Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 290votes)

Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai

Alt Names: alt 僕はお姫様になれないalt Boku wa Ohimesama ni Narenaialt 나는 공주님이 될 수 없다alt I Can't Be a Princess
Author: Wakabayashi Toshiya
Artist: Wakabayashi Toshiya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From the master of love comedy manga, Wakabayashi Toshiya, comes a high school fairy tale about love☆!

Shindou Rei (Cinderella) comes from a very poor family. Her only clothes are hand-me-downs from her brother, even her school uniform. So everyone always mistakes her for a boy. Even her close friend Hakuba Ouji (white horse prince), who starts developing confusing feelings toward her all the while believing she's a boy. Tsukumo Yuki (Snow White) is the leader of a delinquent gang and falls in love with Rei at first sight, also believing her to be a boy.

Go to Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai raw translation New Window segawon
  • 5 Replies

603 Comments

fuck, this actually made me a little sad

How do you even get NTR'd by yourself?

Legendary levels of poverty and nervousness.
Also nobody listening to you ever.
Ever.

I'm not saying I've been there.... well ok maybe I accidentally NTR'd myself once...

Hate to be that guy, but: she and Ouji would be dating and the entire situation would be diffused if she'd just show the boy her government-issued ID. .-.

But the whole reason she hasn't told him yet is because she has shit self confidence, not because she couldn't convince him no matter how hard she tried. And douchebag prince keeps pushing her around + making his insecurities her problem which doesn't help.

And now even when she knows he'd like her if she dressed up, she still doesn't think that she's a "girly" person, and that he's fallen in love with what she's convinced herself isn't the real her, and once he finds out he'll feel tricked because he's knows she's actually plain and boyish (in reality he doesn't think that and he'd be relieved, but he's such an ass that he's built up that impression, and she's so ready to shit on herself that she eats it up).

The actual dynamic is obviously a lot simpler than this makes explanation makes it sound, and it's played up for laughs, but the point is the misunderstandings themselves aren't the problems as much as the insecurities that fuel them.

Hate to be that guy, but: she and Ouji would be dating and the entire situation would be diffused if she'd just show the boy her government-issued ID. .-.

I never really understand these this girl is a guy thing. Are people incapable of hearing her voice or does she just have some kind of manly voice that occurs when she's dressed as a student?

I used to think that as well.

But some guys have girly voices. And some girls have girly voices. This might be especially true for Asians who often don't even have facial hair, something that helps us a lot in West.

Also they're still going through puberty I think, some guys don't have mutation until very late.

I never really understand these this girl is a guy thing. Are people incapable of hearing her voice or does she just have some kind of manly voice that occurs when she's dressed as a student?

How do you even get NTR'd by yourself?

This whole Shindou being a guy misunderstanding is cute and all but really, there's no way it wouldn't be cleared by now. The only one she seems to be trying to hide it from is Hakuba and even then only when they're alone. On the contrary, she even tries to correct people sometimes.

Since she's not even trying to fool anyone I doubt she'd be pulling stunts like using the boy's restroom, changing room, having her physical examinations with the boys and whatnot. How would every student in that school miss that is beyond me.

/is done trying to make sense of gag mango circumstances

I've never seen anyone dig their grave that spledidly

Dat chapter...

Tragedy tag? Tragedy tag.

can you tell it in detail? 

Shoujo ai is a term English fans of manga invented to be what shounen ai is to yaoi. It offers an arguably useful distinction concerning the content: shoujo ai and shounen ai are safe for work, yuri and yaoi are their sexually explicit equivalents.

For the sake of accuracy, I'll note that in Japan, shoujo ai does not exist as a specific genre; it is simply called yuri. However, on this site and other aggregate readers, you can safely interpret shoujo ai as 'yuri without explicit content'.

Omfg. Her blushing overwhelmed me with so much cuteness. Me right now...
tumblr_ma99ijUu3A1r98gtb.gif

At least he didn't told her that he sniff that shoe a lot LOL 

A homosexual relationship though there usually is nothing sexual  in Shoujo ai (shoujo=girl, ai=love) as it focuses on the emotional side. "Yuri" is where it gets physical between girls on top of all the emotional stuff. Alternatively there is Shounen ai and Yaoi which deal with homosexual relationships between boys and/or men. 

Basically, girls-only romance.

Can anyone tell me what's the meaning of Shoujo Ai ?

Basically, girls-only romance.

Can anyone tell me what's the meaning of Shoujo Ai ?

cute, instant follow

Hilarious. Totally followed!

And now it says yuri. Someone is really trolling hard.

Eh, it is not?

It has shoujo-ai connotations, yes. But so far, this is definitely not yuri, and god forbid it takes that route. (Thankfully, those random tags seem to have been removed.)

Anyway, what is the demography of this manga?

Considering the art style and the plot so far, it's likely to be aimed at a shounen audience, though of course it's better to wait for someone who can actually confirm it.

That teacher should turn in his license. Disgusting.

Everyone else only has their eyes, but he of all people should be able to verify Shindou's identity. He's a disgrace to the profession.

Figures of authority branding you as a liar tick me off something fierce.

Eh, it is not?

Anyway, what is the demography of this manga?

Androgyny is a powerful and dangerous thing...

NOECI0s.gif

It means black magic.

Ah yes, it's magic thanks for the correction mmm...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics