Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

Oh ffs, give me my reunion already. Why the double cliffhanger. =(

Dear Cliffhanger, I hate you with a vengeance

Oh snap, progress!  This is getting better each release.  Thanks again for translating Funnuraba!

ooh exciting!

Ahhh what a cliffhanger!

Woah first encounter since that day but for what i read narumi

Spoiler

Yes! We're almost there. My most favorite part of the manga happens when they get to China and meet a certain someone. Thank you so much, funnuruba, for getting this far! ^O^

More chapters!

I'm so glad that after so many years this manga still has loyal fans.

Guy is that one douchebag friend everyone has. 

Updates? Can ya dig it?

Thanks for the new chapter!

Amazed this isn't more popular. Better than most current shounen series!

Thank you for the release!  I always look forward to reading new chapters of this.

Heads up, I'll be too busy this week to get a chapter out. We'll be back next week!

read this till vol 30+

at that time the heroine turning more human while the mc? turn more doll-ish

Why thank you for the spoilers

read this till vol 30+

at that time the heroine turning more human while the mc? turn more doll-ish

Thanks Funnuraba again :)

umm how long is this manga? mangaupdates has 3 differents lengths, one of 9V, another one of 23V and a last one of 43V,

Forty-three volumes long. That's how many tanks it originally took to tell the story. Well, the filler in the story did add some length to the story. The 23 volumes exist because a lot of the story was combined into omnibus editions. The 9 volumes are probably also combined editions.

(Also, if you've seen my lengthy review at MU, please take into consideration my Japanese wasn't as good as it is now. However, it's been years since I've seen the raws so I can't go over any small mistakes that I have made.  ^__^ )

umm how long is this manga? mangaupdates has 3 differents lengths, one of 9V, another one of 23V and a last one of 43V,

Just started this manga today, it's absolutely amazing! Thanks for the work funnuraba :)

Wow, I haven't read this in years. I've already forgotten everything except the name and that I liked it. I'm going to really enjoy rereading it while knowing its getting updates now! <3  Thank you!

I had to read some chapter but when I got a taste of it and like it so

please continue with the translation

holy cow. this manga is fking amazing! read all the chapters today. plz keep translating, thanks!

Not enough fan service...

The less fanservice, the better.

Anyways, I've already seen the raws a long time ago so I know what to expect. The story goes a bit deeper and darker.  Looking forward to when we go back to Narumi's side of the story.

This manga is highly underrated. It's quite a gem of a story right up to its ending, minus any minimal fanservice and filler parts.  As long as funnuraba keeps updating Karakuri, there should hopefully be more people getting attached to this story. It's long and epic, but worth it in the end.

Thanks for the new chapter :)

This beautiful, beautiful manga....How is there so little followers?

Not enough fan service...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics