Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 183votes)

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

Alt Names: alt 異世界居酒屋「のぶ」alt Warung Dunia Lain "Nobu"
Author: Semikawa Natsuya
Artist: Virginia Nitouhei
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Imagine there is a bar with many weird kind of food and drink that might bring you to another world! The bar, so-called "Nobu" is located in a alley of the old city Aiteria. AT the very first step, diners feels like falling into another completely country, with cold, super cool beer, so-called "Toriaezu Nama"!
Go to Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Need help with proof-read. Anyone is welcome. New Window Loli Mamoritai
  • 6 Replies

363 Comments

I was wondering about how they pay for all these ingredients myself.

I was assuming that Nobu does indeed somehow make a profit on this depending on the isekai world's currency. if their tech level is low enough, there may be actually more precious metal in their money than 21st century coinage? However, nobody's exactly paying in gold coins, and copper and silver aren't THAT valuable that a couple of those would cover the ingredients, much less the labor and any upkeep of Nobu.

Well, silver's worth like $16, and gold is ~$1160 an ounce. https://www.ngccoin.com/priceguide/Coin-Melt-Values.aspx

Not to mention that these coins are probably really valuable as essentially good condition antiques.

The first meal actually wasn't that expensive. A couple beers, a bottle of sake, some edamame, and oden. You could probably pick that much up at a Japanese super market for under $10.

Though who are we kidding: they've got a time-traveling bar. Time travel equals auto riches. Maybe they're some future gods who get a kick out of feeding people in the past. Or maybe they're doing community service because they had a little too much time-travel fun.

It took 7 episodic chapters, but we now finally have some mention of money, albeit brief and without detail; implying they do accept the other world's currency (because I doubt they have a foreign exchange for Yen). That's all I wanted, because every single chapter up until now always left me feeling empty, as if a customer ordered food, and ate without paying.  

Also excited for the anime adaption recently announced.

Money has been mentioned quite a few times before, the person in chapter 3 paid with a gold coin, one of the earlier chapters i believe the First actually mentioned how cheap it was, something like a one silver coin for the whole meal.  

It took 7 episodic chapters, but we now finally have some mention of money, albeit brief and without detail; implying they do accept the other world's currency (because I doubt they have a foreign exchange for Yen). That's all I wanted, because every single chapter up until now always left me feeling empty, as if a customer ordered food, and ate without paying. 

I was wondering about how they pay for all these ingredients myself.

I was assuming that Nobu does indeed somehow make a profit on this depending on the isekai world's currency. if their tech level is low enough, there may be actually more precious metal in their money than 21st century coinage? However, nobody's exactly paying in gold coins, and copper and silver aren't THAT valuable that a couple of those would cover the ingredients, much less the labor and any upkeep of Nobu.

....Anime?

Yes, there is an anime announcement for this manga. Hopefully, within 2017 

Everytime I read a chapter of this manga, I start to drool like a baby.

Also excited for the anime adaption recently announced.

Thanks~ we wanted to pick this up ever since the anime got announced.

....Anime?

Thank god, Xant and Minions pick this up.

I want to read more as well but I can't read Japanese or have any version that I can understand/ translate.

And if it's me I wonder if I can translate the "kisu" joke.

Keep up the good work. We're all appreciate it.

And by the way, I'm a faithful reader from your novel translate site as well.

Thanks~ we wanted to pick this up ever since the anime got announced.

Inb4 the priest try to exile them and they retaliate GATE style.

Thank god, Xant and Minions pick this up.

I want to read more as well but I can't read Japanese or have any version that I can understand/ translate.

And if it's me I wonder if I can translate the "kisu" joke.

Keep up the good work. We're all appreciate it.

And by the way, I'm a faithful reader from your novel translate site as well.

I dont know why seeing people eat can be so heartwarming.
Had to read it all again too goooood

First is Isekai Shokudou and now this is confirmed to be an anime.

2017 anime lineup is filled with isekai gourmet.

Now I need a gif of Shinobu and Nobuyuki singing Taberu

Anime was announced

is there anyone still translating this?
Damn, for these guys to be enjoying the food so much it must truly be out of this world

Spoiler
I noticed you left raw fish in Viet for some reason. Was that intentional?

TIL the artist did a JOJO doujin that's absolutely brilliant

I wonder how they pay. Pure gold, silver, and copper coins? I'd like to see them address this topic, because not once have they mentioned anything about money. They don't give out free meals to all the customers, daily--do they? They'll go out of business that way. So either they're well off to be able to be charitable, or they're making money somehow in the other world; it'd be a waste not to...they're a business, not a homeless soup kitchen after all. Customers keep ordering food one meal after another, and every time they do, I wonder if they can pay for it or not. Once...just freaking once, I'd like to see a single customer leave behind some pocket change, or something!

Chapter 1, page 30.

I wonder how they pay. Pure gold, silver, and copper coins? I'd like to see them address this topic, because not once have they mentioned anything about money. They don't give out free meals to all the customers, daily--do they? They'll go out of business that way. So either they're well off to be able to be charitable, or they're making money somehow in the other world; it'd be a waste not to...they're a business, not a homeless soup kitchen after all. Customers keep ordering food one meal after another, and every time they do, I wonder if they can pay for it or not. Once...just freaking once, I'd like to see a single customer leave behind some pocket change, or something!

Yes, I will try to keep it at minimum.

And lomg time no see, TheDefend.

Yep. Long time no see :3

Spoiler

slightly depressing mood

Great chapter as always, thanks for the team.

Spoiler

generally, the greeting is acceptable, japanese honorific are okay, but that's it. anything other than that seems to be pushing it.

Yes, I will try to keep it at minimum.

And lomg time no see, TheDefend.

And something I must tell you guys again. You guys hate it before but after thinking for a while,

I still want Nobu and Shinobu keep Japanese Romanji greetings (they are Japanese after all), all other character will talk in English like how Native English talking.

generally, the greeting is acceptable, japanese honorific are okay, but that's it. anything other than that seems to be pushing it.

Here is chapter 6 english translate. But still not proof-read yet.

Sorry It took me longer than I thought because my English still not good enough, there're many English words I must use dictionary.

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics