Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 147votes)

Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Alt Names: alt 猫田のことが気になって仕方ない。alt I Can't Help but Be Curious about Nekota.alt I Can’t Help but Be Concerned about Nekota.alt I'm So Interested in Nekota That I Can't Help Myself.
Author: Oouta Rie
Artist: Oouta Rie
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Amane Mikiko, better known as Mikki, is an elementary school student who moves a lot and has to transfer schools often. As soon as she makes friends, she has to painfully say goodbye to them. She is determined to not make any new friends at her new school, but it doesn't exactly go her way... especially when she meets a boy with the head of a cat! But hold on... he only looks like that in her eyes?!
Go to Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

336 Comments

Mikki: "I have been seeing your face as a cat... I swear, I'm not crazy! I just think you're PURRfect. I'm really FELINE the connection between us. I really like you FURRY much, so be mine, it's MEOW or never."

Spoiler

lol

Having to relocate because of your company is not a uniquely Japanese thing.  I knew a guy who worked for IBM for a while, he said the initials stood for "I've Been Moved".

Ahahaha that mother trolled Mikki a little.

Oh that was a goddamn tease. What the hell author?! I was so worried for them there...

Aww this made me sad and happy ;w;
    • RSD likes this

hmm..

oh well its near the end anyway

might as well enjoy the drama

good for you mikki!

I sorta agree, or maybe the mom will put her foot down. At this point even if the dad is moving around to earn a living, he's putting the job ahead of his family. Forcing your kid to move around a lot, even after they had just settled down. The dad maybe working for the family but he doesn't have the family's best interests in mind. This is the thing i find very irritating about Japanese households is when the father or mother forces the whole family to move when they get reassigned to a different location. Mikki's family has just moved alot around Tokyo. Why can't the dad just move by himself and then commute back home on his days off. Or better yet, the dad needs to quit or just take a demotion to stay in one area. Seriously moving once every year to two years? That's also financially impractical on the family to do that. Nekota and Mikki have only been around each other(reunited) for about a year and a half to maybe 2 years. Not a lot of time. I hope the mother puts her foot down seriously.

From experience, in some of these cases this is because the company provides housing. Therefore, if the company decides that they want you to move locations, you no longer are able to live at the same house/apartment because of this. As housing prices in Japan, especially Tokyo, is disgustingly expensive, you would definitely want to take company housing. 

Of course, it seems like everything will be okay. :)

I think our heroine gonna put her foot down this time and refuse to leave.  They'll just have to make arrangements so she won't have to leave all the friends she's made.  Maybe she could stay with that nice Nekota family.

I sorta agree, or maybe the mom will put her foot down. At this point even if the dad is moving around to earn a living, he's putting the job ahead of his family. Forcing your kid to move around a lot, even after they had just settled down. The dad maybe working for the family but he doesn't have the family's best interests in mind. This is the thing i find very irritating about Japanese households is when the father or mother forces the whole family to move when they get reassigned to a different location. Mikki's family has just moved alot around Tokyo. Why can't the dad just move by himself and then commute back home on his days off. Or better yet, the dad needs to quit or just take a demotion to stay in one area. Seriously moving once every year to two years? That's also financially impractical on the family to do that. Nekota and Mikki have only been around each other(reunited) for about a year and a half to maybe 2 years. Not a lot of time. I hope the mother puts her foot down seriously.

Machabro.

Ok I legitimately teared up a bit at Machako 

What a good kid ;-;

Mikki is not leaving without her cat hubby.

Should only be 44 chapters. There's are two extra chapters after the last one though.

That's right. 44 chapters for the main story. 2 extra chapters for the epilogue =46. The three that probably makes it 49 are the oneshots bundled with the volumes. Unrelated to the main story.

MAL says 49 total but not sure if that includes the omakes

Should only be 44 chapters. There's are two extra chapters after the last one though.

OH COME ON!!! Really?! We need this drama meow?! Really?! I WANT HAPPINESS FOR MY CAT BRO!!!

how many chapters left before it will end?...

anyway, now i know how nekota got the cat face(i guess)... but, what bout chisa?... why does she see nekota as a cat?...

MAL says 49 total but not sure if that includes the omakes

I feel a strong need to remind everyone of this one scene (Chapter 26):

Spoiler

I think our heroine gonna put her foot down this time and refuse to leave.  They'll just have to make arrangements so she won't have to leave all the friends she's made.  Maybe she could stay with that nice Nekota family.

how many chapters left before it will end?...

anyway, now i know how nekota got the cat face(i guess)... but, what bout chisa?... why does she see nekota as a cat?...

• RSD likes this
BULLSH*T!!! What a chapter-ending! And why would I think it would end any differently after reading even the first chapter!
Again?!!!!
    • RSD likes this
No, no, no, noooo! You can't do that!
Oh hell no

What this? Nekota was blushing in like every panel... Damn Miki, you were a player from the start.

O:

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics