Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 191votes)

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru

Alt Names: alt 東のくるめと隣のめぐる
Author: Abiko Yu
Artist: Abiko Yu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kousuke has a boring high-school life, but he sits next to his crush--the really popular, cute Tsukahara Meguru, who has a cool, stoic personality. One day, his parents announce that they're moving, but that he'll still be able to attend the same school. The new apartment building has a lovely river and friendly neighbors... and it is next door to where Tsukahara lives! Outside of school, she seems to have a completely different personality, friendly and a little quirky. She makes him promise not to tell the others at school how she acts at home, but why does she put on such an act for her classmates? [tethysdust]
Go to Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Halloween Full of Girls? New Window Fadamor
  • 0 Replies
Topic Need a translator!! New Window Kiddo
  • 1 Replies

308 Comments

wtf is with that ending, srsly? seems rushed

maybe it is because it was "too generic" as said in the credits that the publishing company terminated their series

Its a happy ending to a lighthearted manga, what the fuck did you expect anyway?

BNvz7

Let's pay a respect for the real MVP of this manga.

The manga finished with the best character

wtf is with that ending, srsly? seems rushed

maybe it is because it was "too generic" as said in the credits that the publishing company terminated their series

BNvz7

Sitting there with that face cause he knows he made that family happen.

BNvz7

This final panel easily makes the entire manga worth it.

"Heart rate higher than the winter sky", possibly?

Or just "my heart soared higher than the winter sky". Direct translation with beating or speed makes no sense in English anyway when comparing to a height.

Unless you do some convoluted "my heart beat faster than the winter sky is high" but that's just needlessly confusing.

lol that random pho drop in a manga.

afro is probably not a cat, since he/she would be more then like 6-7 years old by now

immortal wingman

??? cats can live to around 20 years you know lol my cat is around 15 currently and still going strong

Actually, it's more like "The beating heart is beating higher than the winter sky", but i changed it to make it more sense, looks like it failed lol. But anyway, it's still a stupid title IMO.

"Heart rate higher than the winter sky", possibly?

wait what ending out of nowhere 

That was... Absurdly rushed. Manga still says "Ongoing" though, it just hasn't been updated right? Though a continuation of it depicting their family life would be nice. It'd be nice if any romance at all continues past just the going-out part after spending a significant amount of time getting there. I mean I spend all this time reading about two characters wading through a swamp of shit and misunderstandings and now I don't even get to see the product of all that? Come on.

lol that random pho drop in a manga.

afro is probably not a cat, since he/she would be more then like 6-7 years old by now

immortal wingman

BNvz7

Cats still alive? I'm convinced. He's in a coma and this entire manga is a dream he's not going to wake up from.

axed or bored? we'll never know.

I'll take this over dozens of either open, axed (with bullshit "maybe we'll come back to this!" message) or forced endings. I wish it did go longer than a chapter, show them together at school or their life as a couple living together... but again, better than "I WONDER WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR US". Which is one of the reasons I checked mangaupdates to see if the series was rushed/axed and it showed in the ending before reading it.

did Afro make babies by itself?

The series ended up being quite forgettable.

that's a good ride, but it felt rushed.

I remember the last time the winter sky beat too

Random thought: It's not the TL's fault at all, but poetic proverbs* are one of the hardest things to make sense of from one language to another. Can you imagine some poor first-year ESL student running into "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"?

* - Which is what I think this chapter title (The beating heart beats faster than the winter sky) is, or at least imitates the form of.

Actually, it's more like "The beating heart is beating higher than the winter sky", but i changed it to make it more sense, looks like it failed lol. But anyway, it's still a stupid title IMO.

I remember the last time the winter sky beat too

Random thought: It's not the TL's fault at all, but poetic proverbs* are one of the hardest things to make sense of from one language to another. Can you imagine some poor first-year ESL student running into "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"?

* - Which is what I think this chapter title (The beating heart beats faster than the winter sky) is, or at least imitates the form of.

This went full Vanilla mode...it's so cute <3 They spend all the chapter trying to hold hands. 

Parents are cockblocking their son

People seem desperate to get them banging but won't give them the privacy they need xd

Well of course, the kids are still in highschool and still living with their parents. It'll be a different story once they graduate and move out.

People seem desperate to get them banging but won't give them the privacy they need xd

Parents are cockblocking their son

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics