Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.26 - 98votes)

Hensoku-kei Quadrangle

Alt Names: alt Anomalous System Quadranglealt 変則系クアドラングルalt 恋爱平方公式
Author: Banjo Azusa
Artist: Banjo Azusa
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In high school, Maki Eiji was a delinquent, often skipping class and getting into fights. One girl, Chino Kotoha, was kind to him, until she was targeted by delinquents due to their apparent relationship. Suffering their attack seemed to have permanently changed her for the worse.

Years later, when Eiji sees her again, he is overcome with guilt and regret. To his surprise, a mysterious scantily-clad woman suddenly appears, claiming she can send him back in time to make everything right! He takes her up on the offer, but things are not as simple as they may have seemed back then. It turns out that Kotoha had her own painful secrets in those days, and Eiji may not be the only one traveling in time to change the past!

Webcomic:
http://comic-polaris.jp/hensokukei/
Go to Hensoku-kei Quadrangle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mio New Window lygarx
  • 1 Replies
Topic Translator for this series! New Window yaboku94
  • 0 Replies

92 Comments

So uh...

Chino from another time-line/dimension/world kidnapped herself or something?

I mean that hair she has looks kinda like Chino's hair at least...

You know what? I don't care I will keep reading it. I like the drawing style.

It's already hinted that was not the real full cause for why she became catatonic (probably only 1% of it). Also he pretty much saw himself as unneeded. So he actually felt hey "senpai" noticed me I actually do have a chance for dereism!

It has nothing to do with "noticing". She just strung him along with no actual genuine affection. There was truly no reason to do this "redo" to right a wrong he didn't commit (if it's 1% as you say), and save a girl who didn't care and manipulated him.

He'd be better off just living a respectable life thereon out, since it's not like he made any mistakes in the first place, and cutting such a girl out of his life is a good thing.

Please tell me this sci fi crap was just for this arc

Voice of god:"Your love interest is a bitch who manipulates men to suit her own needs."

Shounen-kun:"Even so, she's relying on me to come protect her, so I will!"

Oi...shounen-kun, that sounds really admirable and poetic in the moment, but it's really kinda pathetic in retrospect. Like when a woman's husband declares he'll treat the kid born from an affair like his own child. Shounen-kun is the kind of guy that gives his life savings to his prostitute only for her to run away with her boyfriend. And he's totally ok with it because "at least she's happy".

What happened to the romance manga about the delinquent whose gf gets raped so he goes to the past to fix it? The aforementioned plot point doesn't even remotely fit her original characterization. She went into a damn catatonic state for years after being assaulted. That's not the behavior of a femme fatale.

It's already hinted that was not the real full cause for why she became catatonic (probably only 1% of it). Also he pretty much saw himself as unneeded. So he actually felt hey "senpai" noticed me I actually do have a chance for dereism!

Should the sci-fi tag be included? with all the time space bs their trying to explain

Not really Sci-fi is when they make science go real (or real shit XD). If it's just time and space then it's only supernatural level.

Voice of god:"Your love interest is a bitch who manipulates men to suit her own needs."

Shounen-kun:"Even so, she's relying on me to come protect her, so I will!"

Oi...shounen-kun, that sounds really admirable and poetic in the moment, but it's really kinda pathetic in retrospect. Like when a woman's husband declares he'll treat the kid born from an affair like his own child. Shounen-kun is the kind of guy that gives his life savings to his prostitute only for her to run away with her boyfriend. And he's totally ok with it because "at least she's happy".

What happened to the romance manga about the delinquent whose gf gets raped so he goes to the past to fix it? The aforementioned plot point doesn't even remotely fit her original characterization. She went into a damn catatonic state for years after being assaulted. That's not the behavior of a femme fatale.

Jumped the shark?

On another note, what happened to Maki's trap friend? Seems like they don't become friends until later on but at this rate, he's going to forget about his trap friend.

eh? EH!? EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?

Should the sci-fi tag be included? with all the time space bs their trying to explain

Im sure when this series ends it'll all make perfect sense.... maybe
What just happened?

Editor: This manga is not interesting enough, the rating keeps dropping, try to add some action and more supernatural elements

Mangaka: I got you there

Reader: WTF is happening?!

mmm...

Is this an original story or an adaptation?  Because this was quite an abrupt thematic change.

Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. Let's see where this leads us.

so is this now dropped by the TLers?

qEp7i.png

Up to chapter 9 this was a potentially interesting story about four people trying to rewrite their pasts, absolve themselves of guilt, and secure the happiness they had failed to grab on to the first time around.

Spoiler

I believe.... I didn't sign up for this.

O-KAY THEN. That was a hell of a switch...regardless, Kurosaki is the funniest character I've seen in awhile. His reactions to Chiyuri are hilarious, and the scene where he stops Eiji//falls over and utterly fails at catching him was priceless. Not to mention he isn't playing or trusting Mio's BS.

wow, people weren't kidding about the shift

That genre switch was as smooth and straightforward as a rectal prolapse.

it was so over the place, that I would actually expect that this guy appear

Spoiler
Well, this manga didn't last too long. I'm gonna go re-read Again!!.

So when are they gonna get super powers/weapon to fight against the time criminals?

Just after they regain memories of their past from another dimension.

Uh...

What the hell is happening anymore...

That genre switch was as smooth and straightforward as a rectal prolapse.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics