Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.08 - 111votes)

Cupid's Chocolates

Alt Names: alt Aishen Qiaokeli Jinxing Shialt 爱神巧克力进行时
Author: Vivian
Artist: Vivian
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Jiang Hao, a normal high school student who is extremely scared of getting into trouble, suddenly becomes the Harem King of his school and gets confessed to by a bunch of beautiful girls! The worst thing is, Jiang Hao doesn't know any of the girls who confessed to him! What on earth is happening? This is a manhua that shouldn't be missed by fans of the harem genre!

Original Webcomic: ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/530456
Go to Cupid's Chocolates Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cupid's Chocolates released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies

202 Comments

LMAO his dad also dealt with a yandere before. 

Maybe he was some story MC before too XD

I would point out that this manga (or is it webtoon? I'm not sure of the difference, but I digress) is full of the most archetypical and stale tropes used in harem manga.

Yet somehow this manga (manhua?) manages to somehow make those old and tiresome tropes work here. Like some sort of chef that makes a delicious comfort food using run-of-the-mill ingredients. It's not new, it's not original, but it is tasty. Whether it is the timing, the character development, or the fact that the male lead is not a ball-less waste of space, being jerked around by the girls in his harem, but actively tries to defuse the situation, is irrelevant.

The point is that this manga proves that tropes are not bad. Lazy writing is.

The mark of a good artist whatever field they work within is to adapt what has gone before to a contemporary audience, tropes are merely tools used to convey a story,  we can probably look at Gilgamesh, the  Iliad, or Shakespeare's many works and identify their "tropes" and "clichés" it would not degrade them, (to be clear I'm not equating this story with those but the same rules stand.)

That chinese animation is atrocious, it seems to have taken the very worst of japanese shounen harem tropes and otaku in jokes.

this manhua version seems ok by comparison.

I would point out that this manga (or is it webtoon? I'm not sure of the difference, but I digress) is full of the most archetypical and stale tropes used in harem manga.

Yet somehow this manga (manhua?) manages to somehow make those old and tiresome tropes work here. Like some sort of chef that makes a delicious comfort food using run-of-the-mill ingredients. It's not new, it's not original, but it is tasty. Whether it is the timing, the character development, or the fact that the male lead is not a ball-less waste of space, being jerked around by the girls in his harem, but actively tries to defuse the situation, is irrelevant.

The point is that this manga proves that tropes are not bad. Lazy writing is.

Mother: "Honey, bitch be crazy! Our son is in danger like you were at his age, aren't you going to help him?"

Father: "Nope! Ain't pulling the pin on THAT grenade."

Best.
Yandere.
Ever.

So... I wonder how the father had a history with his son's childhood friend's mother.

I read the raw and watch this anime,

it seem the only diference is manhua in highschool and anime in college.

so far I like the first girl, she is best girl.

maybe the yandere if MC don't want get killed.

so apparently like mother like daughter lol

That chinese animation is atrocious, it seems to have taken the very worst of japanese shounen harem tropes and otaku in jokes.

As the translator, I can't help but agree. The manhua is better than the anime by far. One of the many reasons I only transcribed episode 1 of the anime :P

Right after the bodyguards almost took a chainsaw to his manhood. This guy has some seriously hefty balls.

They have their own gravitational field. So you know. XD

That's not gonna be his mom!

There are a few manga that are better than the anime. In my option Date-a-live I think it was called. I thought the manga was way better than the anime. Another series that I thought was had a better manga series was Black Cat I still like the anime, but not as much.

I think almost all original manga is better than anime, except D-grayman.
same with Original light novel is better than their anime.

anime usually make the plot shorter, or give useless filler arc.

that is some skill level.

I wonder how much that actually is.

that is some skill level.

Didn't know this have an anime.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=794624

I would've given it a 6/10 but I actually liked it so I rate it a 7/10.

Didn't know this have an anime.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=794624

• Ncf likes this

Spoiler

404 arm strength not found

You know...background character is right, a ranking system is indeed needed in a harem like this

YANDERE #1!!!

He's not wrong. 

You know...background character is right, a ranking system is indeed needed in a harem like this

YANDERE #1!!!

#1 or she cut and slash her way to #1.

YANDERE #1!!!

There are a few manga that are better than the anime. In my option Date-a-live I think it was called. I thought the manga was way better than the anime. Another series that I thought was had a better manga series was Black Cat I still like the anime, but not as much.

black cat 4 lyfe 

he always knows how to make a great exit.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics