Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.15 - 126votes)

Shihou Sekai no Ou

Alt Names: alt 四方世界の王alt 四方世界之王alt Shihou Sekai no Ohalt Sihousekai no Ou
Author: Sadakane Shinji
Artist: Amane Takashi
Genres: Action ActionFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the year 1800 B.C. there was an ancient city called Babilim, a very important trade center, and this is where a teenage boy named Namuru lives and attends school. Namuru is instantly attracted to the mysterious new girl in school, Shaz, and she later gets them in trouble with some street thugs when she steals from a merchant. However, Shaz removes the head of the attacker without killing him and scares the thugs away.

She explains to the confused Namuru that she possesses 1/50th blood of Marduk, the city of Babilim’s God of War, and that he does as well. With the blood of a god within him, she explains that they can tap into a small part of the almighty power to manipulate dimensions which in turn allows them to remove and transport objects (explaining the “beheading” of the street thug). What’s even more shocking is that Shaz wants Namuru to help her take over Babilim in order to destroy the kingdom! [vyc]
Go to Shihou Sekai no Ou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

156 Comments

Ibal Pi El's death flag is all over the place :(

I was thinking the same thing. School life in an period manga did not really feel natural to me.

Other than having girls there, and the student IDs, that's actually what Mesopotamian scribe schools were like. I think the thing about being forced to crawl was specifically mentioned in one of the accounts we have.

Oh, except they drank watered beer with their school lunches. Forgot that part. (Then again, we don't see anyone drink in the school...)

Actually a mercenary king is exactly what it sounds like. A person who uses combat as their primary method of expanding their sphere of influence. Also could be called a "Warlord" or a "Shogun". Different word but all mean pretty much the same thing. Someone who kills their enemies and takes their land.

No a bit different from warlord and Shogun as none of those terms imply the hiring of mercs or the hiring out of his own forces  (at least not as the primary means of increasing power/ expanding influence).

A person being called a mercenary king would probably be at least one of the following three( maybe more) types:

1. A king that uses a mercenaries as the bulk of his military forces or uses them in such great numbers that he becomes known for this.

2. A king who is known for hiring out his own soldiers to participate in foreign conflicts.

His grandson, Frederick the Great, referred to Frederick I as "the mercenary king," due to the fact that he greatly profited from the hiring of his Prussian troops to defend other territories, such as in northern Italy against the French.

-From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_I_of_Prussia#Marriages_and_children(quote of last paragraph of that section.)

3. A mercenary whose influence and power allows him to establish himself as king.

(Generally speaking) Prior to the Renaissance, the concept of a "professional army" didn't exist. Weapons and warfare were so basic that most "armies" were literally nothing more than farmers with weapons that were slightly more dangerous than farm tools.

I'd argue that the Roman Legions were professional "(for the most part). But on a more relevant point, there is some suggestion that Sumerians did employ professional soldiers in some capacity (possibly a standing army if you have complete faith in the clay tablets). I wouldn't be surprised if the successor kingdoms also had similar arrangements. The Assyrians certainly seemed have had a standing army.

And why are bringing up numbers when you're talking about soldier quality? The problem with historically quoted numbers is different and not related to professionalism of the combatants..

Someone with a much more skilled and better armed force than you.

(Generally speaking) Prior to the Renaissance, the concept of a "professional army" didn't exist. Weapons and warfare were so basic that most "armies" were literally nothing more than farmers with weapons that were slightly more dangerous than farm tools.

Its also why most historians laugh whenever someone tries to bring up numbers in military battles in ancient wars. (See: the movie '300' and then remember that the movie is actually based on a real battle)

Actually a mercenary king is exactly what it sounds like. A person who uses combat as their primary method of expanding their sphere of influence. Also could be called a "Warlord" or a "Shogun". Different word but all mean pretty much the same thing. Someone who kills their enemies and takes their land.

What the hell is a mercenary king anyway? A king for hire? A mercenary who became a king? A king who does mercenary work on the side?

Someone with a much more skilled and better armed force than you.

Its also why most historians laugh whenever someone tries to bring up numbers in military battles in ancient wars. (See: the movie '300' and then remember that the movie is actually based on a real battle)

would probably be best if you'd fix the spoiler in your quoting of albator

Fixed. I wonder why the quote button broke the spoiler tag...

Would it though?

Man-girl... best girl?

Horse Chariots... What sorcery is this!

Terrified... and strangely aroused.

aroused... no, nop!

Spoiler
If the artist drew H, I would be terrified of what he could come up with...

Spoiler

*clicks follow*

Spoiler

" This manga seems interesting, let's look at it..." - looks at this - " Nah, fuck this shit. I'm outta here!"

Spoiler

What the hell is a mercenary king anyway? A king for hire? A mercenary who became a king? A king who does mercenary work on the side?

A king of a kingdom whose main job is mercenary and has mercenary-centered policies?
Kinda like merchant city/state but mercenary?

Spoiler

I'm liking this so far, but what's with chapter 11, feels like it was all over the place :v

I also love how quickly the author abandoned the high school-in-Babylon shtick and just went with the flow. It worked out so much better.

I was thinking the same thing. School life in an period manga did not really feel natural to me.

shame that this only has 5 volumes T_T

Chapter 8 and then... 11

EGS has chapters 9 & 10 on their site, atleast.

edit: Appears they fixed it.

Chapter 8 and then... 11

Wow, unexpected Jitsu Wa crossover in chapter 6

Spoiler

Introducing! Sword-omine!

That's one spectacular way to capture a goddess. This boy, he's no wimp; I'm not even sure you would call him sane, exactly, being that self-preservation is a pretty important hallmark for the concept.

I also love how quickly the author abandoned the high school-in-Babylon shtick and just went with the flow. It worked out so much better.

Wow, unexpected Jitsu Wa crossover in chapter 6

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics