Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 166votes)

Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter

Alt Names: alt Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughteralt 公爵千金的爱好alt 公爵令嬢の嗜みalt Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughteralt Kōshaku Reijō no Tashinamialt Koshaku Reijo no Tashinamialt Koushaku Reijou no Tashinamialt Simply Good Sense for a Duke’s Daughter
Author: Reia
Artist: Umemiya Suki
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Although she had reincarnated as a the daughter of a Duke's house, by the time she regained her memories, the Ending was already here.

"After he cancels my engagement, the story would have me confined to a church. Where can I find my happy ending?"

---
A woman gets hit by a truck and gets sent to the world of an otome game that she had played earlier that same day. However, instead of reincarnating into the main character and focus of the harem, she is fused into the soul of the game's antagonist, the protagonist's rival, and recalled this at the moment she is about to be sentenced to a "bad ending:" isolation in a nunnery.
---

Original Source: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000012/

Web Novel Translation: http://japtem.com/projects/dd-toc/
Go to Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw? New Window shaoxin54
  • 0 Replies
Topic Dont Drop this manga!.. This manga need to be Animated in Anime New Window kingpipot89
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light/Web Novel Discussion (spoilers) New Window mizuouji
  • 1 Replies
Topic Translations New Window reanseih
  • 0 Replies

245 Comments

sorry could someone tell me the status of this manga since i quite like it.

was it dropped? is it in hiatus?

In the light novel, the trip wasn't even described. So, it's really just the manga adaption's insistence on illustrating it, when there is no material to begin with.
Edit: Also, the manga delves much more into each servant's feelings, past, and/or relationship with Iris. in the light novel, they are not such major characters.
That being said, I've only read up to what has been translated. I could be very wrong in their perceived importance.

There are two versions of the novel. Original web novel, and later published light novel. LN has some parts expanded and/or rewritten, as far as I know. And manga is based on the LN version.

Now, what was translated into English is the web novel version. So the source material here is different from what you have read.

On another unrelated note, this manga is published in a seinen magazine - "Young Ace Up" by Kadokawa.

run imouto yo run for your life......we need a pedo bear police officer...T^T

She need to find Yuna-chan from Bear Bear Bear Kuma.  She helps all the loli's. ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

To be honest, though, it's a different form of the same thing that's common with isekai novels with a female protagonist.

Instead of OP superpowers, Iris basically goes from ordinary tax worker to someone who can establish a massive corporation (as of the current manga), establish banking (despite it being a revolutionary concept in the nation) perfectly without flaws, and become effectively a social super-star.  Even if it's not spirit bomb x50 or shooting god-beams of plot solving, it's still a form of heavy power fantasy.  You really see this in the webnovel, also, when

Spoiler

It's still a fun read, but it's definitely not novel or revolutionary in the slightest.  Female MC becoming a uber-competent governor/capitalist/etc. is pretty much a trope onto itself in the medium.

The difference is that Iris used her tax accounting skills to bring modern knowledge into a medieval world. This is very different from simply given OP powers. The former is the result of modern knowledge, the other is simply deus ex machina.

Iris doesnt instantly get a harem either. She has loyal servants, but no friends. The reasons why her servants are loyal to her are actually well established and make sense, unlike the typical isekai MC that instantly gets a harem of 10/10 girls who fall madly in love with a skinny teenager who shows zero romantic intentions towards them.

Most Isekai dont even come close. Theres one where a modern world chef gets transported into medieval japan that is similar, but its not another world really. While Drifters is set in another world, the focus is on historical characters killing each other with the use of fantasy world pawns.

I'm amazed that a japanese editor allowed this to get published in the first place.

>transported to other world
>doesn't get amazing OP powers
>no video game mechanics
>doesn't instantly get at least one love interest who remains madly in love with the MC even though the MC shows no interest in furthering the relationship
>doesn't become an adventurer while hiding his OP powers
>doesn't constanty add new love interests every few chapters
>characters actually behave somewhat like real people with their own emotions and goals instead of one dimensionally evil/stupid/good/etc caricatures

This breaks pretty much every unwritten rule that Japanese editors have for isekai stories. How did this manage to get published? Most Japanese editors would have browbeat the author into making the MC have OP powers and instantly getting a harem.

To be honest, though, it's a different form of the same thing that's common with isekai novels with a female protagonist.

Instead of OP superpowers, Iris basically goes from ordinary tax worker to someone who can establish a massive corporation (as of the current manga), establish banking (despite it being a revolutionary concept in the nation) perfectly without flaws, and become effectively a social super-star.  Even if it's not spirit bomb x50 or shooting god-beams of plot solving, it's still a form of heavy power fantasy.  You really see this in the webnovel, also, when

Spoiler

It's still a fun read, but it's definitely not novel or revolutionary in the slightest.  Female MC becoming a uber-competent governor/capitalist/etc. is pretty much a trope onto itself in the medium.

I think I would like this manga more if it didn't go quite so fast.  As soon as she does one thing she's already got another batch ready to go.  If they focused on one thing at a time it would allow for more character time.  I feel the improvements are the only thing going on mostly and her crew is just there to support her.  I mean, she was going to tour her fief and within a couple pages that was over with.

In the light novel, the trip wasn't even described. So, it's really just the manga adaption's insistence on illustrating it, when there is no material to begin with. It's no wonder it finished so quickly, with nothing much happening at all.

Edit: Also, the manga delves much more into each servant's feelings, past, and/or relationship with Iris. in the light novel, they are not such major characters. This might be why character development seems lacking in the manga - again, because there is not much source material to begin with. All her servants are given such distinct looks and personalities in the manga, which makes the lack of character and plot development odd. In the light novel though, that much is already clear - they are simply support characters. Their respective looks are not even described. If they had been given plain faces and pushed to the background in the manga, no one would think twice... Yet, the adaption gave them such flashy looks, so it can't be helped that their lack of development is so obvious.

That being said, I've only read up to what has been translated. I could be very wrong in their perceived importance.

Simple. This was a novel before it was a manga and the novel sells like hot cake EXACTLY because of those reasons you pointed out and it's still going strong. Add in a good artist like one we have in this manga and there's no reason why it doesn't work. In fact, I'm one of those people who read this manga AFTER reading the novel and loving it very much

Most isekai stories are novels first before being adapted as a manga. I was referring to japanese novel editors insisting on isekai tropes, you can even see that the barrister seinen manga had a love interest shoehorned in the first two chapters (probably because the editor insisted on it).

I'm amazed that a japanese editor allowed this to get published in the first place.

>no video game mechanics
>doesn't instantly get at least one love interest who remains madly in love with the MC even though the MC shows no interest in furthering the relationship
>characters actually behave somewhat like real people with their own emotions and goals instead of one dimensionally evil/stupid/good/etc caricatures

This breaks pretty much every unwritten rule that Japanese editors have for isekai stories. How did this manage to get published? Most Japanese editors would have browbeat the author into making the MC have OP powers and instantly getting a harem.

Simple. This was a novel before it was a manga and the novel sells like hot cake EXACTLY because of those reasons you pointed out and it's still going strong. Add in a good artist like one we have in this manga and there's no reason why it doesn't work. In fact, I'm one of those people who read this manga AFTER reading the novel and loving it very much

>no video game mechanics

Iris has some really memorable expressions in this Manga.  It's hard to forget her happy grin for some reason.

First couple chapter are okay, the rest is garbage.

I think I would like this manga more if it didn't go quite so fast.  As soon as she does one thing she's already got another batch ready to go.  If they focused on one thing at a time it would allow for more character time.  I feel the improvements are the only thing going on mostly and her crew is just there to support her.  I mean, she was going to tour her fief and within a couple pages that was over with.

I should not have looked. 

I should have heeded your words.

It's been a while since the last update so I have to re-read the previous chapter to refresh my memory of the story.

..The story of the imouto diary that is.

Im looking forward more to the imouto diary than the manga itself..

Somebody make the compilation please

If it'll make you feel any better (major spoiler)

Spoiler

I should not have looked. 

I think it's interesting how they put us in perspective of the typical antagonist of the story. And see just how stupid the typical prince/many attractive male on airhead nice and innocent female protagonist is.

If it'll make you feel any better (major spoiler)

Spoiler

OMG, I'm shocked and dismayed that I hadn't heard of this manga, its awesome.

On another note, Iris must have also studied history with her economics.  What's she's setting up is how the Medicis revolutionized and conquered Europe.

If this story doesn't end with Iris on the throne after the two Princes kill each other off in a civil war, I'll eat my shorts.

Run, Imouto-chan, run as fast as your cute little legs in ZR-thighhighs will take you. Run to the horizon itself.

Don't look back, it's not safe there.

Godspeed, Imouto-chan.

yay~!!?
an update~!!??
finally. thanks AmeAme~!

run imouto yo run for your life......we need a pedo bear police officer...T^T

Easy on the Keynesian overhaul, lady.

Any economic model will work when you know what the future holds.

Tanya, Ryle, Dida, Rehme, Moneda, Sei, and Merida.Tanya is her personal maid, Ryle and Dida are her personal guards, Moneda is the one who handles the finance for the bank, Sei is the butler-in-training, and Merida is the cook. Yep, yep, yep, and yep. Edward is an idiot to give up Iris like this. As a prince who had potential to be be on a throne, you would think that the ideal person to be his wife who can competently rule over the country together would be someone like Iris with the lineage, the skills, the personality, the looks, and most importantly, the smile (lol). But nope, he goes for someone with "bed of flowers for brains". On the other hand, Yuri is more dangerous than she looks.

I think it's interesting how they put us in perspective of the typical antagonist of the story. And see just how stupid the typical prince/many attractive male on airhead nice and innocent female protagonist is.

It's a good story but I want to know... How many kids did she pick up from the streets (it seems all or most of the servants/followers she currently has are those)?

Tanya, Ryle, Dida, Rehme, Moneda, Sei, and Merida.
Tanya is her personal maid, Ryle and Dida are her personal guards, Moneda is the one who handles the finance for the bank, Sei is the butler-in-training, and Merida is the cook.

If I were a part of that world I'd totally be Iris' loyal follower too tbh

I concur with everyone. Iris always give the impression that she's smiling from the depths of her heart or something. How could you possibly not fall in love?

She's got the most adorable smile in the world... What in the seven hells was her ex-fiancé thinking?

Somehow, Iris' smile makes me so happy.

Yep, yep, yep, and yep. Edward is an idiot to give up Iris like this. As a prince who had potential to be be on a throne, you would think that the ideal person to be his wife who can competently rule over the country together would be someone like Iris with the lineage, the skills, the personality, the looks, and most importantly, the smile (lol). But nope, he goes for someone with "bed of flowers for brains". On the other hand, Yuri is more dangerous than she looks.

Watari-kun no XX ga Houkai Sunzen: link. It's a light (lol) yandere love comedy by Narumi Naru. She's fun.

Thanks! I knew it looked awfully familiar, haven't continued reading it for a while.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics