Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.23 - 61votes)

Survival

Alt Names: alt àž•àč‰àž­àž‡àžŁàž­àž”alt ă‚”ăƒă‚€ăƒăƒ«alt 陆朰æȉæČĄèź°
Author: Saito Takao
Artist: Saito Takao
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: An inexplicable catastrophe plunges Japan to the bottom of the ocean. A boy survives the misfortune, but he has been abandoned in a land surrounded by sea on all sides. His effort to stay alive compels him to sharpen his wit, as he finds that nothing he learned in school is useful for staying alive.

Side Story:
> Survival: Another Story (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/survival-another-story-r20343)

Remake:
> Survival: Shounen S no Kiroku (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/survival-shounen-s-no-kiroku-r18675)
Go to Survival Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Survival released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 10 Replies

476 Comments

Looks like this arc will be a Lord of the Flies parallel.

He still got screwed over, but no waterfall... i wanted to see him survive some watery falls, oh well.

I don't get these two comments.

You'll learn when you're older.

Future village chief, check.

Future wife, check.

Future stepdad who's overly protective of his daughter, and who murdered those who even vaguely threatened to take his position from him,check.

If it's Satoru, he wouldn't have understood the circumstances until a knife was pointed towards him.

After Satsuki and Saturo get married, Satsuki will say "Wow, Satoru, you're so experienced!"

Satoru: "Thanks. I had plenty of experience with a crazy and sick woman right before she died."

I don't get these two comments.

After Satsuki and Satoru get married, Satsuki will say "Wow, Satoru, you're so experienced!"

Satoru: "Thanks. I had plenty of experience with a crazy and sick woman right before she died."

Future village chief, check.

Future wife, check.

Future stepdad who's overly protective of his daughter, and who murdered those who even vaguely threatened to take his position from him,check.

If it's Satoru, he wouldn't have understood the circumstances until a knife was pointed towards him.

I mean, the temperature was going up for the longest time, and this was like the first rain MC had seen in a LONG time. I'd honestly say the forest was still pretty dry, even given the rainstorm.

That doesn't makes the fire any less convenient, with the timing.

And you know what would also have some good timing? if this river leads to a waterfall, i feel like this manga could do with some good waterfalls, it will add to the aesthetics.

At that point it was pretty much cemented that he will be forgiven if he helps with the extremely convenient fire that is taking place in the very wet forest.

I mean, the temperature was going up for the longest time, and this was like the first rain MC had seen in a LONG time. I'd honestly say the forest was still pretty dry, even given the rainstorm.

Food for the fish...

The kid's pretty spry for someone with a cracked sternum.

BTW, thanks very much to the translators. You've put in a lot of work so the rest of us lazy bastards don't have to learn Japanese. :D

I know right? just brought back from drowning and there he is cutting down trees.

How I imagine the grandpa saying to the priest when I read his stupid line:

Spoiler

As if he's scolding a child for eating cookies before dinner, undermining the gravity of what he did. The sheer cheesiness pops up every now and then, showing the old age of this series.

At that point it was pretty much cemented that he will be forgiven if he helps with the extremely convenient fire that is taking place in the very wet forest.

How I imagine the grandpa saying to the priest when I read his stupid line:

Spoiler

As if he's scolding a child for eating cookies before dinner, undermining the gravity of what he did. The sheer cheesiness pops up every now and then, showing the old age of this series.

Karma is a bitch.

The kid's pretty spry for someone with a cracked sternum.

BTW, thanks very much to the translators. You've put in a lot of work so the rest of us lazy bastards don't have to learn Japanese. :D

die damn kid... you never learn... now i don't care of satoru anymore..

at long last, sweet release.

He was a flying fire type all along, fissure and earthquake did nothing to him, but the moment you hit him with torrent there he goes and dies.

The end.

at long last, sweet release.

The end.

Ch 94 thoughts:

Spoiler

my thought exactly...

Ch 94 thoughts:

Spoiler

Whatever floats your boat, man. I find that it doesn't add to anyone's enjoyment to meta into the plot like this. You're basically describing the fact that there's conflict and hardship in this story, but that applies to almost any story. It's like watching Titanic and calling Rose responsible for sinking the ship.

What if she had been in 5 consecutive shipwrecks? With them all travelling through antarctica.

I think that Satoru's surviving because of his mental fortitude, while everyone else are giving up. Think about the woman on the island, the old geezer and the drunk. You'd think that people would try harder, that the fight-or-flight response would kick in. But experiments shows that when faced with inescapable dangers, animals would sometimes freeze without fighting or escaping. Humans 'freeze' as well, mentally, like these villagers but our Satoru has a clear goal ahead of him, and follows through. That's a good lesson to learn from this series. Find a goal, and don't give up.

Regarding the last chapter, what fools they are. "He's running away! Now we DEFINITELY have to kill him! To keep him away!"

Spoiler

Whatever floats your boat, man. I find that it doesn't add to anyone's enjoyment to meta into the plot like this. You're basically describing the fact that there's conflict and hardship in this story, but that applies to almost any story. It's like watching Titanic and calling Rose responsible for sinking the ship.

so, when will he start searching for his family?...

This is a standard correlation-is-not-causation example. Saying he is/brings calamity is meaningless because everything is going to shit generally - he's just lucky and smart enough to survive. If that's what you actually meant, then... well, yes.

Yes.

But you can also look at it this way, we are following an action tragedy story from the hands of a sadistic author who is world renown for having one of longest ongoing manga stories which main character is an assassin for hire, he thrives on writing about grim, so if you want to make a big deal out of nothing with all of this, what i mean is that in this story it is imperative for Satoru to experience destruction whenever he goes because it is a part of the story the author wants to depict, and that's where the "he's just lucky" part enters, his luck is just relevant because everyone else isn't, thus just interacting with him is bound to bring them even more misery.

With all that said, the only ones that may come badly out of this may be just the bad guys of turn, however that will just confirm his prediction, because while Saturo may help the village, for him he will be a calamity for he will lose the power he managed to amass, and that's direct cause case, because that's how this story is written (did you forgot this was a work of fiction down the line somewhere?).

this kid never learned his lesson... how many times did he met people that are dangerous and such?... he should already be in aware and alert of other peoples by now...

This is a recurring theme in the manga, about how the MC is young and naive to the world.

A perfect example of a not-so-naive Satoru would be the baseball guy.

And out of all those examples the only survivor is Baseball Guy, because even the city he visited ended being destroyed... for the major Satoru was a calamity (But there's another example of someone surviving meeting Satoru, the scientist and his assistant.)

I am not trying to make this into a supernatural manga neither, but lets face it, he has a history with him.

This is a standard correlation-is-not-causation example. Saying he is/brings calamity is meaningless because everything is going to shit generally - he's just lucky and smart enough to survive. If that's what you actually meant, then... well, yes.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics