Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 147votes)

Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Alt Names: alt 猫田のことが気になって仕方ない。alt I Can't Help but Be Curious about Nekota.alt I Can’t Help but Be Concerned about Nekota.alt I'm So Interested in Nekota That I Can't Help Myself.
Author: Oouta Rie
Artist: Oouta Rie
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Amane Mikiko, better known as Mikki, is an elementary school student who moves a lot and has to transfer schools often. As soon as she makes friends, she has to painfully say goodbye to them. She is determined to not make any new friends at her new school, but it doesn't exactly go her way... especially when she meets a boy with the head of a cat! But hold on... he only looks like that in her eyes?!
Go to Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

336 Comments

Wait thats Nekota?!
I legit thought that was a girl.
Look at that hair! And Kana?!
No way thats a boy's name.

God dammit Nekota
Holy catnip... They're osananajimis!
Wait thats Nekota?!
I legit thought that was a girl.
Look at that hair! And Kana?!
No way thats a boy's name.

Am I the only one checking multiple times a day to see if there's another update yet? I know it's not fair to place those kind of expectations on the Let's Not Fall in Love, but I still find myself checking anyway.

Now the chapter... Damn, little Nekota is such a cutie! I don't wanna see his face now, all grown up. Urg... 

[tongue in cheek]You're assuming it's Nekota?  Why, it could be anyone![/tongue in cheek]

Many thanks to Let's not Fall in Love for their hard work. So many chapters in such a short amount of time.

Now the chapter... Damn, little Nekota is such a cutie! I don't wanna see his face now, all grown up. Urg... 

So I'm rereading this and trying to figure out Nekota's first name.
...Was it actually never mentioned??

This is Oresama Teacher all over again.

That's an interesting question. Sure enough, she's about to hear his full name in the first chapter, but they get interrupted by someone else suddenly going "hey look it's Nekota!" and it seems like it doesn't come up again. Also an interesting point that I'd completely forgotten about until now: Mikki used to be the type of kid who didn't bother making friends and wasn't interested in other people, because she moved around too often to form lasting relationships. Maybe we'll see the start of that pessimism in this flashback, and also get some hints about Nekota's cat-face.

...Why that other girl could also see Nekota's cat-face is still a huge mystery to me, though...
lmao she hit him with the "who are you" twice! Plus baby Nekota is soo cute

So I'm rereading this and trying to figure out Nekota's first name.

...Was it actually never mentioned??

This is Oresama Teacher all over again.

.....who?

"You feel invincible just by being with them."

Man, that's a really nice way of describing a relationship.

I was kinda like Mikki in primary school in the sense that I was mostly pals with the boys, and it was always annoying as we got older when people (generally the girls who watched lots of romance dramas) would categorise us as 'liking' each other. Like, no?? We hang out and do cool fun stuff together?? If thats romance then what are friends???

I guess I just appreciate this manga a lot in that whatever becomes of Mikki and Nekota's relationship in the future, it's nice that they were able to be comfortable with each other and not worry about clearly defining their relationship (for about 30-ish chapters at least). There's been a lot more series recently that have been playing around with shojo manga conventions and it's nice :)

Considering that this is completed with 10 volumes and we are probably at the end of volume 8 (there are a total of 44.5 chapters) it makes sense that this is happening.

"You feel invincible just by being with them."

Man, that's a really nice way of describing a relationship.

I was kinda like Mikki in primary school in the sense that I was mostly pals with the boys, and it was always annoying as we got older when people (generally the girls who watched lots of romance dramas) would categorise us as 'liking' each other. Like, no?? We hang out and do cool fun stuff together?? If thats romance then what are friends???

I guess I just appreciate this manga a lot in that whatever becomes of Mikki and Nekota's relationship in the future, it's nice that they were able to be comfortable with each other and not worry about clearly defining their relationship (for about 30-ish chapters at least). There's been a lot more series recently that have been playing around with shojo manga conventions and it's nice :)

She makes a pretty cute mermaid.  A cat might want to eat her all up.

peter-parker-spider-man-i-saw-what-you-d

She makes a pretty cute mermaid.  A cat might want to eat her all up.

I like what happened in Ch 38.5 almost more than what happened in Ch 38.

giphy.gif
Holy shit, dude.

7drHiqr.gif

inb4 mikki lost interest because no cathead

Go after her quickkkkkkkkkkkk

OH YEAHHH LET THE PLOT BEGINS!

IT'S TIME

Fuck u cliff

I foresee Mikki launching an epidemic of forehead smacking/banging-head-against-wall for Nekota and readers in the future.

From how people were talking, I was expecting this chapter to be a lot less funny.

Nekota's face with his eyes closed page 22 (of chapter 36) is so.... so... weird.

I mean, what? Is that his nose or his mouth?

His mouth is sort of in between his fingers.  And when he's in human form he, as is only proper for this school of manga art, doesn't really have a nose.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics