Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 78votes)

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisanshou - Truth of Zero

Alt Names: alt Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 第三章 Truth of Zeroalt Re:제로에서 시작하는 이세계 생활 3장alt Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisanshou - Truth of Zero
Author: Nagatsuki Tappei
Artist: Matsuse Daichi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Suddenly a high-school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world and no sign of the one who summoned him things become worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru co-operates with the girl to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices the ability he gained "Returns by Death" a helpless boy that only has the ability to rewind time by dying. And beyond the despair can he save the girl from the fate of death!

adapted from the web novel and light novel series written by Nagatsuki Tappei with illustrations by Ootsuka Shinichirou

3rd part in the manga series.

Prequel (2nd part) :
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/rezero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu-dainishou-yashiki-no-shuukan-hen-r15374

Do not edit the title.
Go to Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisanshou - Truth of Zero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisanshou - Truth of Zero chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies

114 Comments

Spoiler

12c72ed530dc842b501aa75a3e7a230c9143008e

Spoiler

Does this mean the whale is stronger than a spirit who has a pact literally stating that he could cover the world in ice?

Welp.

No, it's not stronger, just annoying to deal with.

There's an alternate side-story that explains what happens in worlds where Pack is unleashed like this.

Spoiler

I haven't had a single clue as to what's been going on since the first few chapters. :P

Does this mean the whale is stronger than a spirit who has a pact literally stating that he could cover the world in ice?

Welp.

Right now, what is the chapter of the WN that this at?

Found a couple typos in chapter 20, I think; page 5 has "Ztelling me to kill...", page 11 has Betelgeuse's name as "Petelgeuse".  Maybe Subaru goofed, B-->P?  If the two letters are similar in Japanese, the name of the star is Betelgeuse for what it's worth (like Aldebaran, incidentally).

That is the thing, its writted with Be, but is spelled Pe intentionally, the author make it that way and is gonna be explained in the future.

That was a nice detail here.

Found a couple typos in chapter 20, I think; page 5 has "Ztelling me to kill...", page 11 has Betelgeuse's name as "Petelgeuse".  Maybe Subaru goofed, B-->P?  If the two letters are similar in Japanese, the name of the star is Betelgeuse for what it's worth (like Aldebaran, incidentally).

You mean, Al-debaran; my stress level increases every time someone calls it Al-de-baran, like some twisted french noble.

Edit 2: On Subaru's line on Ch 19 pages 23—25, I'm a little curious as to what the original text was.  It looks like he's talking to her, but it'd be rather out of character for him to say that line to her, not to mention that it happens to apply pretty well to his own situation.  I'm guessing its supposed to be ambiguous as to whether he's talking to her or himself?

Yeah, he's basically being self-deprecating. This loop is turning out to be complete bust like the other ones and he's reaching his limits emotionally.

Is the artist name listed correctly?  Shouldn't マツセダイチ be matsuSE daichi? Or am I looking at the wrong moon-runes?

Edit: Coming here from arc 2, and while Daichi's work looks fine and seems good at showing the cute stuff, Fuugetsu Makoto's style suited the series' tone really well, especially with showing the psychological side of things. Daichi's maybe seems a little too abstracted?  Again, Daichi's done a good job here, but seeing similar material and character designs, its an opportunity for me to see how two different artists can interpret and impact the same author's work.

Edit 2: On Subaru's line on Ch 19 pages 23—25, I'm a little curious as to what the original text was.  It looks like he's talking to her, but it'd be rather out of character for him to say that line to her, not to mention that it happens to apply pretty well to his own situation.  I'm guessing its supposed to be ambiguous as to whether he's talking to her or himself?

Well shit, just tell all your enemies your secret, it's like Power Word: Kill.

first, you mess up with the spoiler tag

second, really??

Spoiler

yah..

Spoiler

Spoiler

first, you mess up with the spoiler tag

second, really??

Spoiler

Hakugei looks delicious.

I'm Arc II's translator, but every TL has the right to romanise katakana however they wish in general since there isn't really a 'right' way, as compared to hiragana/kanji expressions where there really can be 'right' and 'wrong' translations.

Arc III's being translated by someone else. I hear he's using some additional source material as the source of the romanisations.

Where I'm concerned though, I usually go by a general rule of:

• Following the spelling in a name's native language, if available, for like French, German, Norse etc names, including umlauts and whatever other special non-english characters if necessary
  • If the above is unavailable, defaulting to the nearest equivalent natural spelling in English
  • If the above is unavailable, using spelling that is most likely to result in a native-English reader pronouncing it in the closest possible way to the Japanese katakana.
'Balls' is a result of rule #2 even though a direct transliteration would be 'Barusu', and it made enough sense that I found it unlikely that this wasn't an intended joke.

Other cases where our romanisations differ include 'Lam/Ram' vs 'Lem/Rem', where Japanese has actually neither L nor R, but a sound in between the two - this is the origin of the term 'Engrish', referring to how they tend to screw up reading English words since everything that has an R would sound too similar to L when read by a Japanese reader, and anything that has an L would sound too similar to R.

Both romanisations are thus technically correct, but I settled on the L version as per rule #3, since most UKSE readers, at least, would read 'Lam' as 'lɑːm' which is pretty close to ラム , while 'Ram' would normally be read as 'ræm' by a native-English reader. 'Rum' and 'Rem' were also possible since rʌm is close to ラム, but that would lose the a-vowel, a tradeoff the L version wouldn't have to make. Since their names have to use the same initial consonant due to their sister relationship, something like 'lam and rem' would be inappropriate. Along the same lines, while we coincidentally ended up using the same rendering of 'Emilia', should a future translator decide on 'Emiria' it would still be technically correct.

パック would become 'Pakku', which could be 'Pack', 'Pak', 'Pakku', 'Park' or 'Puck' among other possibilities. Since the version 'Puck' chosen by Zero Arc I's translator already fulfilled my #3 rule of sounding to an English reader how a Japanese person would read the katakana, I kept that version for continuity's sake.

When Zero III's translation began I did transfer the katakana rendering choices I made for consistency's sake, but it seems Zero III's translator chose to use the abovementioned source material which romanised it differently instead.

Romanisation choices, along with phrasing style, differs from TL to TL, so for this reason we usually keep TLs and PRs consistent within a manga series, but since this particular series does different story arcs in two different magazines at once, we have different TLs for each arc or else you'd have to wait pretty long for one TL to do both. That's why this case is a bit special.

If you want more info re: what source material he's using you'd have to ask Arc III's translator.

Either way, I'm just posting this since some of you are questioning the differences that showed up. But it's not very nice to call a romanisation choice a 'stupid translation', regardless of which version you prefer. We all do the best we can to TL these series because we like them; if you believe you can do better, I believe Teras always welcomes new TL applicants.

Spoiler

Its not just a translation issue, you have to consider what they sound like to most people and whether they are masculine/feminine names.

Rem sounds more femine than Lem IMHO. Infact, i think theres a male character in Jormugand with the name of Lem. Lam seems to be more of a masculine name as well.

Emilia vs Emiria is simple because Emilia is an actual name, Emiria doesnt even show up on the baby name site I was using.

wait... 18?... and why the change of title?...

Subaru controlling a hand? Is that legit? Or just a fanart?

[Spoiler]It's legit. Subaru has already gained the power of Sloth by the end of the anime, even if they don't show or say so yet. He later gains the power of Greed as well[/Spoiler]

I'm not sure if that was even 0.01% of Reinhard's true power ^^;
Too bad Subarun might have to fight him in future :3

Spoiler

( source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=10143477 )

Subaru controlling a hand? Is that legit? Or just a fanart?

It was aclled "Balls" in the previous arc iirc. I'm not the translator, so not my fault ;P

I'm Arc II's translator, but every TL has the right to romanise katakana however they wish in general since there isn't really a 'right' way, as compared to hiragana/kanji expressions where there really can be 'right' and 'wrong' translations.

Arc III's being translated by someone else. I hear he's using some additional source material as the source of the romanisations.

Where I'm concerned though, I usually go by a general rule of:

• Following the spelling in a name's native language, if available, for like French, German, Norse etc names, including umlauts and whatever other special non-english characters if necessary
  • If the above is unavailable, defaulting to the nearest equivalent natural spelling in English
  • If the above is unavailable, using spelling that is most likely to result in a native-English reader pronouncing it in the closest possible way to the Japanese katakana.

'Balls' is a result of rule #2 even though a direct transliteration would be 'Barusu', and it made enough sense that I found it unlikely that this wasn't an intended joke.

Other cases where our romanisations differ include 'Lam/Ram' vs 'Lem/Rem', where Japanese has actually neither L nor R, but a sound in between the two - this is the origin of the term 'Engrish', referring to how they tend to screw up reading English words since everything that has an R would sound too similar to L when read by a Japanese reader, and anything that has an L would sound too similar to R.

Both romanisations are thus technically correct, but I settled on the L version as per rule #3, since most UKSE readers, at least, would read 'Lam' as 'lɑːm' which is pretty close to ラム , while 'Ram' would normally be read as 'ræm' by a native-English reader. 'Rum' and 'Rem' were also possible since rʌm is close to ラム, but that would lose the a-vowel, a tradeoff the L version wouldn't have to make. Since their names have to use the same initial consonant due to their sister relationship, something like 'lam and rem' would be inappropriate. Along the same lines, while we coincidentally ended up using the same rendering of 'Emilia', should a future translator decide on 'Emiria' it would still be technically correct.

パック would become 'Pakku', which could be 'Pack', 'Pak', 'Pakku', 'Park' or 'Puck' among other possibilities. Since the version 'Puck' chosen by Zero Arc I's translator already fulfilled my #3 rule of sounding to an English reader how a Japanese person would read the katakana, I kept that version for continuity's sake.

When Zero III's translation began I did transfer the katakana rendering choices I made for consistency's sake, but it seems Zero III's translator chose to use the abovementioned source material which romanised it differently instead.

Romanisation choices, along with phrasing style, differs from TL to TL, so for this reason we usually keep TLs and PRs consistent within a manga series, but since this particular series does different story arcs in two different magazines at once, we have different TLs for each arc or else you'd have to wait pretty long for one TL to do both. That's why this case is a bit special.

If you want more info re: what source material he's using you'd have to ask Arc III's translator.

Either way, I'm just posting this since some of you are questioning the differences that showed up. But it's not very nice to call a romanisation choice a 'stupid translation', regardless of which version you prefer. We all do the best we can to TL these series because we like them; if you believe you can do better, I believe Teras always welcomes new TL applicants.

Spoiler

Spoiler

subaru 0_0

I would've agreed with you if you at least used this pic...

Spoiler

or this...
Spoiler

but you're right... should've get with the times XD

Spoiler

Wrong pic.
This is how it's done now

Spoiler

I would've agreed with you if you at least used this pic...

Spoiler

or this...

Spoiler

but you're right... should've get with the times XD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics