Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 191votes)

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru

Alt Names: alt 東のくるめと隣のめぐる
Author: Abiko Yu
Artist: Abiko Yu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kousuke has a boring high-school life, but he sits next to his crush--the really popular, cute Tsukahara Meguru, who has a cool, stoic personality. One day, his parents announce that they're moving, but that he'll still be able to attend the same school. The new apartment building has a lovely river and friendly neighbors... and it is next door to where Tsukahara lives! Outside of school, she seems to have a completely different personality, friendly and a little quirky. She makes him promise not to tell the others at school how she acts at home, but why does she put on such an act for her classmates? [tethysdust]
Go to Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Halloween Full of Girls? New Window Fadamor
  • 0 Replies
Topic Need a translator!! New Window Kiddo
  • 1 Replies

308 Comments

you see that cat? that little cat is the MVP that even the most MC in any manga can't pull it off

Afro, best player lmL

Wait what? Progression? Successful confession? In a manga?!
I thought it was a myth!

Spoiler

Wait what? Progression? Successful confession? In a manga?!

I thought it was a myth!

As Eiichiro Oda once said The power of the afro is strong

Afro the true wingman.

Dudes a wimp, needed a cats help to get the girl ok there

YES!! finally it happens, just leave it to little afro-kun, the most mvp cat in all existence.

Love rival? What's that?

Afro-kun real MVP.

that moment when you need a superior force to confess, the legendary WingCat, making youngsters confess since ancient times 

Spoiler

Afro here and Motoyama from Tsurezure, truly tis the Year of the Wingmen.

Resolved just in 2 chapters and didn't need too many drama, all thanks to afro
Afro-kun real MVP.

I don't know how to feel right now; at first I see Kou has many rivals, yet I am the type that hates when a rival steals the girl away from the MC. Hmm this is tricky since for some crazy reason I am fine with Meguru getting stolen by the Hunk or the old childhood neighbor.

This is ridiculous at this point in the manga. . . but maybe it's sister time then! Best girl.

Just pick the sister damn it. Seesh

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Spoiler question

Spoiler

Just pick the sister damn it. Seesh

Stupid attempt at drama. With 4 chapters left and 1 for the sister...

this may be the crapiest chapter so far, how is it possible for things like this to be published?

YO, PROOFREADER HERE

I haven't read the other chapters yet but chapter 22 is the best one yet. If you can still somehow stomach this manga then maybe end here to preemptively end on a good note.

Story Stuff

Spoiler

Since we're only about 2-3 chapters left anyways, I think I might as well just share my thoughts and experiences:

Spoiler

edit:

I had to edit this thing 5 times after I posted it, can I be proofreader of the year yet?

edit:

6 times. Still better than some mangas with 3 proofreaders (looking at you shoujo scanlating community)

edit:

7 times. I had to edit my own edit to say how many times I've edited this post. At least I'm thorough?

Oy, at least finish proofread all the chapter before you post this. XD

Anyway, i'll keep my opinion for later after we release all the chapter, but for the most part i agree with Fumako opinion about the manga

YO, PROOFREADER HERE

I haven't read the other chapters yet but chapter 22 is the best one yet. If you can still somehow stomach this manga then maybe end here to preemptively end on a good note.

Story Stuff

Spoiler

Since we're only about 2-3 chapters left anyways, I think I might as well just share my thoughts and experiences:

Spoiler

edit:

I had to edit this thing 5 times after I posted it, can I be proofreader of the year yet?

edit:

6 times. Still better than some mangas with 3 proofreaders (looking at you shoujo scanlating community)

edit:

7 times. I had to edit my own edit to say how many times I've edited this post. At least I'm thorough?

it's a bit cliche, i think.. and it's about to end ..?

That's the shitty part about translating from Japanese to English - you can't avoid using pronouns, and there are often cases where the one used in translation turns out to be the wrong one in a few chapters. Obviously not the fault of the translator, rather the language, obviously.

I can imagine it getting just as annoying in the other direction.  There are cases in English dialogue where a pronoun becomes significant ("Wait, did you say 'he'?  Wasn't that a girl?" etc) and yet normally there just wouldn't be a pronoun in a Japanese rendering and so what would you do to make it make sense?

UGH i agree so much, drives me NUTS... and then you have the issues with using honorifics or not.... ARGH

Bah. That's a non-issue. The faction, and IMO the rationale, in favour of not using honorifics is marginal.

That's the shitty part about translating from Japanese to English - you can't avoid using pronouns, and there are often cases where the one used in translation turns out to be the wrong one in a few chapters. Obviously not the fault of the translator, rather the language, obviously.

UGH i agree so much, drives me NUTS... and then you have the issues with using honorifics or not.... ARGH

Oh no she caught the dokis

This is the best comment I've ever read

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics