Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 235votes)

World Trigger

Alt Names: alt 境界触发者alt ワールド·トリガー
Author: Ashihara Daisuke
Artist: Ashihara Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

-------------------------
DCMA -- http://pastebin.com/gZ3Tyqwx

-----------------------------------------------------------
>World Trigger Oneshots:

ROOM 303 (2008):
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/room-303-r15093

Trigger Keeper (2009):
Part 1: http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/116637617988/world-trigger-pilot-trigger-keeper-translation
Part 2: http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/116715852393/world-trigger-pilot-trigger-keeper-translation

Talented Elite Jin (2011):
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/talented-elite-jin-r15150
Go to World Trigger Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How do you think they have so many different fields in the Border base? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic World Trigger Manga Goes on Indefinite Hiatus Due to Author's Poor Health New Window nehnehneji
  • 2 Replies
Topic New Border Trigger to Aftokrator New Window Umadouble12
  • 2 Replies
Topic What do the little eyes represent near Osamu New Window Alucard151
  • 3 Replies
Topic Commander kido and his scar New Window Alucard151
  • 1 Replies
Topic Which is better, manga or anime? New Window truepurple
  • 11 Replies

816 Comments

Amo and Visa both stands a decent chance, though they are two of the strongest characters introduced so far...

Yeah well there's a reason why Amo is not in this fight isn't it? The reason is that he's too strong , so the mangaka doesn't want to show him, it's really obvious actually... 

The note said he had neck surgery at the time and hadn't fully recovered. I remember hunter x hunter had dozens of chapters worse then this. I don't know, guess they gotta have the pages they need, even if quality isn't up to par. I'd give them a week off and put a one shot in though.

Anyone know what's with the half finished drawings for chapter 77?

There's a note about that in one of the pages.

I think that's what happens when the chapter isn't ready in their due date. It can be annoying and slightly intereating, it has happen a couple of times to Ao no Exorcist.

I'd imagine 'bail out' only really works near the base. I just can't see them never going on an expedition. Watching the new guys realize they've lost the safety net of having a bail-out function would probably serve as a good way to ratchet up the tension.

If you're fighting at home you ought to have some sort of advantage.

I'm a 99% sure that the autor took his black trigger because he was extremely OP , so his fights would've been pretty easy... He could've written strong foes to fight him , but then the balance power would've been to much for the beggining of the series. He doesn't want an enemy that can battle full power Jin yet. 

At least that's what I think (it is forced though)

Amo and Visa both stands a decent chance, though they are two of the strongest characters introduced so far...

I can think of quite a few off the top of my head. Just for starters it's highly likely that regardless of whatever Jin tried to do to protect her, it wouldn't have mattered and could have infact made the situation worse. For example if Chika wasn't getting targeted by the entire opposing force, then they would have already gotten plenty of other 'chicks', but because they're so focused on capturing her, they're missing out on others they could retrieve.
I'll guess it's simply worth the risk.

THAT ALL BEING SAID. I really hate how much this manga relies on this 'side effect' of Jins. There are plenty of ways to employ foresight in a way of having it non-broken but still being useful. Like in Apocalypse no Toride there's a character who can see 3 seconds into the future. Or the power to see the future but the inability to change most of the outcomes.

As much as a lot of this series kind of plans things in advance, I think it's extremely silly that they didn't allow Jin to keep his Black Trigger for this fight when they knew this invasion was coming in advance.
It's like yelling "We don't want to win" to the enemy.

They don't want to win, they want to make the war not worth to be continuated, that is the only way to stop a war if the other side is technologically superior. Well, maybe the useless comedy duo of HQ really want to win xD

I'm a 99% sure that the autor took his black trigger because he was extremely OP , so his fights would've been pretty easy... He could've written strong foes to fight him , but then the balance power would've been to much for the beggining of the series. He doesn't want an enemy that can battle full power Jin yet. 

more like those high commanders are just so cocky they think they can do anything... which was seen at the beginning the the series and how they think they control anything and even tried to eliminate Yuma just because they felt like it.

They're basically control freaks.

They don't like when people don't follow orders.

They basically think they already have enough power to stop "ALL" Neighbor attacks... even tho they're already warned.

And they already dislike JIN for the previous events and how he even turned in his Black Trigger just for Yuma and Osamu... so there's very little chance they'll give the Trigger back.

That bail out function their suits have is too good. Kinda wish they didn't have it.

It might be like that but it also gives as the chance to have weaker characters and develop them as they don't die half a chapter after knowing them.

I'd imagine 'bail out' only really works near the base. I just can't see them never going on an expedition. Watching the new guys realize they've lost the safety net of having a bail-out function would probably serve as a good way to ratchet up the tension.

As much as a lot of this series kind of plans things in advance, I think it's extremely silly that they didn't allow Jin to keep his Black Trigger for this fight when they knew this invasion was coming in advance.

no sure if anyone have said this before, but if he know even before the batte that chika will be targeted due to her massive trion enery, why would they even let her participate ? why not just protect her inside the HQ in a safe room and train her after the battle so that she can become their hidden ace ?

i dont get the logic..

I can think of quite a few off the top of my head. Just for starters it's highly likely that regardless of whatever Jin tried to do to protect her, it wouldn't have mattered and could have infact made the situation worse. For example if Chika wasn't getting targeted by the entire opposing force, then they would have already gotten plenty of other 'chicks', but because they're so focused on capturing her, they're missing out on others they could retrieve.

I'll guess it's simply worth the risk.

THAT ALL BEING SAID. I really hate how much this manga relies on this 'side effect' of Jins. There are plenty of ways to employ foresight in a way of having it non-broken but still being useful. Like in Apocalypse no Toride there's a character who can see 3 seconds into the future. Or the power to see the future but the inability to change most of the outcomes.

It might be like that but it also gives as the chance to have weaker characters and develop them as they don't die half a chapter after knowing them.

avoid many death flag and emotional devastation. Yeah I really don't want this manga turn into another akame ga kill

That bail out function their suits have is too good. Kinda wish they didn't have it.

Haha. I thought Miwa would say "Stand up. Get out of here." He kicked him instead.

Based Betterthannothing. Dat chapter 75. Just 2 pages, barely any dialogue, and it's so dense with information. Less than 10 panels, too (only 6). That's how it's done, bby.

ch74. Has there been a comment on Karasuma's (and Konami's) trion quality? Their min-max-seeming triggers give the feeling that their trion aren't as good as other A-rank soldiers. It's probably just a feeling since Konami's strong even in training and Karasuma is popular in the main branch. Seeing custom triggers makes me excited for Chika's and Osamu's though. (Soon, I hope)

That's a little bit harsh... You know that creating an interesting story is hard, right? Creating interesting characters is just as hard as that. I actually like how the characters of World Trigger feels generic and realistic. If you're talking about each character's story/development, then you should give it more time to develop. You can't just compare the characters of this manga on famous shonens like One Piece and Naruto. Did you even know the previous works of this author? The award winning Room 303 oneshot shows that the author is serious on showing his world building/character creations/story and not just "just showing off how many 'unique' faces he can draw for this manga" like you said.

tldr the author is serious on his works and not just playing around

I don't know where you got all this from my comment. I also kinda like the "generic" characters, but my problem with it is that the mangaka doesn't really have to show them at certain times. It just slows down this arc which is already kinda slow. Maybe they're panel fillers or something, that's just fine. But as I stated, I sometimes get the feeling that they are shown just for the sake of it--especially operators. I doubt these characters will have much character development, if they will have any (it would probably be difficult for the mangaka and there are too many of them for casual readers to follow in a weekly release), and I'm not really interested. Any 'screentime' besides the main characters' are probably reserved for characters like Miwa and Kazama... and exposition?

no sure if anyone have said this before, but if he know even before the batte that chika will be targeted due to her massive trion enery, why would they even let her participate ? why not just protect her inside the HQ in a safe room and train her after the battle so that she can become their hidden ace ?

i dont get the logic..

Barring the possible oversight by the author and that Jin could not pinpoint the time of the attack (basically they are doing now what you are suggesting) there are short-term and long-term possibilities

short term: for some reasons that would lead to a worse future. Chika has a tendency of not staying put when she should and locking her up would have precisely that effect. Or it would raise the odds of her being kidnapped/killed during Endra's attack on HQ. Or it would raise Osamu's odds of dying enormously, or Border's losses.

long term: A bit of a stretch, but Jin can see rather far in the future, he may be acting in consideration to that future. If Chika had been locked up then she wouldn't have gained experience, Osamu might have been defeated real fast as he couldn't get the 'protect my oath' motivation, and those two's lack of grinding during this fight would have made a terrible future that more likely to happen.

The hell are you talking about....we are seeing the same building and town over and over and over again...what's more this all-out war is damn long. Well,enjoy the next chapters of parkour..i mean running away.

I like how the story is going, the autor made a HUGE unexplored world and there are a lot of possibilities , i also like the fact that  there are a lot of "groups" and all of them get screen-time properly, we can hope that all characters get proper development and not only the mcs..

It feels like Ashihara is finally getting "confortable" with his series sohe can keep/ improve this level I kinda see this series going for A LOT more years, I mean, only now the story started to develop it feels like everything else was an intro. 

Sh*t i'm really into this manga , hope it gets more awesome in the future. 

Additional unmeasurable page-time added.

Continue Reading... Fool

Next chapter plz!!!!!!!! XD

i dont get the logic..

There's no straight answer for that, at least for now, so your guess is as good as anyone else's. The best guess I've seen is related to Zero2001, but spun in a more sinister direction. What if the only thing stopping the Border organization from cutting her up is Jin's intervention? It's an interesting thought. There are a lot of things you can do with the "because Jin is terrifying and fortunately on person X's side" dynamic. Should be exciting.

i dont get the logic..

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics