute and kidlike.

So it's like saying "deeeesu" or "-maaaasu" at the end? I'm even more curious now haha. I kinda want to see the raws and see for myself.

You should. I did a terrible job in replicating it.

It's actually not.

The way she talks is just a bit breathier, and she has a habit of elongating certain sentence endings.

So it's like saying "deeeesu" or "-maaaasu" at the end? I'm even more curious now haha. I kinda want to see the raws and see for myself.

Spoiler

Poor imouto.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Poor imouto.

she dun discovered coffee.

I think cocoa is more useful for chocolate before that.

she dun discovered coffee.

i love this manga version, its give me Dida X Tanya vibe

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

We already pointed it out: that's pure conjecture and IMO the idea isn't THAT bad, only that it needs temperance: instead of disbanding the military reduce its size to a more rationalized volume and use the money to organize a series of "soup kitchens" that will serve as a bottomline method to avoid starvation. It's part of welfare state, to ensure that your population, should things be dire for'em,  doesn't die from hunger.

The problem is that in the Royal capital where they want to institute the soup kitchens, there aren't that many that are so poor they need a soup kitchen. Even Iris' father and brother(who loves Yuri) could see that it was purely a popularity grab to open the soup kitchens. They also can't reduce the military because they are still officially at war with a neighboring country. They haven't gone hot in a few years, but there is no official treaty or ceasefire. It can go hot at anytime.

Yuri always ask for expensive gifts. So much so that between Yuri and the second prince's mom, they are squeezing the royal treasury.

Yuri is either incredibly selfish and naive or is actively trying to sabotage the country through some elaborate honey trap. And some of the more recent chapters point to the second option.

Well, Yuri did intentionally pursue a relationship with an engaged guy. And when the MC tried to fight back against it she was shamed publicly by having the prince break the engagement, and having her brother side with her opposition.

Spoiler

We already pointed it out: that's pure conjecture and IMO the idea isn't THAT bad, only that it needs temperance: instead of disbanding the military reduce its size to a more rationalized volume and use the money to organize a series of "soup kitchens" that will serve as a bottomline method to avoid starvation. It's part of welfare state, to ensure that your population, should things be dire for'em,  doesn't die from hunger.

She adapted a little to easy, instantly I would say, to the whole situation that is a little mood breaking in the first chapters.

Even if she is fast thinking,  self-confident and change mentality towards the new persona (like in Overlord) don't be a little confused and surpreside is very weird.

Anyway I love main characters like Iris, so its fine before a few chapters...

She adapted because her personality is not Tokyo tax accountant with a memories of her life as a duke's daughter. Her personality is a gestalt of Iris and the previous life. So she has a perfect understanding of the culture and how to act as a nobility because her personality has been nobility for 1x years.

It isn't a comparable situation to Overlord, where Ainz was a salaryman but is now trying to be what he thinks an Overlord shoud be. Iris is both a teen noble and the knowledge and feelings of her past life.

She had to make quick adjustments because she knew that saying the wrong thing would end up with her in a convent.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics