Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.19 - 63votes)

Tonari no Seki no Kobayashi-san

Alt Names: alt となりの席の小林さん。alt The Seat Next to me Kobayashi
Author: Chihara Mihashi
Artist: Chihara Mihashi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Because I want to see that smile of yours again."

http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=10420
Go to Tonari no Seki no Kobayashi-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

85 Comments

MC breaking the 4th wall lol.

Hmm... this persistence guy method seems working, let me try it in real life mmm...

I suggest you don't. Police call might be unavoidable.

Hmm... this persistence guy method seems working, let me try it in real life mmm...

At least MC can make a conversation with her now.

Pretty sure that's just artistic license in order to show the MC's perspective of the distance between the two characters.

Except it showed only his desk when it was focusing on 2 other people talking in the classroom as well.

"More Assertive it is!" lol. Gotta say, tho', that school must only have about 6 desks per classroom, given all the classroom scenes we've seen so far. So much wasted space....

Pretty sure that's just artistic license in order to show the MC's perspective of the distance between the two characters.

This feels less and less like a rom-com and more and more like the author's semi-masochistic romance fantasy with an Asuna look alike....

I've got nothing against relentlessly upbeat characters like the MC or strange and troubled characters like the main girl, but this is just ridiculous. They said she has androphobia, but rather than fear, it seems like she's just disgusted. Even Inami's androphobic reaction of punching men in Wagnaria!! was more realistic than this. At least she had a sense of guilt about her behavior after the fact, Kobayashi is so spaced out she doesn't even remember the MC's face after beating him numerous times. After all that, Sekiguchi almost seems to enjoy it, he even thinks its cute. I know what it's like to have a crush on someone and I know that she "has a good reason," but this is a bit too much of a stretch for me to suspend my disbelief.

I dunno from the chapter i really like the MC now i don't know maybe majority of the people here are not used to the MC making the first move like always shy and will take him 10+ chapters to finally get some balls and will probably ends in a failure confession cause reasons.

so yeah i like this MC his different pretty sure things will develop well (and fast cause well his not the typical MC) add some side character story and it could be longer 

The MC is pushing forward but he's not doing anything actually wrong. No bullying, no harassment, no anything. All he's doing is trying to interact with her by talking to her.

I dunno from the chapter i really like the MC now i don't know maybe majority of the people here are not used to the MC making the first move like always shy and will take him 10+ chapters to finally get some balls and will probably ends in a failure confession cause reasons.

so yeah i like this MC his different pretty sure things will develop well (and fast cause well his not the typical MC) add some side character story and it could be longer 

"More Assertive it is!" lol. Gotta say, tho', that school must only have about 6 desks per classroom, given all the classroom scenes we've seen so far. So much wasted space....

Can we change the main pair? Ch. 0.5 made it pretty clear who is best.

Yup. Brunette and Blondie is definitely my OTP.

I'm just annoyed the teacher so casually revealed a students secrets.

This author needs to go outside, meet some real people and see how real people interact.  This is just unrealistic, even by manga standards.

At least, it's still a "Work of action fiction".

People are just jealous that the mc is better at communicating with girl than them

people psychoanalyzing the series in the comments and i'm just here for cute romcom

Looked more like projecting.

Good for laughs.

This author needs to go outside, meet some real people and see how real people interact.  This is just unrealistic, even by manga standards.

The main character is too boring. He basically doesn't react to anything. So flat. I know he's supposed to be the earnest straight-forward happy-go-lucky type but this is a bit much.

The MC's too stupid. Sorry, I don't have any other words to desrcibe him. The blonde wingman should have been the MC, while the so called MC should have been present as comic relief instead. But then again this is supposed to be a romcom so...

Girl looks like Asuna from SAO

people psychoanalyzing the series in the comments and i'm just here for cute romcom

I will stick with webtoon for the same reason as the MC.

To see a deserving smile on her face once again.

You know what people, I think you guys should chill and wait for the next chapter release(currently being proofreaded). Because the way I see it, if you don't like the development on chapter 3 I don't think you can or will like the future development either.

Well, I certainly won't disagree with you there. I have viewed the raws of future chapters, and even with a virtually non-existent ability to read Japanese (except for ちよちゃん and 五十嵐くん), I can tell that I'd not like the way things are going. Too bad, since I like the art and I do enjoy a good Shoujo romance.

Nonetheless, keep up the good work! Love that gradient typesetting.

You know what people, I think you guys should chill and wait for the next chapter release(currently being proofreaded). Because the way I see it, if you don't like the development on chapter 3, I don't think you can or will like the future development either.

Purple Library Guy, on 12 May 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

Spoilering long boring argument

My apologies, but I haven't read your long boring argument as, frankly, I'm not interested enough in discussing this webtoon anymore.

@Svered - You guys are doing a great job with the scanlation. Thanks for your hard work!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics