Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 297votes)

I Found a Kitten

Alt Names: alt 子猫拾いましたalt Ich fand ein Kätzchenalt 아기고양이 주웠습니다alt Koneko Hiroimashitaalt Я подобрал котенка
Author: Yohachi
Artist: Yohachi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Atsuki Komiya is a college student that’s living alone. Suddenly, his sister visits and asks for a favor, which is to take care of his niece, Kasane, for two weeks. A story about the awkward relationship of these two, the confused Atsuki and the sullen Kasane, living together. Which direction will this story go…?
Made by: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=558398
Sequel: I Found Another Kitten http://bato.to/comic/_/i-found-another-kitten-r20912
Go to I Found a Kitten Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic "I found a Baby Cat" release chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

419 Comments

does anybody follow the author's twitter/blog or anything? I'd really like to know if:

A: There is a similar negative reception from the Japanese audience as well.

B: If there is, whether or not the author has responded or not.

because on top of being just that joke from idolm@ster: cinderella girls but worse, it also just seems like weak-sauce writing. If the mother genuinely wants to just have a day with her daughter to prove that she can be a good parent, then just send him on a goose-chase errand or something and then run. That's fine, MC gets taken out of the picture and it's a mild inconvenience for him but nothing drastic like this. idk, this is almost worth dropping the manga for even though it was alright up till now.

Edit: https://twitter.com/68yohachiI found his twitter but I don't know when the original chapter was released so I don't even know where to look and I don't know how to search through the tweets and replies cuz I don't use twitter much.

Only in Japan, would they think accusing someone of being a pedophiles is funny. also kidnapping is also fine.

I understand that this was probably meant as one of those "Oh Japan" but ehh...

It's really questionable that this manga is going out of its way to make this scene as a passing joke that it's not even funny anymore.

Only in Japan, would they think accusing someone of being a pedophiles is funny. also kidnapping is also fine.

I really dont get the joke here :/

because looks really out of her personality of the yandere here.

it's all fun and game until the poor guy got a criminal record on him for the rest of his life <3

Poor Atsuki.... Chapter was obviously made for laugh, since it's so unrealistic... If it did happen in real life, that's a relationship breaker right there, he'd normally cut off all communication with her and potentially sue her as well or get a restraining order. The fact that Kasane also didn't even so much as try to defend him as well... Even if she's a kid, she should be able to talk for herself.

I dunno, if memory serves that's the girl that has been sort of taking care or helping MC right? (According to sirflimflam) If so I don't think people here get it.

The problem is that this joke is so out of the line compared to what this manga has been going for, it's not really funny for obvious reasons and it's really out of character.

Correct me if I'm wrong about her bc I'm on mobile and to check the chapters with Batoto not having a somewhat simple looking mobile version is really tedious.

I wanted to get mad at 7.1 for being the comical equivalent of the holocaust, but by golly you guys did it for me.

this seriously is no laughing matter and yes, the author did play it for laughs.

I understand where you're coming from, but personally, instead of played for laughs, i felt that the author intended this to be more of a satire, especially about how useless police really are in preventing crimes involving children. Because seriously, if Tsugumi is actually the real kidnapper here, then those polices seriously need to get demoted.

I won't argue that this chapter left a very bad taste in my mouth. Let's hope author can redeem him/herself with the next chapter.

Yeah, the real moral is, be wary of being invigilated for standing somewhere idly with your god damn niece.

Well, i will report you if i find you suspiciously standing idly with an underage person in front of a kid clothing store for god damn 30 minutes. The fact that Atsuki is still a teenager doesn't help.

Guys, let set things straight. The real killer here is not that Atsuki is being taken by the police nor that someone reported Atsuki because they think he's suspicious, but the fact that Tsugumi just did such an outrageously bitchy move that for sure makes her a blacklist in my life if i were Atsuki.

What up with this police?

he arrest someone and give a little girl to stranger only because she is a girl.

Double-standard at its finest. :P

After watching/reading so many(well, not really) western stuff about child abuse/molestation, I always feel worried if I suddenly have to be alone with my niece. Not that that happens often, but when I had to drive her home by myself a few times, I kept wondering "how does this shit look like in the west? Will I get pulled over?"

I don't know if the author's a dude or a gal, but dick move. Dick. Move.

What up with this police?

he arrest someone and give a little girl to stranger only because she is a girl.

Guys it's just a manga. It was intended to be funny (probably) and if you didn't find it funny, let that be the end of it.

If it was just a shitty joke that'd be one thing, but this goes a bit beyond that. It's tonally out of place for this series as a joke in the first place, it wouldn't be funny even if that wasn't the case, and its taking an event that could potentially destroy someone's life and making light of it. Beyond just that, the perpetrator is someone who seemingly wants to get into a relationship with the MC, the person you are supposed to be rooting for and seeing through the eyes of. Would you want to date someone who pulled that shit on you? No, you'd probably hate them for the rest of your life, and, as is clearly demonstrated, a lot of the readers are feeling the same. It's not just an unfunny joke, its an unfunny, character destroying moment of tonal whiplash, that could bring back some bad memories from some people, or at the very least provoke a pretty visceral reaction from making so light of a pretty serious problem that is probably close to the forefront of some people's minds. That is why people are up in arms about it.

Honestly, I had a similar reaction with the way the Sister was introduced in the first chapter. Showing up after 9 years of no contact to dump your elementary age daughter on your little brother who is in college and just started living alone? That's a pretty fucking big deal that should be dealt with with a lot of humbling yourself, begging and bowing and scraping, and that's even outside of Japan and they have a whole culture of that already. Then as soon as he says yes, total bitch mode activated. This is the beginning of chapter 1 too, our intro to both the character and the story. I left that chapter with an intense dislike of the sister, and the series did very little to alleviate it afterwards. As a result, when the sisters tragic backstory was introduced, did I give a shit? NO. And I'm the type to empathize strongly with characters. Comedy isn't easy, and if you mishandle it like this your characters get ruined. And frankly, I'm just sick to death of the trope of the abusive asshole woman who is being played as a comedy tsundere or whatever.

It's one thing if you can't empathize with people in certain situations (or the real-world implications of those situations) but to suggest nobody should be bothered by realistically life-altering events is just ignorant.

Did it hit something close to home to you?

It's not really Played for Laughs anyway, but more of plot way to make screentime only for both Kasane and Tsugumi.

And you're exaggerating about how it will destroy anyone lives and reputations. He's just suspected, not caught red-handed. If anything, the moral is you shouldn't stand idling 30 minutes in front of a child clothing store, anyone would get suspicious.

Yeah, the real moral is, be wary of being invigilated for standing somewhere idly with your god damn niece.

Geez, do I need to carry 3 forms of identification to confirm that I am my niece's uncle, too?

[Edited due to reiteration of existing comments]

Guys it's just a manga. It was intended to be funny (probably) and if you didn't find it funny, let that be the end of it.

No. Do you find child abduction/molestation jokes funny? I don't find false accusations of such funny and I'm well within the right to share that opinion here.

I hate her for this. For how much she seems to care for him and his well being, it's really stupid she could do this. Even if it gets played off as some "silly" manga-moment later. If someone did this to me, I'd be hard pressed to ever forgive them. It's almost as if she doesn't realize she seriously just called him a kidnapper and let the police arrest him while she plays with a girl that for all accounts she has now technically kidnapped herself. 

That was a bitch move...

I might be in a minority here, but I found that funny.

It's okay dude, I also think that's very funny mmm...

hahahaha hilarious, he got taken by the cops because of a crazy chick

10/10 humor

Looks liks she's a Yandere for lolis. She might as well have stabbed him.

Tch. The bitch ruined the great atmosphere.

I might be in a minority here, but I found that funny.

That is the most twisted shit I have seen be thrown aside as a gag for the new chapter. I would literally be running a marathon in my mind if I was an uncle or parent taking their child clothes shopping and some cop tells me that I have to go with him for questioning when it's obvious that without me she is without a legal guardian.

The fact that the other girl literally chucks him under the bus is a sign that she is best out of his life. That stuff is not cool

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics