Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

Thank you!!! TDX!!!!!!!!!

afdsjfhsdk. Harada-sensei!!!!!! 

3 chapters on april fools! Well, I'll be the happy fool =D

Thanks TDX for all your hard work!

Chihayafuru on the Be Love #08 cover:

Spoiler

Conan Edogawa by Yuki Suetsugu (Chihayafuru author) and Chihaya Ayase by Gosho Aoyama (Detective Conan author):

Spoiler

So no more hope for Taichi x Chihaya?

/cryinginthecorner

Well, Chihaya was just remembering Arata's confession - it's not like she confessed back to him.

I really wish the author would introduce a new heroine for either Taichi or Arata - I'd be perfectly fine with either ending up with Chihaya, but if Taichi loses and all that's left for him is that shallow bint Hanano, I will rage.

So no more hope for Taichi x Chihaya?

/cryinginthecorner

hey! Does anyone know where chapters 50-88 are?

They haven't been scanned, but you can watch S2 of the anime to fill in the plot gaps.

hey! Does anyone know where chapters 50-88 are?

Arataaa + Chihayaa^^

i want Taichi to win Chihaya

that Meijin is a total S

I really like Suou-meijin outside of the game, but as a player, he's a right proper villain, isn't he?

Spoiler

Glorious.

Same here. I dropped the anime at some point, but even if I hadn't I won't skip any chapters just because I watched them animated (even if they were fairly faithful). I guess I'll just have to wait...

I hope it hasn't been dropped for all chapters before 89. If a scanlator group could just bear to pick it up for 41 more chapters and whatever missing chapters from 89 to the latest update =l

One word to describe what Suou said to Arata, burnlogo.png

still waiting for someone to translate 47- 89....  I am not going to read beyond 46 until they start translating those - can't they find the raws or something?

Same here. I dropped the anime at some point, but even if I hadn't I won't skip any chapters just because I watched them animated (even if they were fairly faithful). I guess I'll just have to wait...

Has someone, or could someone, make a list of plot points for the story? All the translation jumps and having watched the anime have left the whole story muddy in my brain, and I imagine I'm not the only one?

I kind of want Suou and Chihaya to, not date, but hang out with each other more. They make a good comedy duo.

Wow, someone actually did chapters 106-108. :D

Getting those on the same day as chapter 121, really a good day today and thanks whoever did them.

Dramatised karuta in a different sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDkzt6V0dxo&t=10s

On the front page of 119, I thought that other school's coach was Suou-meijin crossdressing.

I do wonder what Taichi's reaction would been if he find out what happened on chapter 119.

Spoiler

Arata and Taichi have one hell of a long and hard road ahead of them.

...and the drama begins.

Chihaya just climb up to my TOP Female Character. She's so funny, I didn't expect that from the Chapter 120 xD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics