Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 209votes)

Marginal Operation

Alt Names: alt マージナル・オペレーション
Author: Shibamura Yuri
Artist: Kimura Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30-year-old Japanese NEET joins a PMC in the Middle East and becomes the handler of some soldiers.

Adapted from the novel series of the same name.
Go to Marginal Operation Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel Translations Link New Window Alph
  • 1 Replies
Topic Marginal Operation RAW New Window Nefrytone
  • 9 Replies

269 Comments

Well damn me, that escalated quickly ;o

Out of all /ak/scans works maybe this is my current favourite mmm...

And if by any chance the Light Novel of this will be translated I'll read it right away mmm...

Well about that, you do realize there is a group doing that?
Spoiler

How about that for an awesome and gut-wrenching chapter. Kudos to the authors.

That one mystery solved. All that remains is the elf girl.

Haaa...Even though I already thought so from the beginning..Know it's true really is unpleasant...

I was kind of hoping he would find out and not react to it badly.

finally a new chapter. That said, I didn't expect Arata to find out about this so soon. I wonder what will happen next...guess we will find out sometime around late fall / early winter.

Man, I hate it when I play computer games and accidently end up killing people in real life.

DAT revelation :o

It wasn't really a bug when they click on attack and once they did it again they actually move it based on Arata judgement but they was too naive about it.

They should remember about first test they did when they press button and not act like a joke.

Lolts, naive much? What did he think he was doing that "game" for :D Shouldn't be that much of a shock when he did sign up for work where he would eventually have to deal with something like that. 

It's because the MC has issues with denial, which is a valid character flaw. This is consistent since the beginning. The other "employees", though, there's no frame of reference for. If you consider the grueling pace, it could be like Ender's Game, where they aren't given time to think about anything but winning, but because the author doesn't show us the possibility of the other "employees" being affected by mental fatigue (it's just quickly mentioned in passing from the MC's POV), who knows?

It wasn't really a bug when they click on attack and once they did it again they actually move it based on Arata judgement but they was too naive about it.

They should remember about first test they did when they press button and not act like a joke.

Lolts, naive much? What did he think he was doing that "game" for :D Shouldn't be that much of a shock when he did sign up for work where he would eventually have to deal with something like that. 

Ow... the dark truth comes faster than I thought mmm...

Now we just need to wait for the sick twist, I guess one of his dear friend will end up in terrible situation because of his incopetency (died, raped,tortured, etc), the best candidate will be that prostitute girl or Kishimoto mmm...

But that's still a bit far in the future I guess mmm...

"Have I killed people?"

Credits Page

Cheers!

Me: Nice

that was a great chapter, the cat had to come out of the bag someday

Out of all /ak/scans works maybe this is my current favourite mmm...

And if by any chance the Light Novel of this will be translated I'll read it right away mmm...

Not really fond of the scanlator page at the end asking for donations and posting rl pics (Not sure if it's from someone in staff doing fanservice or just random google results...)

But, I got intrigued, interesting story, and I now want to read more, loving the 'Japanese guy in foreign place trying to learn the language' more than the 'Enders Game' vibe, though

You know they are actually making fun of shit tier scanlators  who ask for donations, right? /ak/ does it for the fun, not the dosh.

Also, that's the actual president and CEO of /ak/, who happens to be swiss and into cosplaying as a little girl.

All and all, /ak/ is a classy outfit.

Based /ak/. Always finding interesting shit to read.

I just assume its someone wearing ear things or whom had plastic surgery

don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

need the English teaching girl become his woman asap.

the elf too would be nice.

you know absolutely nothing about the elf girl and you already ship her? Dafuq, man?

need the English teaching girl become his woman asap.

the elf too would be nice.

[...] Enders game twist made me feel like an idiot for watching it. I mean, with all that tecnology, interplanetary instant remote controls and such why the hell there were so much people on those ships? they were not even truly controlling them! and even if they were, with those same remote control tecnology there would've simply no need for them to be inside the ships. Once you think about this the wholy movie goes full retard.

For the Ender's Game question:

1., they might had not the brandwidth to do so. We only know from the book / movie that they had a way to instaneously communicate despite the distance, but we do not know how much information they could manage at the same time - remote controlling hundreds of ships simultaneously takes up a lot of brandwidth.

2., there are things you can only do if you are on the board of the ship: like repair, maintenance.

3., the crew of the surviving ships were meant to become colonists and start to colonize the conquered planets.

Enders game style twist is so obvious. Still awesome to read though.

Really? it remembers me more of Eureka 7. All is good for the protagonist, until he realizes what should've been obvious and goes into a frenzy...

Spoiler

Given that the author's obviously hinting that he's controlling a real mini squad, it would've been interesting if it turns to be a super-realistic-simulation-for-no-good-reason or something else entirely.

Looking forward to the explanation as to why the grunt units are so obedient. Realistically (in manga/anime-verse anyway), you woulda expect a few disobedient grunts that prioritize their comrades' lives than the orders from a captain that they don't even know. Heck, they even requested for evacuation orders pretty frequently and just suck it up whenever it's denied. I expected the mini squads to be (disposable) local militia of sorts given that they're used as 'training' materials but now they seems to pretty elite if they're able to carry out the commands effectively enough for someone to think it's a simulation program (imagine playing a tactical game and the frustration if your units refuse to move out of fear/compassion). And successfully sniping 3 guys in a go doesn't seem very easy either.

Actually after re-reading first chapter, let it not be another orphaned children trained as soulless war machine cliche =v=.

Wow almost still a lot of raw ch.

Almost...? How does that work?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics