Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 191votes)

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru

Alt Names: alt 東のくるめと隣のめぐる
Author: Abiko Yu
Artist: Abiko Yu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kousuke has a boring high-school life, but he sits next to his crush--the really popular, cute Tsukahara Meguru, who has a cool, stoic personality. One day, his parents announce that they're moving, but that he'll still be able to attend the same school. The new apartment building has a lovely river and friendly neighbors... and it is next door to where Tsukahara lives! Outside of school, she seems to have a completely different personality, friendly and a little quirky. She makes him promise not to tell the others at school how she acts at home, but why does she put on such an act for her classmates? [tethysdust]
Go to Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Halloween Full of Girls? New Window Fadamor
  • 0 Replies
Topic Need a translator!! New Window Kiddo
  • 1 Replies

308 Comments

Wait what? I haven't check on this manga for quite some times and suddenly there's a harem tag?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Can somebody explain this shit to me this please

Checked the raws, it says 10月31日 so... yeah, it should be October ;p

Also I'm a bit sad because apparently the manga ends on chapter 25, but apparently it's not a rushed or axed ending.

Where did you hear that?
Thanks for the chapters, Bosen!!

imouto... kawaiifu

The amusing thing is, some of the Roman months we use do that too, but they're off by two, I believe because emperors Julius and Augustus stuck their own months (July, August) in front and wrecked the count.  So Sept-ember through Dec-ember are numbered months with the number messed up.

Actually July and August were not additions but substitutions of other months originally called Quintilis (= fift month) and Sextilis (=sixt month). The original Roman year started with today's March and was 10 months long since Romans lived Winter as a season without months and an undefined number of days (thing that helped avoiding stumbling with inconsistencies between the calendar and the actual seasons after several years). The calendar of 304 days just started with the beginning of Spring.

Later a roman King "fixed" winter by adding two extra months that became January and February and an extra 13th month that was occasionally used to realign the seasons (just like we use 29 february today).

Even later Iulius Caesar introduced the solar calendar that could split the year accurately in 12 months.

July was named in memory of Iulius Caesar (that never became emperor: when Caesar died Rome was still a republic) after his death; August indeed was named after emperor Augustus.

As a side note February is the shortest month because Augustus couldn't accept that "his" month was shorter than the one named after Caesar. So one day was removed from February to make August 31 days long.

I think that was out of necessity. They are autumn and winter months and it's hard to associate a deity or a festive activity with the colder and gloomier period of the year.

July and August are autumn and winter months?

The amusing thing is, some of the Roman months we use do that too

I think that was out of necessity. They are autumn and winter months and it's hard to associate a deity or a festive activity with the colder and gloomier period of the year.

Did the MC just unknowingly became the center of a harem?

Like every harem MC

Did the MC just unknowingly became the center of a harem?

The translator probably just counted wrong. Thing is, months in japanese have no "special" names, they just go by the number of the month and add gatsu. Ichigatsu, nigatsu, sangatsu etc. etc.

The amusing thing is, some of the Roman months we use do that too, but they're off by two, I believe because emperors Julius and Augustus stuck their own months (July, August) in front and wrecked the count.  So Sept-ember through Dec-ember are numbered months with the number messed up.

The translator probably just counted wrong. Thing is, months in japanese have no "special" names, they just go by the number of the month and add gatsu. Ichigatsu, nigatsu, sangatsu etc. etc.

So tl never writes dates like 10/31 or 31/10?

There isn't even a 31st in September lol

Neighbor-zoned!

isn't Halloween the 31th of october??

There isn't even a 31st in September lol
Yeah, i counted the month wrong lol, i'll fix it later.

Checked the raws, it says 10月31日 so... yeah, it should be October ;p

Also I'm a bit sad because apparently the manga ends on chapter 25, but apparently it's not a rushed or axed ending.

It's hard to tell whether Meguru is still

Spoiler

All in all, interested to see where this is heading. All I have to say is.. fat kid better not win.

I'd be ok with that. The fat kid seems like a good fellow and I feel like Tsubasa is a better fit with Kousuke

It's hard to tell whether Meguru is still

Spoiler

All in all, interested to see where this is heading. All I have to say is.. fat kid better not win.

This is confusing.

Spoiler

Chapter 10, page 14 should make it clear enough :P

Oooh, cool! I'm guessing this means there's going to be a Zegapain / Meguru crossover?

(Mind you, Zegapain wasn't bad - especially the music. But I'm not sure I see why Zegapain would be relevant to Meguru.)

I think he's referring to Chapter 8 page 12 where Zegapain is parodied as Zepgain. Well i myself never watch it though.

This is confusing.

Spoiler

Punctuation: It helps.

This is confusing.

Spoiler

Oooh, cool! I'm guessing this means there's going to be a Zegapain / Meguru crossover?

(Mind you, Zegapain wasn't bad - especially the music. But I'm not sure I see why Zegapain would be relevant to Meguru.)

So much misunderstandings 

I really really want an afro cat.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics